The Student Room Group

Boyfriend gone travelling for 2weeks

So my boyfriend has gone travelling with a couple of his friends for 2 weeks and left me at home in our flat. We live an hour away from my family and I don't really have anyone around here. His friends have girlfriends but they don't treat it important or seriously. They have been out there a week and my boyfriend at least updates me with at least 1text a day just to let me know how he is and where they all are. His friends haven't even bothered texting their girlfriends once throughout the whole trip. My boyfriend has text the one to let her know they are ok. My concern is that I don't trust his friends at all. They act like they are single all the time and when my boyfriend told me they were spending 3 days in Amsterdam I started to worry about the trip. I trust my boyfriend with all my heart but I don't trust his friends and what they will get up to with him. I also hate the fact I have been left on my own throughout all of this. After a week it's finally getting to me. I'm fed up of eating on my own etc. I feel like he hasn't cared much or thought about me when he was planning this. He has told me he is having enough of it all. But is he just saying that? Living on your own with no family around is difficult. Especially when the person I live with leaves for 2 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I don't know why you're making other peoples relationships your problem. You should have perhaps mentioned all of this to him before he left but I assume you and him are young and it should be fine for him to want to go travelling. He'll be back in a week and if you trust him you should have nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Obviously you don't like being away from your partner but simply you cannot spend all your time together, he is entitled to have his own hobbies and friends so he can have his "me" time. If you were to spend all your time together you'd simply drive each other insane and drift further apart.

From the sound of the post you seem to not have much of a personal life away from your boyfriend which could why you are bored so quickly, you should be able to keep yourself interested enough with a couple of weeks apart. Now I'm not saying you can't miss him cause thats only natural but you should try and develop a part to your life separate from him. Go out and do a hobby with some friends? If you don't have many friends in the area, try exploring something your interested in with a local group and make friends that way!

But don't worry about his friends, if you truly do trust him, you will trust him to do the right thing despite any possible bad influences of his friends. If you don't trust him enough for that... tell him and see what assurances he can give you... the key to a great relationship is communication.

Hope I helped :smile:
I have a couple of friends around here and I have seen a lot of them and iv been working a lot. It's when I get home and I'm on my own. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him seeing his friends. They are lovely. I worry about his friends because of how they are. I'm not making their relationships my problem. I'm concerned for the effect they will have on my boyfriend. I know his a good boyfriend and honest. All of his friends girlfriends tell me so often because he is opposite to his friends.

You did really help thank you :smile: I'm been silly and iv gone a week and one more will not hurt. I just worry and it's nice to see what other people have to say. My friends are concerned I didn't go with him and that he decided to leave for 2 weeks. It's a lads holiday and I want him to enjoy. I just miss him.
Original post by Foo.mp3
My ex had friends like this..

..hence she is now an ex :rolleyes:

Oh well thanks!!!

I don't want you opinion on being an ex!! That's what friends think. Not me!! They have out the thought into my head and it plays around. I don't want to go travelling. I'm glad he has gone!!
Like I said... I don't care he has gone without me. I don't want to do that. Yeah I think about it because I wonder if HE has thought about it.
I am a girl and my other half is in the UK while I am backpacking for 3 weeks, I text him almost everyday and while guys have tried it on nothing has happened. have a bit more faith, there are places worse than Amsterdam x

Posted fromSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
My ex had friends like this..

..hence she is now an ex :rolleyes:

Yeah, me and my girlfriend just went travelling and she left in Amsterdam, her friends were saying "wow, you left him alone in Amsterdam!?". Girl's friends can be a bloody nightmare.
Reply 8
Lol, when guys want a trip together, away from the girls, they're 'inconsiderate, up to something and unfair'. When girls want time together, away from the guys, the guys are called 'controlling' lol...
Original post by Mankytoes
Yeah, me and my girlfriend just went travelling and she left in Amsterdam, her friends were saying "wow, you left him alone in Amsterdam!?". Girl's friends can be a bloody nightmare.

Not just girl's friends! :tongue: my boyfriend's going travelling for 3 weeks soon and my friend's boyfriend was saying to me how surprised he was that I trusted him to and was willing to let him (as if I'd ever try and stop it?!). Apparently he thought we'd break up just because he was going travelling.
Original post by Liivayyyyy
So my boyfriend has gone travelling with a couple of his friends for 2 weeks and left me at home in our flat. We live an hour away from my family and I don't really have anyone around here. His friends have girlfriends but they don't treat it important or seriously. They have been out there a week and my boyfriend at least updates me with at least 1text a day just to let me know how he is and where they all are. His friends haven't even bothered texting their girlfriends once throughout the whole trip. My boyfriend has text the one to let her know they are ok. My concern is that I don't trust his friends at all. They act like they are single all the time and when my boyfriend told me they were spending 3 days in Amsterdam I started to worry about the trip. I trust my boyfriend with all my heart but I don't trust his friends and what they will get up to with him. I also hate the fact I have been left on my own throughout all of this. After a week it's finally getting to me. I'm fed up of eating on my own etc. I feel like he hasn't cared much or thought about me when he was planning this. He has told me he is having enough of it all. But is he just saying that? Living on your own with no family around is difficult. Especially when the person I live with leaves for 2 weeks. Posted from TSR Mobile
He's probably balls deep in some fit dutch girl right now, but its fine I bet he is thinking of you.
Reply 11
He has gone away for 14 days, with some mates, living his young life. Sorry to be blunt but if you can't handle 14 days on your own and are already moaning and blaming him for leaving you alone then you're a really unsupportive girlfriend. I'd love a couple weeks without the guy I lived with to have some girlfriends round for girl nights and go on nights out with them without having to worry about someone else.

You should also trust him to, when it comes down to it, not actually ultimately give in if his friends encourage him to do something stupid or cheat. If he did give in, you can't even blame his friends. It would be his fault.

You say you're glad he has gone? So let it go... he will be back in days. Just chill out and let him enjoy his girlfriend-free couple weeks.
Original post by Liivayyyyy
So my boyfriend has gone travelling with a couple of his friends for 2 weeks and left me at home in our flat. We live an hour away from my family and I don't really have anyone around here. His friends have girlfriends but they don't treat it important or seriously. They have been out there a week and my boyfriend at least updates me with at least 1text a day just to let me know how he is and where they all are. His friends haven't even bothered texting their girlfriends once throughout the whole trip. My boyfriend has text the one to let her know they are ok. My concern is that I don't trust his friends at all. They act like they are single all the time and when my boyfriend told me they were spending 3 days in Amsterdam I started to worry about the trip. I trust my boyfriend with all my heart but I don't trust his friends and what they will get up to with him. I also hate the fact I have been left on my own throughout all of this. After a week it's finally getting to me. I'm fed up of eating on my own etc. I feel like he hasn't cared much or thought about me when he was planning this. He has told me he is having enough of it all. But is he just saying that? Living on your own with no family around is difficult. Especially when the person I live with leaves for 2 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is really tough especially if you're used to living with him and seeing him all the time. It's tough cooking for one eating alone lying in bed alone etc. my bf who I live with was away for 3 days for work and I missed him so badly. Obviously you would think about what he's up to coz you miss him and think about him and its normal to worry but tbh he sounds like he's a good guy and trustworthy so I would really try to put your worries out of your mind and try to keep busy and have fun with your friends until he gets back. Make sure you tell him how much you miss him but don't make him feel bad for leaving you he deserves a bit of fun. The fact you miss each other will make your relationship even better when he does get back absence makes the heart grow fonder etc. so cheer up and stop worrying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by professortobe
It is really tough especially if you're used to living with him and seeing him all the time. It's tough cooking for one eating alone lying in bed alone etc. my bf who I live with was away for 3 days for work and I missed him so badly. Obviously you would think about what he's up to coz you miss him and think about him and its normal to worry but tbh he sounds like he's a good guy and trustworthy so I would really try to put your worries out of your mind and try to keep busy and have fun with your friends until he gets back. Make sure you tell him how much you miss him but don't make him feel bad for leaving you he deserves a bit of fun. The fact you miss each other will make your relationship even better when he does get back absence makes the heart grow fonder etc. so cheer up and stop worrying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Someone actually understands what I'm going on about!!! I trust him and I'm glad he has gone and living his life. Having a great time with his friends. I just miss him. You are all not understanding and just assume I'm a controlling girlfriend etc. you are all obviously too young or immature to be living with someone and to have a serious relationship. He has been texting me saying he misses me like crazy and they are all even trying to get home a day earlier!! Maybe I should find a different blog where people are older and more understanding about these situations. For example. My mom has said the exact same to what I said. She wasn't happy about him leaving for 2 weeks etc. so have older people at my work place.

Thank you for your opinions but this last response hasn't made me feel like a controlling obsessed ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My boyfriend is off to Thailand this Saturday for 2 weeks, I don't want him to go from my own selfish point of view because ill miss him and yes id rather it was me going with him. But at the same time when he made me his girlfriend he didn't sign a contract saying he cant have friends or go on holiday with them. My boyfriends friends are all single and do go out party/drink pull girls. I know while hes away ill most likely have a wobble but that's only because ill miss him. You have to trust your boyfriend its good for him to go away and be with his friends without the girlfriends if you start kicking up a fuss you become the clingy controlling girlfriend I know exactly how you feel but you just have to accept it and try to keep yourself busy and not worry to much. Your panicking more and more each day so having more irrational thoughts the fact hes texting you shows he is thinking about you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending