The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey 2013 Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by alicesaleh
Ok are you aware of how many blocks there are?? I am in p and ive seen a few people in R and was just wondering how many that there are :smile: if you know of course haha

I think in the whole building we're talking 30+ blocks, each with around 8 people in.

I'm not sure how many are in each letter though.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 221
Original post by Dan1909
I think in the whole building we're talking 30+ blocks, each with around 8 people in.

I'm not sure how many are in each letter though.

Hey do you know how the millennium house numbering system works? I've found 6 people including me who got millennium 91-96. Does that mean we're all sharing a flat/kitchen/general area?
Reply 222
Original post by hianlee
Hey do you know how the millennium house numbering system works? I've found 6 people including me who got millennium 91-96. Does that mean we're all sharing a flat/kitchen/general area?

I think each of those numbers is an individual flat, each one having around 6 or 7 people. Each flat has its own kitchen, so you're only sharing with the people on your floor.
Reply 223
Original post by hianlee

these are individual flats and not room numbers! it would be quite lucky for you to find all people in your flat in few days haha
anyone want to swap a band D room for an on-campus band C (tyford) ? if you do let me know
Original post by Becky1144
I know what you mean it is nice to speak to someone - I have no idea about what we did or anything - it's so exciting ! What accomodation have you got ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I know! I feel stupid because I'm so excited. I'm staying at Stag Hill Court house 6 :smile: how about you? X
Hey everyone.
I'm hopping to apply for a band D room and I was wondering whether the room came with a mini fridge? Or whether you'd be allowed to have a mini fridge in there?

Oh and also what are the advantages and disadvantages of a band D room? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by SoniaTwizere
Hey everyone.
I'm hopping to apply for a band D room and I was wondering whether the room came with a mini fridge? Or whether you'd be allowed to have a mini fridge in there?

Oh and also what are the advantages and disadvantages of a band D room? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope there's no mini fridge in any band D rooms. The rules say you're not allowed one, but it's unlikely you'd actually get caught, and it's easy enough to hide/unplug it if there's ever an inspection.

The main advantage of a band D room is having the ensuite toilet, whereas band C rooms don't. To some people that's important, to other it's not. The downside is it's £20 a week more expensive than a band C room.
Original post by Dan1909
Nope there's no mini fridge in any band D rooms. The rules say you're not allowed one, but it's unlikely you'd actually get caught, and it's easy enough to hide/unplug it if there's ever an inspection.

The main advantage of a band D room is having the ensuite toilet, whereas band C rooms don't. To some people that's important, to other it's not. The downside is it's £20 a week more expensive than a band C room.

Oh I see I guess I'll have to live without a mini-fridge.. I'm not good with not following rules. So I'll stick to the rules

I hope to get a job and I'm entitled to bursary so I'll be able to pay for the room. An en suite is definitely important to me, thank you for the information and for replying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Hello all, I just found out that I will be staying in Surrey Wey....if this applies to anyone else, then please let me know! Would love to get acquainted before moving in :smile:
Original post by Jenny__Baker
Yeah I spoke to someone and they said if we stay in contact for when we register in on the 3rd we can do a swap :smile: !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good. So 3rd of September or October?
Reply 231
Original post by luke68
Anyone in James Black 55-62?

I'm in James Black, 91-98 though. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got Band-B Guilford Court
Reply 233
Heyy anyone in alexander fleming manor park 52-59 block F?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Anyone band d, millennium 73-78?
Reply 235
Original post by Becky1144
Anyone in millennium house on stag hill campus ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i am! What room numbers are you?? I'm 91-96
Reply 236
Original post by hianlee
91-96. It probably is. I've found someone with exactly the same offer as me.

hey I'm in the same flats as you!! 91-96 in millenium!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 237
Original post by Victoriamoore93
Haha I know! I feel stupid because I'm so excited. I'm staying at Stag Hill Court house 6 :smile: how about you? X

I know I am very excited as well ! Ah that's cool I think I am near you in millennium house 67-72 !! I can't wait to start !!! Where are coming from ? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 238
Original post by kathrynkk
Yeah i am! What room numbers are you?? I'm 91-96

That's cool I am 67-72 !! What are you studying ? I can't wait to start !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dan1909
Stag hill is the name of the campus, but also the name of a court :smile:

Can you copy and paste the exact wording here?

Do you see many ppl on campus with children? I know they have family accommodation on campus as well as off, just wondered if it was a usual thing to have people on campu swho have children

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending