The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What grades did you get in on?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
Very nice, I shall see you in the lectures then and freshers too :biggrin: And that's quite unfortunate about being so close but congratulations on doing so well in the first year, I didn't have the best results for my first year but I was hoping to go to the top grade for all 3 subjects however that just wasn't the case :redface: Are you doing anything to prepare for the course? Also which halls will you be living in too? sorry about the numerous questions its just nice to meet another Maths applicant :tongue:

Yeah, sure will :smile: ahh I see.. Well I haven't done anything so far, and I'm not really sure what I would do to be honest, I guess I should probably look a bit more into it. How about you? I'm in bgp, yourself?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by lazershus
same, i was like definitely either my insurance or clearing! i'm doing chemical engineering, how about you? :biggrin:

great choice, i'm doing chemical engineering as well! so glad i'm in, you excited?
Reply 62
I was offered AAB with an A in History.

I got BBB, but I was one mark off an A in History ! :frown: But they let me in so I am not too fussed, just happy :smile:.
Reply 63
Was accepted for International Relations with a offer of DDD, achieved D*D*D in my Business BTEC.
I need BBC, but I got BCD. Haven't found out if I am in or not, my course is in clearing so there are spaces available. What do you guys think?
Original post by jessiekatieglen
Yeah, sure will :smile: ahh I see.. Well I haven't done anything so far, and I'm not really sure what I would do to be honest, I guess I should probably look a bit more into it. How about you? I'm in bgp, yourself?

Do you know what societies you're planning on joining while at university? And that's fair enough, I've bought the bridging the gap to university mathematics which I remember them talking about and also have the textbooks to learn M3 and FP3 too so after the book I'll probably learn them if I have enough time left and considering Nottingham was my insurance I could only just apply for accommodation a few days ago which I did and I put broad gate park as my first choice because I would really like to be self catered if I can help it. :smile: There's only 5 more weeks to go and so much to do :redface:
Original post by jethacan
great choice, i'm doing chemical engineering as well! so glad i'm in, you excited?

oh great so we'll be on the same course, same lectures! :P yes so excited but also stressing out a bit, i didn't do physics at a level and i heard there's quite a bit of it so i kind of feel like i need to teach myself a bit of A level physics, although they apparently get us all up to speed in the first year.
oh great so we'll be on the same course, same lectures! :P yes so excited but also stressing out a bit, i didn't do physics at a level and i heard there's quite a bit of it so i kind of feel like i need to teach myself a bit of A level physics, although they apparently get us all up to speed in the first year.

I'm doing Chem Eng as well! What accommodation are you two staying in? :biggrin:
Original post by Seb Hudson
I'm doing Chem Eng as well! What accommodation are you two staying in? :biggrin:

woooh yay! i'm staying at broadgate park, all for the self-catered and ensuite! are you going catered or what? :smile:
Reply 69

yes we will :biggrin: yeah you're right you'll be fine that's what first year is for!

Original post by Seb Hudson

yes i remember you! we had the same firm and insurance choices :P broadgate park, what about you?
Do you know what societies you're planning on joining while at university? And that's fair enough, I've bought the bridging the gap to university mathematics which I remember them talking about and also have the textbooks to learn M3 and FP3 too so after the book I'll probably learn them if I have enough time left and considering Nottingham was my insurance I could only just apply for accommodation a few days ago which I did and I put broad gate park as my first choice because I would really like to be self catered if I can help it. :smile: There's only 5 more weeks to go and so much to do :redface:

To be honest I haven't even thought about it, definitely MathSoc and probably something political and something to do with films or music but I'm not really sure. How about you?
I bought that book too, when they mentioned it at the open day but completely forgot... Thanks for reminding me! I would teach myself another module but I'm pretty much working full time up until about the 18th of September so I don't think that's gonna happen. Ahh fair enough, bgp was definitely my favourite of the self catered :smile:
woooh yay! i'm staying at broadgate park, all for the self-catered and ensuite! are you going catered or what? :smile:

Wow, I'm exactly the same! I know some uni's try to put you in accommodation with at least one person off your course so if Nottingham do that, chances are we might be living together as I haven't found any other Chem Eng students in Ensuite at BGP!
Reply 72
I was offered A*AB (A* in Maths) or AAB (A in Further Maths) to study G104 Mathematics (International Study) BSc.

I got in with AAA in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.
Original post by jessiekatieglen
To be honest I haven't even thought about it, definitely MathSoc and probably something political and something to do with films or music but I'm not really sure. How about you?
I bought that book too, when they mentioned it at the open day but completely forgot... Thanks for reminding me! I would teach myself another module but I'm pretty much working full time up until about the 18th of September so I don't think that's gonna happen. Ahh fair enough, bgp was definitely my favourite of the self catered :smile:

Fair enough, I'd probably join MathSoc too along with a few others but I'm not too sure what they might be right now and its alright, the book isn't too bad but the majority of the stuff I've already been taught about so its just taking another approach to it really and I'm also in the same situation but I'm trying to find the time anyway. I really do hope I get into Broadgate Park as it looks ideal for me really. :smile:
Original post by LeeMrLee
I was offered A*AB (A* in Maths) or AAB (A in Further Maths) to study G104 Mathematics (International Study) BSc.

I got in with AAA in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

I'll be seeing you on the course then as I applied for G103 and got in with A*AB3 :smile:
I literally don't know anyone at my sixth form who got the grades they needed!
(Apart from me... AWKWARD)
Reply 76
I'll be seeing you on the course then as I applied for G103 and got in with A*AB3 :smile:

yay TSR maths buddy :biggrin: nice one, do you know where you're staying and stuff yet?
Reply 77
Original post by awkwardusername
I literally don't know anyone at my sixth form who got the grades they needed!
(Apart from me... AWKWARD)

Well yeah on results day I ran up to my friend who firmed notts as well like I GOT IN!! and she was like I didn't :cry2: So now I know literally no freshers apart from my ex boyfriends friends who I will be using major avoidance tactics on if I ever see them. :colondollar:
Original post by LeeMrLee
yay TSR maths buddy :biggrin: nice one, do you know where you're staying and stuff yet?

There are quite a few people on TSR who will be doing Maths at Nottingham too so maybe we could all meet up during freshers? :biggrin: And not at all yet but I'm hoping I get my first preference of Broadgate Park or Raleigh park if I'm lucky enough as I want to have self catered if I can help it.
Original post by ladynova
Well yeah on results day I ran up to my friend who firmed notts as well like I GOT IN!! and she was like I didn't :cry2: So now I know literally no freshers apart from my ex boyfriends friends who I will be using major avoidance tactics on if I ever see them. :colondollar:

Oh god awkward! Just dye your hair and deny its you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending