The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6120
Can tell tonights gonna be a looong night.

Does anyone else feel like they need to constantly be doing something to stay sane? Yesterday i woke up at eight AM, played tennis until 1 PM, went home for two hours and then went out to play pool and darts until 10PM.

Today i didn't have that much planned and when i don't have something planned for a particular day it drives me nuts.
Bumped into my best friend from when I was eleven tonight, whom I haven't seen since I left year 6 and she's about two months from having her legs amputated and it was a really surreal experience and life feels weird.
Turns out watching your football team get thrashed and then finding out all of your friends are moving out for Uni isn't a good way to spend the day :/ Thank goodness for books :biggrin: (That sounded more pathetic than I intended it to)

Original post by 08batee
I really don't know what it is :sad: Nervous about how my MH will affect every single part of my life there, really. I know for a fact if I didn't have this rubbish to deal with, I'd be more confident and excited, just like everyone else. Seeing everyone so excited is making me feel so much worse. I know that sounds horrible but :sigh:

Many kind thanks for the welcome :penguinhug:

It may be worth looking into but you know how most unis will have a peer support system? Well a friend of mine has MH issues and they paired them up with someone who also had similar experiences so it's worth looking into what systems they have in place to help or emailing them about it.
Reply 6123
Original post by octoberbaby
Bumped into my best friend from when I was eleven tonight, whom I haven't seen since I left year 6 and she's about two months from having her legs amputated and it was a really surreal experience and life feels weird.

What happened to her to need both her legs amputated? Reminds you how fragile we really can be.
Original post by james1211
What happened to her to need both her legs amputated? Reminds you how fragile we really can be.

Um she was definitely not sober and tripping over her words a lot so I'm not 100% sure but when we were in primary school she was almost always in and out of hospital and had multiple operations on her legs. I think it's something to do with muscle deterioration? Really not certain though, it was hard to get whole sentences out of her and I guess I never paid much attention to anything serious when I was 10?
But yeah. Strange as anything.
Reply 6125
Tonight is not a good night :bawling: :bawling:
Reply 6126
Original post by 08batee

:console: Remember, it gets better.
Original post by 08batee

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Am still around for tonight if you want to PM me. :jumphug::penguinhug:
It's almost 6.30pm - I've been up for a total of 45minutes today. Damn that zolpidem is strong stuff!
Apparently my parties now mean me and my best friend falling out and everyone else being a boring ****. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
just want to sleep. boyfriends asleep i think.

not being able to sleep is making everything 50 times worse :frown:
Original post by Kindred
Apparently my parties now mean me and my best friend falling out and everyone else being a boring ****. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened? :frown:
Original post by PonchoKid
just want to sleep. boyfriends asleep i think.

not being able to sleep is making everything 50 times worse :frown:

Have you tried reading? I had pretty bad insomnia for a long time but reading gets your eyes exhausted so quickly you can't help but want to close them.

Hope you get off soon hun :hugs:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Have you tried reading? I had pretty bad insomnia for a long time but reading gets your eyes exhausted so quickly you can't help but want to close them.

Hope you get off soon hun :hugs:

dont have the concentration to read neither can i read properly so it stresses me out :frown:

just taken a zopiclone so hopefully ill sleep :crossedf:
Original post by PonchoKid
dont have the concentration to read neither can i read properly so it stresses me out :frown:

just taken a zopiclone so hopefully ill sleep :crossedf:

I'm sorry, what about the radio or TV then? It doesn't require the same level of attention but it normally gets a similar effect.

:crossedf: :yawn:
i really need someone to tell me its gonna be okay

nothing feels okay right now
Original post by Anonymous
i really need someone to tell me its gonna be okay

nothing feels okay right now
:hugs: You've always got a support network here even if it's 2:30 in the morning, sides things have a way of making themselves okay in the end even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Fancy talking about what's wrong? You may find yourself being able to organise your thoughts better if you do :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
been years and its never gotten any ebtter

not something i can really talk abotu right now. tjank you for the reply though :hugs:
Original post by octoberbaby
What happened? :frown:

I don't really know. :s-smilie: this is the second time now that we've been having fun and drinking a bit then somehow end up fighting with each other. We're fine afterwards but I really hate it and I'm a bit worried that it's because she's annoyed at me for some reason but doesn't want to say. Only reason I could think for her being annoyed is feeling left out with me spending so much time with my bf now. I still make sure I spend time with her though and we have girly evenings with just us so she shouldn't feel too left out cos ill still meet up with her like any time she's not working byway.
I guess it's just a mix of everything being let out with the alcohol. I just take it really badly at the time XD :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
been years and its never gotten any ebtter

not something i can really talk abotu right now. tjank you for the reply though :hugs:
Yeah it's late in the day, take care and have a good night sleep :penguinhug: If you feel up to it later and fancy a rant or whatever you know where to find me.

Latest