The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EvasiveRose
I doubt you can't make friends. Maybe it has more to do with your shyness. I wouldn't mind being friends with you:biggrin:

Well you've spoken to me beforehand to know what I'm like but if you met me first, you probably wouldn't because your first impression of me would be different!

Enough about depressing stuff anyway.
Original post by sr-96
GCSE science grades are expected to drop following a 'toughening up of papers' :afraid:

You heard this where? Also to be honest im sure this applies more to aqa if it is indeed sound.
Reply 4622
Original post by Tibbz2
Did you find them easy? If so then it doesn't really matter!

I didn't find them troubling at all really :redface:

Physics and Chemistry were fine :smile: I found Biology harder than usual and messed up on a few questions so i am worried:frown:
Reply 4623
Original post by thespontaneous1
You heard this where? Also to be honest im sure this applies more to aqa if it is indeed sound.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395904/GCSE-students-collecting-A-grades-like-Boy-Scout-badges-Number-QUADRUPLED-just-years.html
Apparently OCR science papers were tougher than usual too :eek:
Original post by Basket case
Anyone know what time grade boundaries come out Wednesday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
usually at night id say check from 9pm onwards
Original post by snikutsmullac
Well you've spoken to me beforehand to know what I'm like but if you met me first, you probably wouldn't because your first impression of me would be different!

Enough about depressing stuff anyway.

I doubt I wouldn't talk to you. A person's personal appearance does not play a major factor in whether or not I talk to them.
And no more depressing stuff :smile:
Although, if you don't mind me asking are you a girl or a boy (your posts don't really help me decide)?
I doubt I wouldn't talk to you. A person's personal appearance does not play a major factor in whether or not I talk to them.
And no more depressing stuff :smile:
Although, if you don't mind me asking are you a girl or a boy (your posts don't really help me decide)?

I'm a boy, and for the record it says on every post you make what your gender is :wink:
Original post by thespontaneous1

If this applies to AQA I'm screwed. All my GCSE's bar 2 were taken with AQA :cry:
I'm dreading Maths. My future rests on it - I have to get an A!!!!

I did Edexcel iGCSE for anyone interested :smile:.
Original post by aasvogel
They put some amount of rubbish on the language exams! The best one is the Maths question which started: "Mrs.Gump gives her husband a box of chocolates..." :lol:

Whoo Lisburn! I was born there! Friends' School?

No I'm in Wallace. Which school do you go to?
(edited 10 years ago)
I took Edexcel GCSE Linear Maths, and have already guaranted myself a grade A. :excited:
Original post by zed963
I'm not sure, there are a few topics though.

Seems your school needs to be registered to offer it. :frown:
I'm a boy, and for the record it says on every post you make what your gender is :wink:

Well, this is awkard. And I now see the gender symbol-my bad:colondollar:.
What A-Levels are you taking again?(I'm quite forgetful-sorry)
Original post by aasvogel
Ahh sorry, only one I could think of there haha. I go to the Abbey CBS.

No problem, unlike a lot of Wallace students I don't have an inbuilt hatred of Friends. I haven't actually met anyone who goes to the Abbey CBS before so I don't know much about it.
Well, this is awkard. And I now see the gender symbol-my bad:colondollar:.
What A-Levels are you taking again?(I'm quite forgetful-sorry)

Chemistry, Human Biology, Mathematics, Fourth Still Undecided :/

I'm really racking my brains out over this. I might take Law to AS-Level this year, and then next year whilst I'm doing A2 take another subject to AS. The College I'm going to lets you do that.

I remember what you are taking, however :u:
Chemistry, Human Biology, Mathematics, Fourth Still Undecided :/

I'm really racking my brains out over this. I might take Law to AS-Level this year, and then next year whilst I'm doing A2 take another subject to AS. The College I'm going to lets you do that.

I remember what you are taking, however :u:

We have 3 subjects in common :five:
If you like the sound of Law, go for it
What subject would you be looking to do to AS in the second year though?

Smart ass- What subjects am I taking, without checking my previous posts?
I need an A* for science but I got a high B in coursework so have scuppered my chances and I nearly always scrape grades so I need high marks this has depressed me. I did maths last year got an A was going to do additional but hatd maths dropped it in jan/feb time. Who else or is it just me who dropped maths
We have 3 subjects in common :five:
If you like the sound of Law, go for it
What subject would you be looking to do to AS in the second year though?

Smart ass- What subjects am I taking, without checking my previous posts?

Law in the first year, in the second year maybe Physics or English Language and Literature, if I can convince myself. I'd take General Studies and Critical Thinking as a sixth AS as well, as they're meant to be easy - but the college won't let me.

You're taking Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths.
Original post by Aneesah_May
I need an A* for science but I got a high B in coursework so have scuppered my chances and I nearly always scrape grades so I need high marks this has depressed me. I did maths last year got an A was going to do additional but hatd maths dropped it in jan/feb time. Who else or is it just me who dropped maths

Don't give up all hope just yet!
Reply 4639
Original post by Jatz07
I'm only going to think about Results day starting from monday or tuesday...

Got a karate tournament tomorrow so training hard for that!

Jatz

good luck bro

Latest