The Student Room Group

Omg omg im so late

:eek: pls help I just payed for my UCAS now and its been sent to my college to get a reference but it is summer time, who is going to do it now!?!? I know Im super late but what can I do now?

Thats what UCAS says to me:
Your application has been sent to your school or college. They will check and approve your application, write and approve their reference, and send the completed application to us. We will then process the application and send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. The current status of your application is:

Your application has not yet been approved by your referee/coordinator.
04-10-2012 (11:31) Your reference is in progress.

Super depressed......:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Perhaps you should have done it earlier?
Reply 2
Original post by dvilia
:eek: pls help I just payed for my UCAS now and its been sent to my college to get a reference but it is summer time, who is going to do it now!?!? I know Im super late but what can I do now?

Your application has been sent to your school or college. They will check and approve your application, write and approve their reference, and send the completed application to us. We will then process the application and send you a welcome letter and a booklet in the post; they will explain what happens next. The current status of your application is:

Your school leadership team and head of sixth will certainly be in next Thurs and may well be in next Wed but not necessarily before

I rarely even glance at my school email during the break

Call or go in on Monday then Wednesday
Original post by dvilia

Most schools and colleges write references for everybody just in case. This may be the situation, in which case it is a simple administrative matter to add it to the form, but it will be the job of a head of sixth or similar to actually do that. Most of them will be in school dealing with the fall out from Thursday, but there is no guarantee of that. I'm sure you know you've done yourself no favours by leaving it this late. Can you go into college on Monday? If you are not applying for anything especially competitive, be aware that clearing does go on until October, so there is still potentially quite a lot of time.
Reply 4
Original post by TenOfThem
Your school leadership team and head of sixth will certainly be in next Thurs and may well be in next Wed but not necessarily before

Good good but what does that mean? school leadership? what do they have to do with my reference ? Is it my personal tutor who has to write it? or not?

Dang it, I'm such a slow typist that you always get there first! I too only look at my email on the two results days.
Reply 6
Original post by dvilia
Good good but what does that mean? school leadership? what do they have to do with my reference ? Is it my personal tutor who has to write it? or not?

The head and deputies will be in, probably your head of sixth

Someone who will either be able to process your reference and/or be able to call the relevant person
Reply 7
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Dang it, I'm such a slow typist that you always get there first! I too only look at my email on the two results days.

But you always offer something extra :smile:
Original post by dvilia

Usually all your teachers will have an input and it is co-ordinated by your tutor. If this has not been done already, that will be a problem. The school leadership team means the deputies, head of sixth and the head. Only certain staff have access to the Ucas system and it'll be them.
But you always offer something extra :smile:

No, usually just wordier versions of what you've said already.
Reply 10
Ok so monday ill be marching to my college and getting the reference there. Thanks for your support guys.
Reply 11
How come you left it so late, out of interest?
Reply 12
Original post by sorae
How come you left it so late, out of interest?

I was partying 24/7 non stop, for like 3 months, drugs, alcohol, prostitutes... too much...
Original post by dvilia
I was partying 24/7 non stop, for like 3 months, drugs, alcohol, prostitutes... too much...

Let's hope this isn't mentioned on your reference then....
If this post is indicative of your organisation skills... you're going to have a bad time at uni. But at least you know how to party :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Tyco Lunacy
If this post is indicative of your organisation skills... you're going to have a bad time at uni.

Its not about my skills, im young and free. I am 19 years old and every young person deserves to party for atleast some time in their life. I understand than many young people dont do that but thats their way of life...

Im done with partying im ready to learn and study. I feel it.
email your head of UCAS of your school or college or the teacher you want a reference from and tell them it's urgent, I did that last year and it got sent off on time....
Reply 17
Original post by Demon Llama
email your head of UCAS of your school or college or the teacher you want a reference from and tell them it's urgent, I did that last year and it got sent off on time....

I emailed him before about a different matter but he didnt reply his a bit of a waste man, always causing trouble.
Original post by dvilia
I emailed him before about a different matter but he didnt reply his a bit of a waste man, always causing trouble.

is there anybody else you could ask? like a form tutor or a subject teacher?
Reply 19
Original post by Demon Llama
is there anybody else you could ask? like a form tutor or a subject teacher?

Yes a will email every teacher i know right now, very good idea thanks thanks thanks

(sounds like sarcasm I swear its not)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending