The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva
Excellent!

Although do you think its advantageous for me to try Queen Mary also?
Reply 321
Rang Bolton again (Rang this morning as they were shut when i got in from work), They said getting released might take til Wednesday -.-
Rang stafford about it, they said they'll get in touch with them, and if no change by monday to ring them back. But someone said on monday i can ask UCAS to delete Bolton?
Reply 322
As my university is closed on the weekend I was just wondering if they are still processing ucas applications during the weekend? Will my ucas update this weekend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deavinj
I just got an email through saying congratulations etc, but my track still hasn't updated :/ so I rang them up and the admissions administrator guy for civil and mech (Neil) is going to call me when he gets out of his meeting. Man I hope this means I'm in and not that they've just put me on the wrong mailing list. Have you got any emails yet?

Heard back from them... but they won't confirm till they've seen all my certificates from like 16 years ago...

so now i'm trying to get re-issues of all my certificates... it's gonna cost me about £500... bloody stupid!!

i wont get an official answer now till the beginning of fresheers

but at least they got back to me!!

Elly
xx
Original post by Minerva
Excellent!

If you have any questions about Royal Holloway, please do send us a private message.

Thanks
Tania
Reply 325
Original post by nicolestephanie
Although do you think its advantageous for me to try Queen Mary also?
Oh yes, no harm in pursuing as many options as you can. Royal Holloway is a very different university because although part of Londn University it is out of town, where KCL and QM are right in there. You may want to consider what the different courses offer as well -

Original post by Dana.
Rang Bolton again (Rang this morning as they were shut when i got in from work), They said getting released might take til Wednesday -.-
Rang stafford about it, they said they'll get in touch with them, and if no change by monday to ring them back. But someone said on monday i can ask UCAS to delete Bolton?
Yes, that's right. If Bolton still haven't done anything by Monday morning, ask UCAS to force the issue for you. (What happens is that UCAS will send through a request for a decision, and mark you 'unsuccessful' if Bolton don't respond within 24 hours.)

Original post by Ali78632
As my university is closed on the weekend I was just wondering if they are still processing ucas applications during the weekend? Will my ucas update this weekend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It may do. Although the enquiry lines are closed I'd be very surprised if people aren't working behind the scenes to get confirmation decisions through to UCAS, and as with offers earlier in the cycle, these get uploaded pretty quickly.
Original post by Squishyy
Give the Uni a ring, ask them to forward you straight to the actually department you wish to study, explain your situation and usually they sort out your problem very quickly. I had a similar situation yesterday and I am an international student too, they kept me waiting on UCAS and after I talked to the Head of department and get a verbal confirmation in 15mins... should be on UCAS soon once they sort out the international matters.

Hope it helps

Thankyou!! UCAS updated now so I officially have an offer :smile: But apparently still have to wait 42 hours to apply for accommodation :/
Does anyone have any idea how long universities can keep you waiting for a decision? I don't even know if I'll have a place & it means I can't apply for clearing or anything. Can they just make you wait and wait?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
Recieved a call back from Staffordshire, Apparently Bolton have offered me and alternative course but it hasn't come through on UCAS yet.
Reply 329
Original post by Adam020
I called up the medway pharmacy department instead of the clearing line and they looked at my application whilst on the phone and accepted me because my AS physics, which I got a D in, pushed my total UCAS points up :smile:

Hey I also achieved BCC and applied for Pharmacy. Been rejected by firma and insurance. Was wondering whether your B grade was in Chemistry or not, as I achieved a C grade in Chemistry and was wondering whether Medway would accept me?
Reply 330
Original post by Emily115
Does anyone have any idea how long universities can keep you waiting for a decision? I don't even know if I'll have a place & it means I can't apply for clearing or anything. Can they just make you wait and wait?
In theory, they've got until September, but it won't take that long. Ring them up on Monday and see what's happening. In the meantime, if you want to explore options in Clearing you can get in touch with people and see what they say. Some unis are open tomorrow.

Original post by Dana.
Recieved a call back from Staffordshire, Apparently Bolton have offered me and alternative course but it hasn't come through on UCAS yet.
If they (ie Bolton) have sent it through it should come up over the weekend.

Original post by Farid1
Hey I also achieved BCC and applied for Pharmacy. Been rejected by firma and insurance. Was wondering whether your B grade was in Chemistry or not, as I achieved a C grade in Chemistry and was wondering whether Medway would accept me?
Only way to find out is to ask them direct - no-one else can tell you.
Original post by Minerva
In theory, they've got until September, but it won't take that long. Ring them up on Monday and see what's happening. In the meantime, if you want to explore options in Clearing you can get in touch with people and see what they say. Some unis are open tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice (:
I got an email last night saying that all applications are being reviewed, and they've made it sound like everyone on my course is waiting. It says that we should hear in the week.
I do have an offer from my insurance (so I don't really need to know about clearing), does this stand until I hear from my firm?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 332
Original post by Emily115
Thanks for the advice (:
I got an email last night saying that all applications are being reviewed, and they've made it sound like everyone on my course is waiting. It says that we should hear in the week.
I do have an offer from my insurance (so I don't really need to know about clearing), does this stand until I hear from my firm?
Yes, if your insurance is already unconditional you have a guaranteed place if your firm decides they don't have room for you, so there's no need to worry about Clearing. Your insurance will know that your firm is still making up its mind, so you don't need to do anything.
I rang my insurance university on Friday morning to get them to release me into clearing but they've still not acted on this. Should I be worried or let it play out until Monday?
Reply 334
Wait til Monday, If they've still not released you ring UCAS, if the uni doesnt reply to UCAS within 24 Your application will be marked as unsuccessful and you'll be released.
It still says conditional at the moment. Ultimately, this may be a blessing in disguise as - after doing abit more research - I'm leaning to wanting to go to University of Leeds if they'll allow over my clearing place
Reply 336
Original post by Saucy Carrot
I rang my insurance university on Friday morning to get them to release me into clearing but they've still not acted on this. Should I be worried or let it play out until Monday?
If your office is currently conditional, you need a rejection.

Original post by Dana.
Wait til Monday, If they've still not released you ring UCAS, if the uni doesnt reply to UCAS within 24 Your application will be marked as unsuccessful and you'll be released.
It's only rejections that UCAS can ensure happen quickly from Monday - unis are not obliged to be quick about releasing people though most will be.

Original post by Saucy Carrot
It still says conditional at the moment. Ultimately, this may be a blessing in disguise as - after doing abit more research - I'm leaning to wanting to go to University of Leeds if they'll allow over my clearing place
Not quite whether you mean you want your insurance place after all, if they're willing to give it to you. If that is so, you need to tell them very quickly indeed, and hope that they didn't process the rejection last thing this afternoon.
Reply 337
I'm waiting for my school to cash in my a- level biology and chemistry results.
Both my firm and insurance choice are waiting. Also, as I was just short of an A in chemistry, and my firm can't make a decision until they see my results. I'm starting to think this means that my chance of still getting into my firm choice is getting lower by the hour.
AQA did not send my final Maths grade through to my college, which is an issue as I am studying Maths at Uni!
Until they do this, neither my firm or insurance can do anything. So frustrating because I have met the offers
Original post by hello1236
I'm waiting for my school to cash in my a- level biology and chemistry results.
Both my firm and insurance choice are waiting. Also, as I was just short of an A in chemistry, and my firm can't make a decision until they see my results. I'm starting to think this means that my chance of still getting into my firm choice is getting lower by the hour.

That's what happened with me but my firm just confirmed my offer this afternoon so all hope isn't lost. :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest