The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meadhbh 3
Am i the only one whose waiting for most of their results for CCEA?

5 of my subjects are with CCEA :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snikutsmullac
Law in the first year, in the second year maybe Physics or English Language and Literature, if I can convince myself. I'd take General Studies and Critical Thinking as a sixth AS as well, as they're meant to be easy - but the college won't let me.

You're taking Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths.

Doesn't your college do enrichment courses?
And I thought you disliked both English + Physics-why the need for 2 AS's?

I thought we were well on the way to being freinds. How could you get my A-Level choices wrong? :cry: I'm hoping to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths, History + English Lit
Physics-NEVER
Original post by Aneesah_May
I need an A* for science but I got a high B in coursework so have scuppered my chances and I nearly always scrape grades so I need high marks this has depressed me. I did maths last year got an A was going to do additional but hatd maths dropped it in jan/feb time. Who else or is it just me who dropped maths

I dropped statistics back in February because it was sooo dull (and not to mention fairly pointless). I already had got my A* in maths anyway so there was no point in doing stats as well.
Original post by EvasiveRose
Doesn't your college do enrichment courses?
And I thought you disliked both English + Physics-why the need for 2 AS's?

I thought we were well on the way to being freinds. How could you get my A-Level choices wrong? :cry: I'm hoping to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths, History + English Lit
Physics-NEVER

In fairness, I don't actually remember you telling me what subjects you were doing, I just recalled the subjects I remember overhearing somebody was doing and assuming it was you.

I don't blame you for Physics, but it's a science and as much as I dislike it science is my strongest area.

Five AS-Levels in one go! Good luck.

And we are friends, I'll make it up to you. With frozen yoghurt.
Original post by Bloxorus
If anyone is really worried about not getting x no. of A* grades it really doesn't matter if you don't.

I got my GCSE results last year and I got 1A* 5As 5Bs and a C when I was expecting nearly all A/A* and I knew I could achieve it so I was pretty upset. So this year I pulled my finger out and actually got some work done and on Thursday I got my AS results which was 5As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and General Studies. My UMS average was so much higher than I was expecting that I am now looking into applying to Cambridge for Economics.

So if any of you don't do as well as you were expecting next week, all is not lost!!!

Wow congratulations !! It's nice to hear a nice message like this I hope you continue to have success in a2

Posted from TSR Mobile
In fairness, I don't actually remember you telling me what subjects you were doing, I just recalled the subjects I remember overhearing somebody was doing and assuming it was you.

I don't blame you for Physics, but it's a science and as much as I dislike it science is my strongest area.

Five AS-Levels in one go! Good luck.

And we are friends, I'll make it up to you. With frozen yoghurt.

I was being melodramatic:colone:. I have a thing for English Lit
If Science is your strongest area, I'd say take Physics as your second AS in the second year- atleast your partially guaranteed a good grade as your strength lies in it

I'm not sure whether I'm doing 5 or 4 (lots of pressure from my parents regarding my choices= me being stressed)

:yay: Before I post a party emoticon am I in your top 10 favourite friends list? :eyebrow:

And frozen yoghurt. Interesting. I've never had any. The more interesting thing is thinking how you're going to send it to me...
I was being melodramatic:colone:. I have a thing for English Lit
If Science is your strongest area, I'd say take Physics as your second AS in the second year- atleast your partially guaranteed a good grade as your strength lies in it

I'm not sure whether I'm doing 5 or 4 (lots of pressure from my parents regarding my choices= me being stressed)

:yay: Before I post a party emoticon am I in your top 10 favourite friends list? :eyebrow:

And frozen yoghurt. Interesting. I've never had any. The more interesting thing is thinking how you're going to send it to me...

Feel sorry for you, pressure from parents is terrible. I don't get any, all I get is "try your best" and then they forget about it. You are my ONLY friend on here; you are the first person I have added. What an honour you have recieved.

As for the frozen yoghurt, it might have melted before it reaaches you but hey, frozen yoghurt :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4647
I remember last year when i was waiting for my GCSE results :P i was terrified!
Good luck everyone!
Original post by aasvogel
Haha, I know Friends' isn't too popular at Banbridge Academy so I've friends there who wouldn't be fond of them. Yeah we're only really a Gaelic Football school, don't even know if we have a rugby team!

Cool, we don't have Gaelic football but rugby's quite big at Wallace.
Feel sorry for you, pressure from parents is terrible. I don't get any, all I get is "try your best" and then they forget about it. You are my ONLY friend on here; you are the first person I have added. What an honour you have recieved.

As for the frozen yoghurt, it might have melted before it reaaches you but hey, frozen yoghurt :biggrin:

So you do have more friends... :smile:
My parents have always dictated what I do. From my GCSE's to my A-Levels to what degree I do. You're lucky that your parents don't fuss about your results and highlight your failures infront of everyone

I was looking so forward to my frozen yoghurt:angry:
Original post by mascot of NI
Cool, we don't have Gaelic football but rugby's quite big at Wallace.

Yeah I recognise the name from schools' rugby finals and that sort of stuff. What subject results are you waiting on?
My parents have always dictated what I do. From my GCSE's to my A-Levels to what degree I do. You're lucky that your parents don't fuss about your results and highlight your failures infront of everyone

Wait, so are your parents deciding your A Levels (any basically your degree choice) for you? :eek:
Omg i can't wait no longer i need my results noooow!!!!!!!! :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by ThatPerson
Wait, so are your parents deciding your A Levels (any basically your degree choice) for you? :eek:

You seem shocked. They act like they're not but when I wanted to change my A-Levels, I get a look which meant 'that's not happening as long as you live here'. Plus with my degree choices they say I have the freedom to choose but I know my choices are limited
You seem shocked. They act like they're not but when I wanted to change my A-Levels, I get a look which meant 'that's not happening as long as you live here'. Plus with my degree choices they say I have the freedom to choose but I know my choices are limited

I am a bit shocked tbh :tongue:

I mean my parents were pretty happy no matter what A Levels/GCSEs I picked.

Can you still do the degree you want to do with the A Levels your parents have chosen?

They probably only do it out of caring and wanting you to do well, even if it does seem controlling. But if you're not comfortable with it, say no! You can still have the frozen yoghurt, just re-freeze it!
Reply 4656

That sucks :frown: Hope it goes well for you
Really ****ting it for results. I need an A in Maths to get into my Further Maths class. How did anyone else that took the AQA Linear paper feel about it?
Original post by ThatPerson
I am a bit shocked tbh :tongue:

I mean my parents were pretty happy no matter what A Levels/GCSEs I picked.

Can you still do the degree you want to do with the A Levels your parents have chosen?

Well, I wanted to do neuroscience or law. But I was told it wasn't to their expectations. They want me to do Medicine and become a GP or something. Even though I've stated I'm more interested in becoming a Brain Surgeon
Well, I wanted to do neuroscience or law. But I was told it wasn't to their expectations. They want me to do Medicine and become a GP or something. Even though I've stated I'm more interested in becoming a Brain Surgeon

**** them, do what you want it's your career.

Latest