The Student Room Group

Name that element - Chemistry game

Scroll to see replies

Name the element named for a famous pyromaniac.
The speediest element.
Original post by peter12345
The speediest element.

helium?
p=mv same energy same momentum less mass more speed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
helium?
p=mv same energy same momentum less mass more speed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. Anything could have a higher speed than Helium. Speed depends on temperature as well.

Think mythology.
Nope. Anything could have a higher speed than Helium. Speed depends on temperature as well.

Think mythology.

I think you're making this all up :P
Original post by JMaydom
I think you're making this all up :P

Just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean my question is made up. Try harder. I'll improve the original clue.
Speedy messages.
Reply 126
Just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean my question is made up. Try harder. I'll improve the original clue.
Speedy messages.

Heyy I just clicked on the thread since Chemistry is my favourite subject, can I ask is the elemnt a halogen......

I dont have so much knowledge in Chemistry but Im just thinking is it a group 7 element
Original post by aishag6
Heyy I just clicked on the thread since Chemistry is my favourite subject, can I ask is the elemnt a halogen......

I dont have so much knowledge in Chemistry but Im just thinking is it a group 7 element

no
Reply 129

Think mythology.

Mercury?

Only thing that comes to mind to do with mythology. I don't understand why it would be the speediest element though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Exon
Mercury?

Only thing that comes to mind to do with mythology. I don't understand why it would be the speediest element though.

Well done.

Mercury was known for his speed. The planet mercury is called that because it orbits the sun the quickest. The element is called that I presume because it's a fast flowing liquid at room temperature.

Ok next one

Wolf.
What element was used to kill the aliens in the film Evolution
It's time to revive this thread!

Original post by Stannisbaratheon
What element was used to kill the aliens in the film Evolution

I have never watched this film, but could it be that you meant Selenium ( I have read the plot)?
Original post by Kallisto
It's time to revive this thread!

I have never watched this film, but could it be that you meant Selenium ( I have read the plot)?

yep
Original post by Stannisbaratheon
yep

Fine! Its my turn! here is the clue:

This element belongs to the chalcogens (sixth main group). The discoverer of this element got a nobel prize in chemistry.

Quick Reply