The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just over 5 days left. Anxiety is kicking in but listening to pussycat dolls. Im mote anxious about starting college though like s new school new mates etc
Original post by pinkgorilla
I just did A593 this summer as I did the others last summer. But err, it was alright. Dont really remember much of it but I know I didnt have enough time to finish my answers....
I hope the grade boundaries are low again like last years :biggrin: You?

are u talking about economics?? i did that last year in year 10 and we had to do ALL 3 units in one year..its a 2 year course now right? it was soooo much work but i really enjoyed the subject, im gonna do A-level now..how did u find it??
Original post by techno836

I'd love 100 UMS in C1 :biggrin:

In the whole of A-Level maths, my lowest mark was on C1, supposedly the easiest module :ninja:
Original post by sophie97
Engineering?? That's what I want to do because I love science and maths and think it's perfect for me. I've been looking at Biomedical Engineering too which you might be interested in - google it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ack, I've been thinking about it over summer and I do like the look of Engineering or Chemical Engineering, things like that, as well as NatSci, but I need Physics for that and at the moment I'm down to take Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and french :frown: I don't want to get rid of French because I really enjoy it as a subject and I want to be able to speak it but I've been reading this book and the Universe and Astronomy and Physics are starting to interest me more and more (although I have only just srarted this book)..but the thing is, teachers aren't very good at physics in my school - all of the classes just barely got GCSE finished in time and my teacher didn't explain the last section, just made us stick in notes and go over it ourselves. So I'm really worried I won't be able to understand it!
Aah sorry for the long post but this is really annoying mee - don't know what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
In the whole of A-Level maths, my lowest mark was on C1, supposedly the easiest module :ninja:

Tut tut :wink: Hahaha yeah but alot more people sit C1 as after that people quit etc and don't bother :lol: but nothing could beat getting 100 in C3 or C4 :woo:

I'm making the New thread are we changing on 22nd? :-)

Easiest module means higher marks for everyone so it's probably trickier to get 100 UMS in C1 than C2.
Original post by mollyh77
I GO TO FRIENDS
hello haha
it's very exciting to find someone on here who goes to school near me :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I know what you mean. There don't seem to be to many Northern Irish people on here so I didn't think I would see a Friends pupil haha. What subjects did you do and how are you feeling about Thursday?
Reply 4707
Urgh, the worst feeling will be going in and knowing I have messed them up due to lack of revision and be being lazy...

Stupid teacher forgot to give us the list of revision stuff, and it was some unknown edexel thing anyway, GRR!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mascot of NI
Hi, I know what you mean. There don't seem to be to many Northern Irish people on here so I didn't think I would see a Friends pupil haha. What subjects did you do and how are you feeling about Thursday?

I know! Everyone seems to be mainland UK - just means us Norn Irish ones have to stick together haha! :wink: I do Maths (although already got that result), RE, AddMaths, EngLit, EngLang, French, Spanish, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and I don't know how I feel about Thursday anymore! Was feeling alright until about 2 days ago when I was hit by a wave of panic :/ I'm trying to keep calm though! How about you - what do you do and how are you feeling? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4709
Ack, I've been thinking about it over summer and I do like the look of Engineering or Chemical Engineering, things like that, as well as NatSci, but I need Physics for that and at the moment I'm down to take Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and french :frown: I don't want to get rid of French because I really enjoy it as a subject and I want to be able to speak it but I've been reading this book and the Universe and Astronomy and Physics are starting to interest me more and more (although I have only just srarted this book)..but the thing is, teachers aren't very good at physics in my school - all of the classes just barely got GCSE finished in time and my teacher didn't explain the last section, just made us stick in notes and go over it ourselves. So I'm really worried I won't be able to understand it!
Aah sorry for the long post but this is really annoying mee - don't know what to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see where you're coming from but do you want to risk finding that you have a passion for engineering and not being able to do a degree in it because you didn't take physics? As for the teachers, it's very hard to find a good physics teacher so the majority of the country is in the same position. You may just have to do a lot of self learning. With French, you can learn that anytime! Just because you don't take it at A level doesn't mean you can't learn it in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Tut tut :wink: Hahaha yeah but alot more people sit C1 as after that people quit etc and don't bother :lol: but nothing could beat getting 100 in C3 or C4 :woo:

I'm making the New thread are we changing on 22nd? :-)

Haha :ashamed2: Yup, true I guess. :tongue: Thanks :colondollar:

It could be sooner... :ninja:

Original post by Red Fox
Easiest module means higher marks for everyone so it's probably trickier to get 100 UMS in C1 than C2.

True! :biggrin:
I know! Everyone seems to be mainland UK - just means us Norn Irish ones have to stick together haha! :wink: I do Maths (although already got that result), RE, AddMaths, EngLit, EngLang, French, Spanish, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and I don't know how I feel about Thursday anymore! Was feeling alright until about 2 days ago when I was hit by a wave of panic :/ I'm trying to keep calm though! How about you - what do you do and how are you feeling? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did English lit, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Home Economics, Spanish, Maths and 1/2 course RE. To be honest I would rather just get results day over and done with. I see in your other post your doing 5 A levels. I didn't realise Friends let you do that.
Original post by sophie97
I see where you're coming from but do you want to risk finding that you have a passion for engineering and not being able to do a degree in it because you didn't take physics? As for the teachers, it's very hard to find a good physics teacher so the majority of the country is in the same position. You may just have to do a lot of self learning. With French, you can learn that anytime! Just because you don't take it at A level doesn't mean you can't learn it in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a really good point! I mean I wasn't planning on doing French past AS anyway (can't stand the idea of French literature) but I don't knoww..I mean I picked French because I thought I was going to do Medicine and it would be a good contrasting subject but that's not what I want anymore. I think if I do well in Physics at GCSE (like a high A*) then I might change it..I could always ask my French teacher for materials and stuff sp I could learn French as a hobby? Ahhhhhhhh, can't believe I only have 4 days to decide this!
Or I could go completely different and take Further Maths, Maths, French, Chemistry and Physics..but that would cut off some opportunities if I changed back to medicine again :P And it's not likely to be available on the timetable either whereas FM and 3 sciences will almost definitely be available..
Wish I had time to take 6 A Levels! :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You'd need Physics or Maths if you were considering Biomedical Engineering right?
Haha :ashamed2: Yup, true I guess. :tongue: Thanks :colondollar:

It could be sooner... :ninja:

True! :biggrin:

no me and fishy are in agreement it should be after when the results hype has calmed down :smile:
Original post by mascot of NI
I did English lit, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Home Economics, Spanish, Maths and 1/2 course RE. To be honest I would rather just get results day over and done with. I see in your other post your doing 5 A levels. I didn't realise Friends let you do that.

Are they all with CCEA? How'd you find the Sciences?? (barely anyone else on here seems to have done them as separate sciences on CCEA, most did Double Award) I would feel the same if school weren't sending me up a mountain as soon as I get my results :tongue: Can't be bothered to get organised!
Yep, we are! It's really only in the case of Further Maths though - because you do the Maths in a year and then the Further Maths the next year, it's really like you're only doing 4 each year. Also most people drop it after the Maths A Level is completed so they only have 3 subjects to do in the second year but end up with 4 A Levels overall anyway. It's a nice wee bit of flexibility - only a small number of people do it though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's good work exp for Natural Sciences?
Reply 4717
That's a really good point! I mean I wasn't planning on doing French past AS anyway (can't stand the idea of French literature) but I don't knoww..I mean I picked French because I thought I was going to do Medicine and it would be a good contrasting subject but that's not what I want anymore. I think if I do well in Physics at GCSE (like a high A*) then I might change it..I could always ask my French teacher for materials and stuff sp I could learn French as a hobby? Ahhhhhhhh, can't believe I only have 4 days to decide this!
Or I could go completely different and take Further Maths, Maths, French, Chemistry and Physics..but that would cut off some opportunities if I changed back to medicine again :P And it's not likely to be available on the timetable either whereas FM and 3 sciences will almost definitely be available..
Wish I had time to take 6 A Levels! :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would go for Physics instead of French if I were you - it keeps your options entirely open!
Good luck anyway, whatever you take!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4718
Original post by Molly_xox
You'd need Physics or Maths if you were considering Biomedical Engineering right?

Yep 100% but you don't need biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 days 9 hours and 26minutes to go!

Latest