The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck :biggrin: just finished my first year at college andI remember what it was like :biggrin: just remember nothing's as bad as you imagine it to be, you'll all do fine I'm sure xxxx
Original post by snikutsmullac
I've been educated for a school in five years where people don't have much confidence in themselves, it rubs off... what university are you intending to study at?

I spent 5 years at a school where achieving above a U is seen as outstanding and where people like myself who wanted to go for the top grades like A/A* were seen as idiots
Cambridge, Birmigham- any university that will take me really :biggrin:. I know alot about most of the university's entry requirements and courses but I think either than the ranking, the main difference when choosing where to apply for me will be how I feel when I visit the universities themselves.
Do you have any specific universities currently in mind for yourself?
Reply 4522
It's hard to believe that our results are stored away somewhere, with no purpose, until 5 more days. I'm only getting my maths result, but it still feels horrible. :s-smilie:
Original post by EvasiveRose
I spent 5 years at a school where achieving above a U is seen as outstanding and where people like myself who wanted to go for the top grades like A/A* were seen as idiots
Cambridge, Birmigham- any university that will take me really :biggrin:. I know alot about most of the university's entry requirements and courses but I think either than the ranking, the main difference when choosing where to apply for me will be how I feel when I visit the universities themselves.
Do you have any specific universities currently in mind for yourself?

I know how you feel, I'm pretty much straight A/A* in my subjects and people look at me like some freak of nature; all I do is work hard.

My preference is to go to UEA (Norwich) because I live quite close to it, and I like the city and I think I stand a good chance of meeting the entry criteria. I'm open to other options, but I've not really looked at many other places. I don't want to travel too far from home in case I don't like it and can't quickly escape!
Reply 4524
Original post by goldenshades
Did anyone take the I.C.T exam with edexcel?

Me
Original post by meadhbh 3
Am i the only one whose waiting for most of their results for CCEA?

All my results are with CCEA. What subjects did you do?
Original post by Sulfur
It's hard to believe that our results are stored away somewhere, with no purpose, until 5 more days. I'm only getting my maths result, but it still feels horrible. :s-smilie:

I bet they feel lonely, sitting on some dark, dusty shelves..... longing to be opened and compared to their superiors.
Reply 4527
I bet they feel lonely, sitting on some dark, dusty shelves..... longing to be opened and compared to their superiors.

I doubt it.

I think they're on a database, waiting to be uploaded and then downloaded by the school and then printed which probably hasn't been done yet.
Is the EPQ only available for English students?
Original post by zed963
I doubt it.

I think they're on a database, waiting to be uploaded and then downloaded by the school and then printed which probably hasn't been done yet.

Wherever they are, they're taking too long.
Reply 4530
Original post by aasvogel
Is the EPQ only available for English students?

Nope, it's for anyone regardless of subject choices.
Original post by meadhbh 3
Am i the only one whose waiting for most of their results for CCEA?

Nope! 9 of my 11 subjects are with CCEA. :smile:
Reply 4532
Wherever they are, they're taking too long.

You could just hack into the website :tongue:
Original post by zed963
Nope, it's for anyone regardless of subject choices.

Awesome, tempted to give it a go but will need to read into it more.
Original post by mascot of NI
All my results are with CCEA. What subjects did you do?

I've got 9 of my subjects with CCEA! Best exam board there is.
Original post by zed963
You could just hack into the website :tongue:

If I knew how, I'd be on it. And I'd try and change the results of the people I don't like to read 'All U's'.
Original post by Darnell LD97
RG stands for Russel Group these are the top 20 unis in the UK :smile:

No, they aren't.

There are 24 Unis in the Russel Group. There are also other unis outside of the RG that often rank higher than unis in the RG, such as St Andrew, Bath, Loughborough, Sussex and Leicester.

To give you an idea of what the RG is...

"The Russell Group is a collection of 24 leading UK universities. They aim to set a high standard of teaching and research, and it’s true that many of the universities take research very seriously indeed. In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, the Russell Group produced 60% of the UK’s ‘world leading’ research."
-
http://www.allaboutcareers.com/careers-advice/choosing-a-university/russell-group-universities
Reply 4537
Original post by aasvogel
Awesome, tempted to give it a go but will need to read into it more.

I've heard it's a 5000 word essay.
Reply 4538

We must get them! - mission accepted. :ninja:

Original post by zed963
I doubt it.

Lazy schools. :mad:
Reply 4539
Original post by Sulfur
We must get them! - mission accepted. :ninja:

Lazy schools. :mad:

Exam board won't upload it until Wednesday so it's not the school's fault.

Latest