The Student Room Group

Did I scare him by telling him I was in love with him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 24. We met online and were friends first. I stayed 3 nights at his house the first time I met him and the second time I came back, he told me he loved me. We have been together 15 months.

Any guy I've ever professed to love though has used me and hung me up to dry or run off with some fat chick...

Calm down and stop being paranoid. You can never predict what and when people are going to say stuff, especially that sort of thing. Just focus on being friends and the romantic relationship thing will just take its own course.

We've already like got into a relationship like we started it after the 3rd meet but acted like a couple from the start.
The point is you are clearly very anxious and obsessing, so stop worrying about 'relationship things' like who is saying I love you and when he's going to text back. Just enjoy eachother's company when you are together as you have been, like friends. Because your romantic partner should feel like your best friend anyway and you two sound like you got off to a good start. Obsessing over the 'relationship' aspect like you are is going to drive you made, make you paranoid and read into everything he does text and scare him.

When I first met my boyfriend we also acted like a couple from the start, but we never called it anything, the relationship just 'happened'. There was never an official 'we are dating now 'moment, no pressure, just let life happen for you two. Trust me I know all about waiting up all night for him to text/come online and it will just add tension in the end.

xx
Reply 42
Tbh I dont think you need to worry, the text you sent was fine for being together only a month :smile: maybe he's just busy with the concert thing and is playing it cool :cool:

Remember hes been waiting for you to say it back lol so cut him a little slack, and yourself for that matter :biggrin:
Reply 43
He's been online again now twice on the whatsapp it's just driving me crazy him taking forever to reply I mean even if he said he changed his mind I just want to hear something it's better than hearing nothing at all. I don't or he's just taking it all in .
I'm so tempted text him. Will I text him asking how the concert went .
Reply 44
I couldn't wait any longer I texted him asking how the concert went. He was online for like a second then went offline.
Reply 45
you told him how you felt and for most people that's a really big step to take and it takes a lot of courage. if he has been lying about how he felt then he isn't worth it. just remember you stayed true to your feelings and yourself, don't be ashamed of yourself. chin up girl.
Reply 46
He's not online on the site I just checked I can still like search even though I deleted my profile. He only like went back on Friday and today.
Reply 47
He replied now finally he didn't mention anything about the message so I guess he wasn't scared off then. Just replied about the concert. Will I say something like hope I didn't scare you with the first message or ask was the message ok.
At least I know he's still talking to me.
Reply 48
Original post by Anonymous
He replied now finally he didn't mention anything about the message so I guess he wasn't scared off then. Just replied about the concert. Will I say something like hope I didn't scare you with the first message or ask was the message ok.
At least I know he's still talking to me.

Forget about that message. Say it later on. Don't mention it now. Carry on talking and see how it goes. Good Luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Yeah I'll leave it until I see him hope I still soon. I'll leave it a while before replying think he's gone sleep now anyway don't really want another waiting to reply thing for a while I'll text him back tomorrow.
Reply 50
Totally let him talk to you first. I know waiting for him to talk first is horrible but so is waiting for him to reply to your message. At least if he talks first you know he wants to talk. If he doesn't talk to you then sack his good-for-nothing ass off.
You should start following him around in a wedding dress. Now THAT would scare him.
Reply 52
Original post by yazgilbert
Totally let him talk to you first. I know waiting for him to talk first is horrible but so is waiting for him to reply to your message. At least if he talks first you know he wants to talk. If he doesn't talk to you then sack his good-for-nothing ass off.

Oh he has replied already I mean I'm texting him back tomorrow sometime he just told me how it went. He didn't mention anything about the message I sent as I just asked about the concert. I guess he's okay with the message then if he was scared off I guess he wouldn't reply at all or something.
Reply 53
I totally agree with this. If the lad felt the same way about you he would have said something about you feeling that way, but he didn't. Get rid of his lying ass before he plays you for a fool.
Reply 54
I'll wait until we meet up if we meet up again and bring it up then instead think I'd rather ask him face to face .
Reply 55
I'll see if he's still talking to me in the same way as well. He seems like he is.
Is it better to ask him face to face? or say it in the next message as well as replying. At the end will I say" were you okay with that previous message I sent just wondering?"
Reply 56
Yeah I'll leave the message until I see him and bring it up then. He has a match on tomorrow told me this a few days ago he's normally at a match every Sunday. I hope he wants to meet after. We haven't met up in a week but he has said he misses me.
Reply 57
He hasn't text me back since my reply and he's been online the whatsapp loads of times it's so annoying.
Do you think he's avoiding me? or just forgot an will reply later? I know sometimes he does forget.
Reply 58
And he's been on the dating site again it's getting me worried.
Reply 59
He sent me this text now "I'm going to be honest pet. This is scaring me how fast things are going with us . I really had no intention of getting into a relationship until I met you. I dunno what it is. I'm afraid of hurting you and myself :frown: I'm just confused"

I text him back saying I may have said the whole love thing in the heat if the moment and asked to meet up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending