The Student Room Group

A-level Predictions

My AS results were a low A in Maths, a middle B in Physics, a middle D in Geography and a high U in Chemistry. I'm dropping chemistry. What are my likely predictions at best and at worst? I work hard in lessons and out of lessons.
Reply 1
The way my school do predicted grades are they increase AS levels by 1 grade therefore in your case they would be AAC (My school never predict A*'s!) - hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ZoeToone95
The way my school do predicted grades are they increase AS levels by 1 grade therefore in your case they would be AAC (My school never predict A*'s!) - hope this helps! :smile:

Why do they increase by 1 grade if A2's are meant to be harder?
Reply 3
I can't give a 100% sure answer but as it's 50% of the course a lot of people find they improve more in A2 as they are more used to the way A levels work and the amount of work they need to put in! Not all schools work it that way and it's not always correct as the entire process is very individual - best thing to do is speak to your teachers! :smile:
Reply 4
I would think your predicted grades could range from AAB- ABC.
It depends how you work in class in the first month back! Your teachers will probably have a mini test on a mini unit and will see how your class work is like and then decide! Don't worry you still did well. If your predictions aren't high don't worry. Do well and then you can always apply for adjustment if you do better than your predicted grades :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Wizkidani
I would think your predicted grades could range from AAB- ABC.
It depends how you work in class in the first month back! Your teachers will probably have a mini test on a mini unit and will see how your class work is like and then decide! Don't worry you still did well. If your predictions aren't high don't worry. Do well and then you can always apply for adjustment if you do better than your predicted grades :smile:

Thanks and that is always and option

Quick Reply

Latest