The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thespontaneous1
Did anyone by any chance do OCR 21st Century Science (from 2011) the triple science exams and the coursework? I'm quite nervous about the results for those seeing as I'd really like to get all A*s in science. Oh and did anyone do OCR for english lit and english lang (from 2010) the of mice and men, a view from a bridge and Lord of the flies exams for those specifically. I'd like to get an A* in english but over the years I've learnt that English tends to be a bogey subject for me and most of the people i know on results day.

On a side note which may be deemed as slightly off topic is WJEC good for A-level chem or is AQA far superior.

I did OCR triple science I hated the coursework, I found the Chemistry one the most difficult but im hoping for an A* in physics A in chemistry and A in biology. I also did OCR english lang and Lit i did Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls last year in June and got an A* and an A respectively i was so excited because English is not my favorite subject. I also got 55/80 for Ideas and Information hopefully that is a B or possibly an A. :biggrin:

I think AQA has a better structure than WJEC.:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone round London going to St Dominics for sixth form?
Original post by lolface32
What did you get? :biggrin:

For GCSE? 7A* and 4A :smile:

Original post by snikutsmullac
Thanks, how did you get on with your A-Level results on Thursday if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by techno836
no I don't want to risk stretching myself as I was going to do Psychology aswell, but instead I decided i'm just going to read/learn around it without the qualification :smile:

we can enjoy the fun of A levels now :sogood: and thankyou :smile: how were your results :biggrin:

I got AAAB in AS biology, chemistry, maths and physics. The B is one mark off so it's going in for a remark :smile: Not sure what I'm dropping for A2 yet :smile: May keep all 4 :smile:
Original post by aasvogel
They also used to ask funny questions in Maths past papers. :lol: And are the only exam board that give out '1st in the Country awards! :cool:

I'm from Banbridge, but go to school in Newry - yourself? :smile:

Some of the questions are hilarious. I also love how they try to be really multicultural with the names of people in questions.

I'm from just outside Lisburn and just go to school in the city.
Original post by EvasiveRose
Well, that's bound to get you 'negs'. What could you possibly find about us lovely users to moan about? :eyebrow:

Sadly, I look all nice and welcoming until I open my mouth to release a scathing remark; only to people who annoy me though :laugh:

Some people were annoying me on a thread, so I felt like having a rant. Sometimes I go off on one.

I never say anything mean to anybody, I keep those thoughts in my head because I'm too shy/scared to defend myself aftewards... too shy for my own good I am!
Original post by And I
for you to get a B you would need to **** up really bad mate: you need 41 ums for a B, so i think you should be looking at a solid A as a realistic target tbh.

cheers :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway

I got AAAB in AS biology, chemistry, maths and physics. The B is one mark off so it's going in for a remark :smile: Not sure what I'm dropping for A2 yet :smile: May keep all 4 :smile:

Those are great grades. How would you say you found the workload?

Some people were annoying me on a thread, so I felt like having a rant. Sometimes I go off on one.

I never say anything mean to anybody, I keep those thoughts in my head because I'm too shy/scared to defend myself aftewards... too shy for my own good I am!

I have a habit of going off on one too, although I haven't found a person who has awoken my wrath as of yet :smile:
Plus, I'd like to think I'm not mean, just realistic. You should feel free to voice your opinions without being scared or shy (as long as their not mean enough to get you beaten up :laugh: )
Those are great grades. How would you say you found the workload?

I have a habit of going off on one too, although I haven't found a person who has awoken my wrath as of yet :smile:
Plus, I'd like to think I'm not mean, just realistic. You should feel free to voice your opinions without being scared or shy (as long as their not mean enough to get you beaten up :laugh: )

If I think something would hurt someone I wouldn't say it, I'm too respectful of people.
Does anybody live in the east of england?
Does anybody live in the east of england?

yes i live in Bedfordshire :smile:
If I think something would hurt someone I wouldn't say it, I'm too respectful of people.

:five: Same here- I don't like to upset people as I know how it feels (have taken a lot of 'crap' from people in my own school because I wanted to study instead of mess about)
Original post by Darnell LD97
yes i live in Bedfordshire :smile:

Don't matter then, I was hoping to miraculously find someone who is going to the same college as me next year, but I'm far more east than you :cool:
Original post by Darnell LD97
I did OCR triple science I hated the coursework, I found the Chemistry one the most difficult but im hoping for an A* in physics A in chemistry and A in biology. I also did OCR english lang and Lit i did Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls last year in June and got an A* and an A respectively i was so excited because English is not my favorite subject. I also got 55/80 for Ideas and Information hopefully that is a B or possibly an A. :biggrin:

I think AQA has a better structure than WJEC.:smile:

Ah awesome, yeah in general chemistry I found to be a rather challenging gcse in relation to the easier bio. Ah well done on the english thoroughly deserved. Id be happy to get grades like that for my exams. Of mice and men was the only pleasant english exam. And that sounds like an A to me off the top of my head. Im hoping for straight a*s in science. What science coursework did you find the hardest and how did you fair in the core and additional modules? And thanks for the a level info....some have said wjec is easier for a level chem
Reply 4573
Has anyone done any prep for college?

Stuff like stationery, bags, clothes etc?
:five: Same here- I don't like to upset people as I know how it feels (have taken a lot of 'crap' from people in my own school because I wanted to study instead of mess about)

Would you say you have many friends?
Original post by zed963

All of my stationery.

About a quarter of the way through clothes.

No textbooks as of yet.
Original post by zed963

Got all the clothes i need and pens and things. Some books left have also started c1revision for maths.
Original post by g.k.galloway

Aww wow :smile: how are you finding chemistry and what was your maths UMS if you don't mind asking :colondollar:
Reply 4578
Got all the clothes i need and pens and things. Some books left have also started c1revision for maths.

Just finished core 1 today.

I definitely enjoyed the course.

Sent from my iPhone
Reply 4579

Which pens do you usually purchase ?

Sent from my iPhone

Latest