The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BLTontour
What time can we get results from? And how do we get them online?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on your school as to what time you can get them, so ask them if possible. If your school has registered with Edexcel ResulsPlus and given you a username/password, you can get your Edexcel results online via resultplus from 6am. :smile:

Original post by SuperMonkey69
Anyone know when the grade boundaries are usually released? A few days after results day?

There's no set time for them, but probably a day before results day. :smile:
I'm sure you'll get at least 1 A*, if not maybe an A in all 4.

There were some January results I was shocked with and some I was rather unhappy with, such as a C in History(worst result ever).

I've been looking through the past few papers and the grade boundaries for those are quite low(about 115/175 for an A) and the exam I sat was on par, if not harder....

I expect mainly A's and B's from the rest, although I hope for an A* in Maths if the boundaries are lowered....

I was quite happy with my Jan exams-won't post them here though:colondollar:
I do think the Maths boundaries will be lowered but I'm not sure to what extent. Although, I will be shocked if they're increased.
I believe for the Jan 2013 exam an A* was 168 and an A was 135ish-although that paper was quite easy
The Nov 2012 paper was a tricky thing; 120 for an A and I think 158ish for an A*
Hopefully you'll get the grade you want and if not then the grade you deserve. Good luck for results day and feel free to let me know how you got on
Thanks for the help guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EvasiveRose
I was quite happy with my Jan exams-won't post them here though:colondollar:
I do think the Maths boundaries will be lowered but I'm not sure to what extent. Although, I will be shocked if they're increased.
I believe for the Jan 2013 exam an A* was 168 and an A was 135ish-although that paper was quite easy
The Nov 2012 paper was a tricky thing; 120 for an A and I think 158ish for an A*
Hopefully you'll get the grade you want and if not then the grade you deserve. Good luck for results day and feel free to let me know how you got on

Which exam board are you on for Maths? I'm on the AQA linear course, you must be on Edexcel?
Which exam board are you on for Maths? I'm on the AQA linear course, you must be on Edexcel?

Oh! Sorry! I just assumed you'd be on the Edexcel course. Although, I did once see a past AQA paper and thought it was nasty (may be because I'm accustomed to Edexcel's layout :tongue:). What do you make of the AQA course?
Hi ;3 I'm also waiting for my exam results (and I'm very nervous!) I'm just curious as to what everyone thought of the Edexcel triple science exams? B3, C3 and P3 and also the Geography AQA exam which I found extremely easy! But maybe a bit too easy?! Who knows.... Anyway, back to triple science! I found B3 easy (dare I say that) but P3 and C3 were extremely challenging ;(

King regards,
Ben
I finally started thinking about its approach now and getting nervous haha :tongue: did anyone get their add maths results on Thursday? And good luck everyone for Thursday :smile:
Oh! Sorry! I just assumed you'd be on the Edexcel course. Although, I did once see a past AQA paper and thought it was nasty (may be because I'm accustomed to Edexcel's layout :tongue:). What do you make of the AQA course?

Well, I was originally on the Modular course, however I messed up the exam in January 2012(Only got a B) and a majority of the class fail anyway. The papers are quite weird, the first 2/3rds of the paper is usually fairly easy then BAM they hit you with 3 or 4 tough 6 markers. The school hardly helped my case for an A*/A by waiting until the last minute to sit the exam rather than let us have a pop in January/November and allowing us to re-sit if needed.
As it's only 5 (technically 4) days away now... how's everybody feeling?
I'm feeling nervous/excited :smile:
Good luck guys. I'm feeling extremely nervous and hope I get what I want.

I wanted to know that if you get average GCSE results but get exceptional/amazing As/A level results. Is there hope for a place in one of the top Unis. Considering I want to do economics or engineering related degree.
Those are great grades. How would you say you found the workload?

I honestly didn't find it too bad...but maybe I'm just odd! Just make use of all free periods and use time out of school wisely and you will cope fine :smile:

Original post by techno836
Aww wow :smile: how are you finding chemistry and what was your maths UMS if you don't mind asking :colondollar:

Chemistry was easier than everyone made me think it would be but it certainly wasn't a walk in the park! I have a strong feeling it will get much harder in A2!
Maths UMS was 266/300. (100 in C1, 87 in S1 and 79 in C2)
Reply 4691
Original post by yousuf5465

I wanted to know that if you get average GCSE results but get exceptional/amazing As/A level results. Is there hope for a place in one of the top Unis. Considering I want to do economics or engineering related degree.

They really don't rely on GCSEs that much, first comes A Levels, then your personal statement, the rest, then GCSE results, unless you're applying to Oxbridge maybe. The rest really don't use them enough to make a difference if you've got good A Levels
Original post by yousuf5465

There are some people that do terrible at GCSE manage to do really well at A-Level.

Studying for 4 subjects is much easier than the 10/11 you do at GCSE, especially if you use free period and time at home well.

I must admit I didn't revise enough for GCSE's and will revise at least a month in advance to my A-Levels.
I feel i'm at some disadvantage when it comes to GCSE's, i'm still only 15, birthday on Monday :smile: then Results :angry:
Already got 4 early A*s (french, eng lang, maths and RE) so nothing can be too disastrous!
Original post by g.k.galloway
I honestly didn't find it too bad...but maybe I'm just odd! Just make use of all free periods and use time out of school wisely and you will cope fine :smile:

Chemistry was easier than everyone made me think it would be but it certainly wasn't a walk in the park! I have a strong feeling it will get much harder in A2!
Maths UMS was 266/300. (100 in C1, 87 in S1 and 79 in C2)

That's alright then I've heard its hard, so I'm going over some content early :smile:
I'd love 100 UMS in C1 :biggrin:

Congrats on your results :h:
Original post by mascot of NI
No I'm in Wallace. Which school do you go to?

I GO TO FRIENDS
hello haha
it's very exciting to find someone on here who goes to school near me :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
LOL why what do yu want to doooo?

I used to think I wanted to do medicine but I realised that was for all the wrong reasons - it's what smart people do, it's impressive, doctors are respected, I like science and maths so what else can I do etc
Buut now I think I'm looking at doing something more academic rather than vocational - I always wanted to do research in medicine anyway but now I think I'd rather do a science degree and go straight into research after that..Preferably NatSci because then I have choice haha
Original post by Dalek1099
Ofqual decided to do this because too many teachers were putting their students in for the exam in January and marking their coursework to the exact mark required to get a certain grade but now because the grade boundaries haven't been released by the exam boards, teachers can't do this.This sort of thing happened in my school as well with my teacher getting pupils, who had done well in the coursework to resit their coursework because they needed very high marks to get specific grades because of their exam results.I was still expected to get 273/300(A*) UMS for English Language though but this got moderated down to 270/300(A*) UMS so lucky:colondollar:

oh right!!!! i get it now thanks!!
the teachers did spend ages explaining it but i still didnt get it....i hope that the grade boundaries dont go higher its all so mysterious!!
woow thats great for coursework!! what did u get fo the exam and when did u do it??
Reply 4699
Original post by mollyh77
I used to think I wanted to do medicine but I realised that was for all the wrong reasons - it's what smart people do, it's impressive, doctors are respected, I like science and maths so what else can I do etc
Buut now I think I'm looking at doing something more academic rather than vocational - I always wanted to do research in medicine anyway but now I think I'd rather do a science degree and go straight into research after that..Preferably NatSci because then I have choice haha

Engineering?? That's what I want to do because I love science and maths and think it's perfect for me. I've been looking at Biomedical Engineering too which you might be interested in - google it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest