The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 06moca
Got 132/150 ums. All I can say to the retakers is to read the ocr textbook over and over again and do the past papers over and over again, always aiming for 100%. Also do the legacy papers as they are a big help. (that's how I revise chem and got A overall in A2)

What is a legacy paper?
Reply 4601
[QUOTE="needtosucceed=);44014894"]Ohhhh right I see, well you wasn't too far. ahhh damn that sucks, well you can definitely improve this year or retake f322?[/QUOTE

Thanks for advice :smile: any advice on how to go about revising?
Original post by 06moca
Got 132/150 ums. All I can say to the retakers is to read the ocr textbook over and over again and do the past papers over and over again, always aiming for 100%. Also do the legacy papers as they are a big help. (that's how I revise chem and got A overall in A2)

Original post by Gotzz
I got 137/150 in this :smile:

hi gotzz! i remember you from this thread wen we were revising :smile: congrats thats amazing, i got 135 :smile:

spot on there, legacy papers are key. all AS students make sure you do them next year :smile:
Reply 4603
Original post by needtosucceed=)
hi gotzz! i remember you from this thread wen we were revising :smile: congrats thats amazing, i got 135 :smile:

spot on there, legacy papers are key. all AS students make sure you do them next year :smile:

I remember you too :biggrin: thanks! And you too :smile:

What are they?? Never done that in AS and got a C :/
Original post by yodawg321
What are they?? Never done that in AS and got a C :/

theyre all the old past papers from the previous ocr specification.
heres a link to them

http://www.freeexampapers.com/

go to a level>chemistry>ocr and theyre all there from 2001 onwards.

not all of the questions will be relevant as some of the stuff we dont have to learn anymore however most of them are

were you close to a B?
theyre all the old past papers from the previous ocr specification.
heres a link to them

http://www.freeexampapers.com/

go to a level>chemistry>ocr and theyre all there from 2001 onwards.

not all of the questions will be relevant as some of the stuff we dont have to learn anymore however most of them are

were you close to a B?

Thanks for this :smile:, got a mid C , a B in unit 1 and a low C in unit 2 ( really thought I done better) So going to resit that
Original post by yodawg321
Thanks for this :smile:, got a mid C , a B in unit 1 and a low C in unit 2 ( really thought I done better) So going to resit that

no problem :smile:
ah yea sounds like you should resit it, but focus loads of unit4+5 too, especially 5 it gets tough.
if you have any questions let me know. best of luck :smile:
no problem :smile:
ah yea sounds like you should resit it, but focus loads of unit4+5 too, especially 5 it gets tough.
if you have any questions let me know. best of luck :smile:

Thank You, how did you do? When do you think I should properly revising for the exams in June?
I literally just got an A. I got 120/150!
Original post by ImAz
At my college, they allow us to resit the AS ISA's one more time during A2, but you don't get 3 attempts like we did for AS. It might be different if you're resitting the whole AS though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks, I'm not retaking the year thank god. I got two A's in the exams, I just need to retake my CW because I got an E. I'm so bad at practical's though

yes you can. I just finished year13 and resat 2 AS practicals :smile:

yaay, Thanks :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4611
Original post by SavannaC
Oh thanks, I'm not retaking the year thank god. I got two A's in the exams, I just need to retake my CW because I got an E. I'm so bad at practical's though

yaay, Thanks :smile:

Wow well done on the A's! I managed a C on the ISA's but did badly in my exams to:\ C and D, I felt confident about the F322 exam aswell.. But guess I should just start working for my resits!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4612
If you can, try and redo your practical and get it up to an A grade, they make a lot of a difference. Also I retook all my chemistry exam in the summer and it all overlapped and found it very interesting and helpful, not recommending it to people who can't take the workload.
Original post by ImAz
Wow well done on the A's! I managed a C on the ISA's but did badly in my exams to:\ C and D, I felt confident about the F322 exam aswell.. But guess I should just start working for my resits!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile:. I know how you felt with the F322 exam, I felt the exact same way with my core 1 exam.
Definitely start revising for your resits now, all the hard work will be worth it in the end. At least if you resit one module and your ISA you could boost your AS grade up, then hopefully even get an A overall :biggrin:
7 UMS off an A, is that about 3 raw marks? Worth a remark as it's such a big paper?
Original post by SavannaC
Thanks :smile:. I know how you felt with the F322 exam, I felt the exact same way with my core 1 exam.
Definitely start revising for your resits now, all the hard work will be worth it in the end. At least if you resit one module and your ISA you could boost your AS grade up, then hopefully even get an A overall :biggrin:

Start revision now?? The exam is months away!
Original post by Loiks94
7 UMS off an A, is that about 3 raw marks? Worth a remark as it's such a big paper?

worth it i think.I'm 7 UMS off a B but it depends on how they've arranged the comparison ito. ums to raw marks.Also was told that papers aren't scanned in because of pencil drawings for graphs and structures.I'm getting the paper back ASAP :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
worth it i think.I'm 7 UMS off a B but it depends on how they've arranged the comparison ito. ums to raw marks.Also was told that papers aren't scanned in because of pencil drawings for graphs and structures.I'm getting the paper back ASAP :smile:

Does anybody have the official markscheme?

I was sure I secured 85 marks minimum, OCR Chemistry is known for shoddy marking, sent in a full clerical check - does the senior examiner see the previous mark before marking the paper again?
get your paper back and see where you went wrong or if the marking was too strict. I did this last year and it helped me a lot.

When you say that you get the paper back to see if the marking is too strict, if it is in fact too strict then is there anything you can do about it e.g. appeal? I was aiming for an A in F322 and was getting high A's in past papers for the days running up to the exam yet only achieved a C in this module which brought my overall grade down to a B rather than the A which is a bit annoying.
Reply 4619
Thought I'd only gotten a couple of questions wrong, but I got 133 UMS so I'm still pretty darn happy :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending