The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Discussion thread

GCSE results day - Thursday 22 August 2013

Good luck to everyone as we approach the publication of GCSE results. This thread is here for you to discuss your thoughts about results with others in a similar position. Feel free to chat about any of your feelings, concerns or hopes with other members here

If you'd like to share your predictions for your results, as well as the actual grades that you achieve on the day, you can use the dedicated "Post your results" thread. Upon publication, the Grade boundaries thread will be used to share the details made available by exam boards. For anyone disappointed with their results, we have a thread with advice for those who haven't done as well as they hoped to help you to decide what to do next.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

GCSE RESULTS DAY 2013

Here, we can discuss results day - our excitement, nerves, predictions and overall grades on the day!

When is results day? Thursday 22nd August

I'm scared about my friends asking me what I got, what shall I do? Don't open your results in front of them. If you do, pull the :ninja: face

I didn't do as well as I thought, what shall I do? You have a couple of options here. First think about the subject, if it was a Maths/Science it is unlikely to be marked wrong (though it does happen). If it is an English/essay based, you may want to consider a remark. You also have the option of resitting.

"TSR and the real world is different. In the TSR world if you achieve anything less than 56 A*'s you are a failure."

Don't compare your grades with TSR users, please. Just don't.

Funny story:
Last year I went on holiday during results day. So I checked my Geography Edexcel result online at 6AM (America time) and read a big "F" - freaked out then went back to sleep. Didn't even tell my parents what it was. Came back to England, realised the "F" stood for "Female" and I actually got an A*

GCSE NO DISCUSSION THREAD: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2386104
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Definitely not looking forward to it, as would many others, but I'm interested to know what I got in my worst exams for some reason :') I haven't got any predictions in fear of being dissapointed when I read the results etc. so I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst :smile:

(I haven't finished my exams yet - still have the sciences left to finish as I'm doing triple :rolleyes:)
(edited 10 years ago)
I just want it to be over with. It's just the most terrifying experience ever, especially since we've put so much work into it. The fact that everyone's going to be asking everyone else what they got (when they're not actually interested, they just want an excuse to say "That's nice, I got 10A*s") just adds to the pressure. Also the results forms themselves can be cryptic and it's very easy to misread things under the pressure and get excited/upset about something that isn't actually there. It's nice that people are negging this for no reason.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm looking forward to it but wish it wasn't so far away. I understand that it takes ages to mark and check exams, I just wish it didn't. I have added pressure as results day is on my mum's birthday so if I do badly that'll put a damper on the day :P
Good luck everyone
Reply 6
Eurgh I'm going to have to hide my laughter when people get bad grades :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Chlorophile
I just want it to be over with. It's just the most terrifying experience ever, especially since we've put so much work into it. The fact that everyone's going to be asking everyone else what they got (when they're not actually interested, they just want an excuse to say "That's nice, I got 10A*s") just adds to the pressure. Also the results forms themselves can be cryptic and it's very easy to misread things under the pressure and get excited/upset about something that isn't actually there.

omg i know i hate it when people do that! i just don't ask them what they got, but for some peculiar reason they tell me anyway!! :tongue:
Original post by sr234
omg i know i hate it when people do that!! i just don't ask them what they got, but for some peculiar reason they tell me anyway!! :tongue:

On results day, I'm running in to collect them and running out before anyone can talk to me P:
Reply 9
I remember how last year I was so nervous about getting my Core Science results, and now I look back on it, I had no reason to be nervous as they didn't mean much. I'm still contemplating if I should open them at school, or go home and open them. Ugh, such a long wait.
Reply 10
Last year I didn't show up to collect my core science results as I was terrified and being the idiot that I am, I thought the school was open the entire day to collect the results so when I finally did get my results in september I opened them at school. Luckily they were ok, but thats cause I worked harder for those exams then I did for all the exams this month collectively :/ I don't want to open them at school in case I get really bad results and I'm like

And everyone else gets good grades and are all like

so yeah definitely opening them at home :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
definitely opening them at home. it's weird, i came home today after my final exam and i literally do not know what to do with myself. seems as if during when i was meant to be revising, procrastinating and stuff came easily but now i cannot seem to just relax!!! :confused:
Reply 12
Original post by emilyp97
definitely opening them at home. it's weird, i came home today after my final exam and i literally do not know what to do with myself. seems as if during when i was meant to be revising, procrastinating and stuff came easily but now i cannot seem to just relax!!! :confused:

I know just how you feel! Is this what freedom feels like? Ahh T.V. my good friend, it's been so long...
Whenever I've had to open results I literally rip that envelope open...after waiting 2 months for results, the minute I get my hands on the envelope I just need to know !! But then again I have little self control :colondollar:
Though when I do open them I just calmly walk away without showing much emotion; whether I've done well or not...
One exam left and this is the longest holidays we have but will be filled with dread. Btw are we going to recieve a letter about the times we need to come in prior to results day. Dont want to sound stupid but do ee wear uniform or what
Original post by Aneesah_May
One exam left and this is the longest holidays we have but will be filled with dread. Btw are we going to recieve a letter about the times we need to come in prior to results day. Dont want to sound stupid but do ee wear uniform or what

Your school will have the information available somewhere but I don't think they'd waste money on sending letters. If you still don't know the week before, ring the school or something. And I have no idea why you'd have to wear school uniform? It's holiday!
Reply 16
I'm going to open them as soon as I get them... face them sooner rather than later!
Reply 17
Original post by Aneesah_May

Yep, your school will probably give you details and what are they gonna do if you don't wear uniform? Come at me bro!
65 days to go! :eek:
Original post by laylarose
65 days to go! :eek:

64 If you don't count today seeing as it's almost over anyway :P

Latest