The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aasvogel
I've got 9 of my subjects with CCEA! Best exam board there is.

Yeah I like the way they do their exams and controlled assessment. Whereabouts are you from?
Original post by snikutsmullac
I know how you feel, I'm pretty much straight A/A* in my subjects and people look at me like some freak of nature; all I do is work hard.

My preference is to go to UEA (Norwich) because I live quite close to it, and I like the city and I think I stand a good chance of meeting the entry criteria. I'm open to other options, but I've not really looked at many other places. I don't want to travel too far from home in case I don't like it and can't quickly escape!

Made me smile
Well, good luck! Never let other people's opinion of you and what they think you can achieve hold you back. And dont feel the need to go to UEA just because its the safe option. If you find a course you like better at another university, whose entry requirements are higher, set yourself a goal and go for it. If you don't reach it atleast you'll have no regrets
Original post by pinkgorilla
Lol. There were like so many essay questions.Yes hopefully :wink:
Are you doing economics at alevel?

I am taking it for A Level! Are you? What else are you taking? By the way, good luck for your results :smile:
If anyone is really worried about not getting x no. of A* grades it really doesn't matter if you don't.

I got my GCSE results last year and I got 1A* 5As 5Bs and a C when I was expecting nearly all A/A* and I knew I could achieve it so I was pretty upset. So this year I pulled my finger out and actually got some work done and on Thursday I got my AS results which was 5As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and General Studies. My UMS average was so much higher than I was expecting that I am now looking into applying to Cambridge for Economics.

So if any of you don't do as well as you were expecting next week, all is not lost!!!
Original post by EvasiveRose
Made me smile
Well, good luck! Never let other people's opinion of you and what they think you can achieve hold you back. And dont feel the need to go to UEA just because its the safe option. If you find a course you like better at another university, whose entry requirements are higher, set yourself a goal and go for it. If you don't reach it atleast you'll have no regrets

UEA does medicine, that's the degree I want and the entry requirements are pretty high there. I always try and get as high grades as possible, but of course achieving them is another matter :biggrin:
UEA does medicine, that's the degree I want and the entry requirements are pretty high there. I always try and get as high grades as possible, but of course achieving them is another matter :biggrin:

If you set your mind to something, anything is possible. It's nice to see you have your future layed out-Good Luck in trying to achieve it :wink:
Did anyone by any chance do OCR 21st Century Science (from 2011) the triple science exams and the coursework? I'm quite nervous about the results for those seeing as I'd really like to get all A*s in science. Oh and did anyone do OCR for english lit and english lang (from 2010) the of mice and men, a view from a bridge and Lord of the flies exams for those specifically. I'd like to get an A* in english but over the years I've learnt that English tends to be a bogey subject for me and most of the people i know on results day.

On a side note which may be deemed as slightly off topic is WJEC good for A-level chem or is AQA far superior.
If you set your mind to something, anything is possible. It's nice to see you have your future layed out-Good Luck in trying to achieve it :wink:

Yes and to you. Great that you have such a positive outlook.
Is it possible for your grade to be mis-printed wrong to your sheet?
Reply 4549
Original post by Bloxorus
If anyone is really worried about not getting x no. of A* grades it really doesn't matter if you don't.

I got my GCSE results last year and I got 1A* 5As 5Bs and a C when I was expecting nearly all A/A* and I knew I could achieve it so I was pretty upset. So this year I pulled my finger out and actually got some work done and on Thursday I got my AS results which was 5As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and General Studies. My UMS average was so much higher than I was expecting that I am now looking into applying to Cambridge for Economics.

So if any of you don't do as well as you were expecting next week, all is not lost!!!

Great story! Well done for getting amazing AS grades!:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes and to you. Great that you have such a positive outlook.

I wouldn't say I have a positive outlook per say. If you met me in real life you'd probably say I was the most cynical, negative person you'd ever met.:tongue:
You seem like a nice user to talk to. How did you get the red gem, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4551
Yeah dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thespontaneous1
Did anyone by any chance do OCR 21st Century Science (from 2011) the triple science exams and the coursework? I'm quite nervous about the results for those seeing as I'd really like to get all A*s in science. Oh and did anyone do OCR for english lit and english lang (from 2010) the of mice and men, a view from a bridge and Lord of the flies exams for those specifically. I'd like to get an A* in english but over the years I've learnt that English tends to be a bogey subject for me and most of the people i know on results day.

On a side note which may be deemed as slightly off topic is WJEC good for A-level chem or is AQA far superior.

I did the OCR triple science exams, I didn't think the exams were too bad to be honest, did you?
I wouldn't say I have a positive outlook per say. If you met me in real life you'd probably say I was the most cynical, negative person you'd ever met.:tongue:
You seem like a nice user to talk to. How did you get the red gem, if you don't mind me asking?

Probably because I started a thread moaning about people on here? Who knows!

To be fair I always look miserable too, but it's just a front!
Original post by zed963
I've heard it's a 5000 word essay.

On anything you want? (within reason)
Original post by AppleGeek12
I did the OCR triple science exams, I didn't think the exams were too bad to be honest, did you?

Ah cool, i found P7 the hardest of the bunch if im honest but i revised less for that and more for C7. C7 and B7 were great exams and P7 was decent but i need to get 84 ums in that to be sure of an A* which seems decent but im crapping my pants. I also retook B123 and C456.
Reply 4556
Original post by aasvogel
On anything you want? (within reason)

I'm not sure, there are a few topics though.
Original post by mascot of NI
Yeah I like the way they do their exams and controlled assessment. Whereabouts are you from?

They also used to ask funny questions in Maths past papers. :lol: And are the only exam board that give out '1st in the Country awards! :cool:

I'm from Banbridge, but go to school in Newry - yourself? :smile:
Probably because I started a thread moaning about people on here? Who knows!

To be fair I always look miserable too, but it's just a front!

Well, that's bound to get you 'negs'. What could you possibly find about us lovely users to moan about? :eyebrow:

Sadly, I look all nice and welcoming until I open my mouth to release a scathing remark; only to people who annoy me though :laugh:
Original post by ylime20
The Exams Officer at your school is typically the only person who sees everyone's results the day before. Your school receives the results the day before so they can be checked and put in an envelope. You'd actually be surprised at the amount of teachers who don't check the grades until after you get them. My dad is a maths teacher and almost every year he doesn't know what his students got until they tell him, even though he does have access about 2 hours later to all the student's results. Ultimately, it is you who should see your results first.

This definetley doesn't happen at my school ,when I asked about my January results and I'm presuming they do the same for June as well they said they might not give them to us on results day but they were able to because they have to put them into databases and all that.If noone other than the Exams Officer looked at your results, how would the school calculate things like % 5A*-C including English and Maths among other statistics that appear on results day on the schools website?

Latest