The Student Room Group

Never been kissed at 19

So i'm 19, start uni in September at Nottingham which I hear is FULL of girls. I would say i'm fairly attractive, I get compliments quite often.

However...I'm a virgin, i've never had a girlfriend and the closest female contact i've had is hugs. I used to be a very shy, awkward and nervous guy but hitting the gym hard over the last year and going out meeting people through work i've become a lot more confident with girls and generally myself. For example last week I managed to get a girls number from the bus after talking to her for 10 mins and I felt pretty damn good, my text 'game' isn't great so after a few flirty texts she stopped responding. (I basically said I enjoyed smoking weed occaasionally and she stopped replying..)

I've never really had a chance to have a proper girlfriend because my parents are incredibly strict muslims (Bengali). So haven't had a chance to do anything with girls. However, moving away from uni will allow me to do so! Won't drink alcohol for personal reasons but do I still have a good chance of getting girls? I just feel so horny all the tiem. Would girls find it weird if a guy is confident/attractive but never ever had a girlfriend/kiss/sex?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not at all. Go get 'em.
Reply 2
Virtual kiss 😘👄 there you go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
My first kiss was 1st year of uni too. I've never got further because I was a major bottlejob but it doesn't matter, if you want to pull at uni you will pull at uni. I'm lining them up to knock them down on Freshers week round too. Home runs will be hit!
Reply 4
that is fine.
Reply 5
I am going to Nottingham too! It wouldn't phase me at all if I liked the guy. It hasn't it the past with bf's anyway... probably don't mention being horny all the time...
Reply 6
I'm just feel that when I do have sex, i'll get so excited it will be over after like 10 seconds :colone:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just feel that when I do have sex, i'll get so excited it will be over after like 10 seconds :colone:

Alcohol is the usual thing for a bit of staying power so maybe you'll just have to accept this is going to happen unless the girl looks really horrendous.
Reply 8
Hi, I feel for you man but don't worry.

Before you do anything to your body, make sure you wear nice clothes, not ones your mom buy you. Get yourself a Ralph Lauren t-shirt (can get them for £30 online), nice fitted jeans from river island or topman, and some nice nike blazers.

In a society like ours, we are trained to instantly judge people by what they wear. Its wrong, but we all do it.

Make sure you have confidence and also look approachable and you'll be fine. I respect the fact you're not drinking, but don't shy when it comes to buying a girl a drink.

Good luck!
Reply 9
Nope. Besides if you're just looking to pull and get your rocks off I doubt they'll even know you've never had sex/a girlfriend before. Just don't mention being horny all the time and that you smoke weed. Good luck son.
I go to Nottingham, the first time I was kissed was at uni during freshers this year and I was hardly the most confident of people and thought I'd be forever alone :lol: You'll be fine, you may find it a bit difficult though as drinking culture is rife here, but if you're adamant that you don't want to drink no one will judge you for it and fair enough :smile: I wish the best of luck for your first year, you're going to have the time of your life! If you have any questions about uni life here feel free to PM me or quote. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by NorthWest
Hi, I feel for you man but don't worry.

Before you do anything to your body, make sure you wear nice clothes, not ones your mom buy you. Get yourself a Ralph Lauren t-shirt (can get them for £30 online), nice fitted jeans from river island or topman, and some nice nike blazers.

In a society like ours, we are trained to instantly judge people by what they wear. Its wrong, but we all do it.

Make sure you have confidence and also look approachable and you'll be fine. I respect the fact you're not drinking, but don't shy when it comes to buying a girl a drink.

Good luck!

Cheers mate, but my fashion taste is actually one of my strong points! I know how to dress well, I have confidence approaching girls...it's just escalating from there where I struggle. Any tips for that?
Reply 12
Original post by eliza.anne
Nope. Besides if you're just looking to pull and get your rocks off I doubt they'll even know you've never had sex/a girlfriend before. Just don't mention being horny all the time and that you smoke weed. Good luck son.

I'm not the kinda of guy that's looking for flings/ons. But I just feel horny all the time maaaan, i'd rather be in a relationship first.
Word of advice, working out at a gym and trying to imitate that sort of arrogant pricks is not the way about going about getting genuinely nice girls, just be yourself and take the notion of physical contact off the table for a while, just get to know them first like you would a guy mate, then start to slowly draw in.

And mate, smoking weed is pretty typical, but don't go boasting about it like your cool for doing it, that comes across as very pathetic. Not gonna lie.

And btw, it seems like your on this quest because of pressure from other people, at the end of the day noone really gives a **** what you do, its your private life, just do it when your fully ready and comfortable, don't rush in and have some awkward drunken fresher experience just to say your not a virgin anymore. Just chill out ffs.
Reply 14
Original post by AverageExcellence
Word of advice, working out at a gym and trying to imitate that sort of arrogant pricks is not the way about going about getting genuinely nice girls, just be yourself and take the notion of physical contact off the table for a while, just get to know them first like you would a guy mate, then start to slowly draw in.

And mate, smoking weed is pretty typical, but don't go boasting about it like your cool for doing it, that comes across as very pathetic. Not gonna lie.

And btw, it seems like your on this quest because of pressure from other people, at the end of the day noone really gives a **** what you do, its your private life, just do it when your fully ready and comfortable, don't rush in and have some awkward drunken fresher experience just to say your not a virgin anymore. Just chill out ffs.

I don't change my personality by going to the gym....I change my physique at the gym. I'm stronger, fitter and more confident than ever since going, taking gym seriously was the best decision of my life.

Yeah fair comment mate, she was just saying how she loves drinking and I said I love smoking weed...and that it's not nearly half as bad as alcohol. She just wouldn't accept it because Alcohol is legal so it must be better for you.

I'm on this quest because I'm horny as hell and want some female contact in my life! Not because I need acceptance from my peers...an important lesson I learned this year was not to give a f*** what people think of you.
Reply 15
Basically when you approach a girl, you need to break the ice. Don't go up to her in the club and say 'hi' and stand there, compliment something she's wearing and gradually built into conversation.

A lot of the time I say 'you look familiar', it always works for me as you can then get into a deep convo straight away eg Were you at that club last week bla bla bla and seem interested in what she says, even if she's just talking ****. Make the convo about her, girls love talking about themselves (no offence).

To be honest I could give you loads of tips, but really just be yourself! :wink:
So i'm 19, start uni in September at Nottingham which I hear is FULL of girls. I would say i'm fairly attractive, I get compliments quite often.

However...I'm a virgin, i've never had a girlfriend and the closest female contact i've had is hugs. I used to be a very shy, awkward and nervous guy but hitting the gym hard over the last year and going out meeting people through work i've become a lot more confident with girls and generally myself. For example last week I managed to get a girls number from the bus after talking to her for 10 mins and I felt pretty damn good, my text 'game' isn't great so after a few flirty texts she stopped responding. (I basically said I enjoyed smoking weed occaasionally and she stopped replying..)

I've never really had a chance to have a proper girlfriend because my parents are incredibly strict muslims (Bengali). So haven't had a chance to do anything with girls. However, moving away from uni will allow me to do so! Won't drink alcohol for personal reasons but do I still have a good chance of getting girls? I just feel so horny all the tiem. Would girls find it weird if a guy is confident/attractive but never ever had a girlfriend/kiss/sex?

Hehe. I met my boyfriend online on a weed forum. Match made in heaven lol. I'd never had a boyfriend (friendzoned) and he'd never had a girlfriend (virgin, also friendzoned)

The internet is a marvelous place....

You sound like a nice guy. Well done on building self confidence and getting a girl's number by yourself so far.Try making friend with a few girls and see who you grow close too, then it's not relying on the odds that a girl you just randomly met will think of you romantically. I only ever fell for people I'd been friends with first. Getting them to have sex with you might be a different matter though lol XD

I don't drink alcohol either. Even when I'm stoned I'm the only one who can walk in a straight line after hanging out with friends. You don't have to get drunk to meet a girl. x
Reply 17
i bet there are loads of people who say they have but haven't so don't sweat it and just go and have fun. i doubt girls are going to be checking your past sex life if they just want sex or whatever so you probably don't need to worry.
Reply 18
Original post by yazgilbert
i bet there are loads of people who say they have but haven't so don't sweat it and just go and have fun. i doubt girls are going to be checking your past sex life if they just want sex or whatever so you probably don't need to worry.

I can vouch for the lying part, 40 people game of never have I ever and apparently I was the only virgin despite there being a guy drinking washing up liquid (I kid you not) and another guy trying his best to grow a Hitler style moustache out of his nose as well as girls that looked like they'd been educated by nuns. Don't lie though, that looks bad.

I'm on this quest because I'm horny as hell and want some female contact in my life! Not because I need acceptance from my peers...an important lesson I learned this year was not to give a f*** what people think of you.

Everyone, boys and girls have certain desires, but it sounds like your adopting a wrong attitude, like you want to find a girl just to fulfill your own desires, that would be pretty wrong, you should channel your sexual frustration elsewhere. It's not healthy to objectify a woman to facilitate your urges.

Thats someones sister and daughter, how would you like it if someone was lusting after your female relatives like that with the view of using them for their own satisfaction. Just slow down and think about what your doing.. your venting this as if 99% of teenage boys haven't been there before. Im not having a go but i think you just need to step back a bit and review the situation and be a little more patient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending