The Student Room Group

How long do you wait before you have sex?

If you're dating someone, do you wait till they're your boyfriend? Till your in love with them to have sex or do you put out on the first date?

Scroll to see replies

I don't get dating. You're either going out with them or you're not :curious:

Anyway I had sex with my boyfriend 3 weeks after I was going out with him. Would have been sooner but logistically we couldn't find anywhere private :rofl:
Depends. Some guys have been on the first date... Others a few months in. Whenever it's right really.
Reply 3
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I don't get dating. You're either going out with them or you're not :curious:

I agree, I don't really understand the whole "dating" thing.

I personally have a habit of having sex with them and then progressing on to any "dating" stages, but that's just me.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Approximately 13 and a half minutes after foreplay has commenced :beard:

Seriously OP - particularly if you're a virgin, as per your other thread - wait until you are ready, ideally with a patient/sensitive guy (often means a boyfriend, yes)

Dating is like going out light ~ isn't so full on/the same expectation of exclusivity necessarily :borat:

:eek: What would your mother say!?

Then what's the point? Isn't that just meeting for a chat or no strings sex? Really don't get it :rofl:
Original post by Treeroy
I agree, I don't really understand the whole "dating" thing.

I personally have a habit of having sex with them and then progressing on to any "dating" stages, but that's just me.

Yeah it makes no sense
Reply 6
Until you're ready really! If you've already done it and it's not a big thing for you, whenever you like, but if you haven't and you're worrying about it, I really recommend doing it with someone who cares about you and won't make you do it before you're ready, makes such a difference!
Original post by Foo.mp3

:eek: What would your mother say!?

I'm sure she'd be very proud of me :u:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Haha

Spoiler

Haha. Me neither. :s-smilie:

I think she'd just be glad I wasn't foreveralone tbh...
Reply 9
10 minutes
Original post by Foo.mp3
Hmm. I dunno, I guess it depends on the trajectory of/treatment in the relationships that followed, no parent wants their sprog to sell themselves short..

Was your current partner a 1st date lay btw?

No my current was very traditional in terms of courtship.

However my previous relationship was a ONS that went on to last 9 months so....
Reply 11
Three dates. :colonhash:
It's varied from guy to guy depending on what I want from him. Where I've wanted something casual it was on the first date, and where I've wanted something more serious it's been longer. The reasoning behind this lies mainly in thinking about what sort of impression my conduct could give to the guy, and whether or not I would like him to see me that way.

And to weigh in on the discussion of what dating is - for me it's repeatedly spending one-to-one time with a person, all the while having hopes/expectations that I wouldn't if I were just seeing a friend. It's not necessarily exclusive, but I'd usually hope that it's leading to something more serious.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Aha, cool. Does he know you've had (an) ONS(s)/boinked guys on a 1st date?

Yes. He has done the same. Neither of us are particularly judgemental people when it comes to that sort of thing. As long as we're not continuing to do it while in a relationship it doesn't matter!
I waited two months after I'd first met him and by then he'd officially been my boyfriend for one month. I don't like the idea of sex with guys I don't know very well, so it takes me a while to feel comfortable and trusting of him. It's different for everyone though, and I'm guessing the type of people who like having casual sex would do it on the first date.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well that's refreshing :smile: Personally I'm a little ambivalent/hypocritical in this regard e.g. when it comes to serious/long term prospects

As in you don't view girls who have had ONS as relationship material yet would have them yourself? If that's what you mean by hypocritical? I think it's hard to judge someone to that extent, especially if the offending incident(s) was quite some time ago. Though obviously it's all within reason, I'd probably be slightly sceptical of a guy who had slept with 50+ women or some other high number!
Original post by Foo.mp3

Hmm. I’d probably have a higher number than that were it not for my health probs. Not that girls shouldn’t be skeptical about me anyway :laugh:

:K:.... However I suppose you have a few years experience over someone my age or younger. I don't object to the number per se it's the way a guy handles it... For instance if he brags about it and uses it as some sort of trophy then it's pretty vile.
I've never done dating, I normally just get/get given to me a girl's number, get to know them a bit by phone/text/whatsapp. I see to it that the chat gets dirty then arrange some sexy time which usually leads to an FWB situation, obviously in which we go out together as friends and also bang each other regularly. If feelings develop between us then it'll turn into a relationship.
I have no idea. Considering I've never had sex, or done anything sexual in the slightest (not even kissing :redface:) I imagine the first relationship I had would be a very slow progression to that stage - six months minimum. After that, I don't know. It's subjective to the relationship. But I don't think I'd ever have sex on the first date. You have to get to know them first, build some kind of connection.
Reply 19
Met a guy at a Party in January, really hit it off. He asked for my number, Since January 2013 we have been texting like every day, he skypes me every weekend ish and phones me randomly.

Atm its all cause I live in Scotland he he lives in England BUTTTT-I'm moving to England (45 mins from him) for September (Uni) I didn't apply to this uni because of him-It just worked out I met him after I applied for uni.

Now, how long should I wait(I'm not a virgin so I'm not worried about all that)? cause obviously I realllly like him and he will be staying in my accommodation every couple of weekends and technically we have both waited 9 months, He hasn't had any flings or girlfriends that I know of and neither have I, and he has already asked me to go on a date. :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending