The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

0% unless he gets 85+ first serves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Berdych becoming a mental midget again! He was playing so well up until 5-5 (1st set), and has gifted Nadal a break of serve from nowhere.
Berdych does not seem to have to have the mental resolve to beat the Big 4 back to back especially Nadal anymore. Credit to Isner for winning but really the Del Potro DF was just so sad to watch and I think Del Potro would have a fairly good shot of winning against Nadal, I would give Isner a small chance at most. Seems like nothing can stop Nadal from the tournament win
Also this just popped into my head, where the hell is Top Hat?
Seemed to be really active till just before Wimbledon...?
Original post by usamakhanlodhi

No clue what's happened to him :tongue:
Original post by usamakhanlodhi

It was really strange that he didn't post during Wimbledon considering that Murray won the whole thing and Federer went out early. I thought he would have been all over that.

NattyB stopped posting around about the same time too.:holmes:.
Reply 7586
Berdych isn't gonna beat his idol, now is he?
Berdych has broken, but knowing him he'll gift it back at some point...

EDIT: And, right on queue!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7588
Berdych has been wearing this same boring white shirt forever now. It's perhaps time to try out different colours Tomas.
This has been a high quality match throughout. This is the toughest match Berdych has given Rafa in years. Rafa's forehand in particular has been absolutely devastating today, so many winners.
Original post by Sirocco11
This has been a high quality match throughout. This is the toughest match Berdych has given Rafa in years. Rafa's forehand in particular has been absolutely devastating today, so many winners.

Their best one since AO 2012. It was clear after Djokovic exited that Rafa's "hardest" match would be against Federer. He always plays well against Berdych and has an enormous win-streak against him, and Isner should not be a threat in the final.
Good effort by Berdych. Rafa just take care of your first few matches nice and quickly in New York because boy have you got a good chance with nobody else in great rhythm!
Reply 7592
Well, Rafa just keeps going. I guess lucky to only meet Novak once in this run and have "easy" finals but hes been winning the matches that he is supposed to.
Rafa should surely win it now, producing some potential interesting semis at the US Open, Novak vs Andy or Rafa vs Andy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7593
Isner took Nadal to 5 sets at FO in 2011, so on this quicker courts, he would fancy his chances.

On the side note, I'm happy that Nadal is in another final, which means that at the US Open, he may be a bit burnt out. He can win as many masters as long as he doesn't get the slam record.
Great effort from Berdych. Rafa was just way too good at the important times today though.

You've got to think, if Rafa wins this Masters, equals Djokovic's record of Masters in a season and goes on to win the US it's got to have been one of the all time great seasons.
Reply 7595
Original post by Sirocco11
Great effort from Berdych. Rafa was just way too good at the important times today though.

You've got to think, if Rafa wins this Masters, equals Djokovic's record of Masters in a season and goes on to win the US it's got to have been one of the all time great seasons.

Indeed, the only bad points are the first round at Wimbledon and not playing Australia. But his record this year has just been phenomenal. Unreal.
Original post by Ashnard
It was really strange that he didn't post during Wimbledon considering that Murray won the whole thing and Federer went out early. I thought he would have been all over that.

NattyB stopped posting around about the same time too.:holmes:.

yes I was sure that he would be pretty pleased as before Wimbledon he was saying that Murray was the favorite and everything

Yes now thinking about it, they did disappear off the thread around the same time :curious:
Li Na really had a perfect opportunity to take the set against a rattled Serena and threw it away with a double fault Del Potro style:frown:
Original post by Prendah
Indeed, the only bad points are the first round at Wimbledon and not playing Australia. But his record this year has just been phenomenal. Unreal.

Yeah true, the first round Wimbledon loss was a particularly bad blemish, but aside from that he has been simply astonishing this season. 9 titles would take him close to his career best tournament haul, which stands at 11 I think. And those titles weren't mostly Masters either.
Reply 7599
Man, Isner's backhand is even worse than Federer's one handed backhand.

Latest