The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all the reapplicants. I got A*AA last year and now hold unconditionals for two med schools. If you get the results REAPPLY! Simple as that.:smile:
First of all congratulations to your son, excellent set of results there so he should hopefully get a few interviews lined up this year. However I advise to stay clear of leeds uni, it is ridiculously competitive compared to other med schools- leeds recieves 3500-4000 applicants a year which is far higher than average.
That time of the year again, medicine forum awards are up and running if you want to take part :smile:

Full details including a link to the survey can be found in the announcement here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=356&a=1325 :awesome:
Reply 863
Does anybody know if Birmingham still pay great emphasis to GCSEs is you have achieved required A levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 864
Original post by Rumschpringe
Hey everyone.

I had an offer to study at Barts but due to unfortunate circumstances I messed up my exams and ended up being way off the grades.
I'm resitting the year and re-applying to Liverpool, Lancaster, Exeter and MAYBE Barts again once I email them my situation....

Does anybody have advice about applying to Medicine as a resitter? I'm really nervous. But I'm feeling positive about getting the right grades this year as the personal stuff has gone now.

Head over to the medicine resit success stories. I added some info there and there are some current medics also helping out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Original post by paul.dirac121
Good luck to all the reapplicants. I got A*AA last year and now hold unconditionals for two med schools. If you get the results REAPPLY! Simple as that.:smile:

So what's your story? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
So what's your story? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Successful reaplicant. Holding two offers
Original post by jojo1995
I know someone in the exact same position, as far as I know they haven't replied to him yet either :frown: but I'm sure they will do soon. perhaps today ... fingers crossed!

Original post by 4thelulz
Hi guys. Sorry to disturb. Last Thursday I contacted KCL regarding places available for clearing for Medicine. They took down my details but have not contacted me back since. Do I still have a chance of obtaining a place? Kinda nervous since the lady told me they would contact me either on Thursday or Friday but its already Saturday. Do appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

My email said:

Thank you for your enquiry yesterday regarding a possible place at King’s College London. We have received an extremely large number of calls in the past 24 hours and as a result we have now managed to fill the relatively small number of places that were available. Unfortunately we are therefore unable to offer you a place on the Medical programme as this course is now full.
Original post by paul.dirac121
Successful reaplicant. Holding two offers

From what unis
Hey guys, which unis really favour that you have your a level results when applying?
So I got A*AAb for my A-levels, havent done my UKCAt yet tho

Does anyone know where my A-levels may give me an advantage??
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
So I got A*AAb for my A-levels, havent done my UKCAt yet tho

Does anyone know where my A-levels may give me an advantage??

Haha, I got the same results. Where are u applying?
Original post by cheesypuff
Haha, I got the same results. Where are u applying?

Dnt know yet, needa do my UKCAT first, but im thinking i'll rty Manchester again, and then the rest will depend on my UKCAT, got 670 last year, lol surely i wont do worse?
Dnt know yet, needa do my UKCAT first, but im thinking i'll rty Manchester again, and then the rest will depend on my UKCAT, got 670 last year, lol surely i wont do worse?

lol, if you dont mind me asking how did you prepare for the UKCAT?
With 670 i would think you would be a shoe in for offers??
lol, if you dont mind me asking how did you prepare for the UKCAT?
With 670 i would think you would be a shoe in for offers??

The 600 book mainly. well I had three interviews, but i messed them up i guess
The 600 book mainly. well I had three interviews, but i messed them up i guess

If u don't mind me asking where?
i had no interviews😢
If u don't mind me asking where?
i had no interviews

Manchester, leicester and st georges
Manchester, leicester and st georges

Could u please tell me how you got an interview at st George's and Manchester? I'll be willing to help you in anything. I really want to get an offer from Manchester and st George's.

inwould really appreciate any help and if u need any help from me tell me!
Could u please tell me how you got an interview at st George's and Manchester? I'll be willing to help you in anything. I really want to get an offer from Manchester and st George's.

inwould really appreciate any help and if u need any help from me tell me!

lol wat dyu mean? I applied and they gave me an interview? I mustve met their academic and ukcat requirements, dw i didnt have to sleep with anyone of beat anyone up
lol wat dyu mean? I applied and they gave me an interview? I mustve met their academic and ukcat requirements, dw i didnt have to sleep with anyone of beat anyone up

What that's not what I meant!!i heard that those are 2 competitive unis and there's like 8-9 people per 1 place. I was just amazed you got offers from both of them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending