The Student Room Group

Muslims in London commit shocking acts of

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
maybe taqiyah but yes kindness is universal.
Reply 2
Original post by EnzoC
maybe taqiyah but yes kindness is universal.

Please explain to us what taqiyya is and also provide any scriptural evidence.
Link of the Nasheed at the start?
Reply 4
You won't find this in the papers.
Original post by sugar-n-spice

My friends listens to him, he's called Maher Zain, but i don't know the name of the nasheed! :smile:

Lovely video OP. beautiful act, i wish we saw more of this all around.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sugar-n-spice

Think this is it :smile:
[video="youtube;KfXIF2Mm2Kc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfXIF2Mm2Kc[/video]
Reply 7
In other news, hundreds of Christian and non-religious groups also carry out similar charity activities and receive a similar level of attention.

But by all means, attempt to score some points by trying to make out the media is biased against Muslims.
Reply 8
Original post by Steevee
In other news, hundreds of Christian and non-religious groups also carry out similar charity activities and receive a similar level of attention.

But by all means, attempt to score some points by trying to make out the media is biased against Muslims.

This.
Reply 9
Original post by GPODT
Please explain to us what taqiyya is and also provide any scriptural evidence.

wat u r doing now i think, being negligent.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Think this is it :smile:
[video="youtube;KfXIF2Mm2Kc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfXIF2Mm2Kc[/video]

Original post by Amelia-Babe
My friends listens to him, he's called Maher Zain, but i don't know the name of the nasheed! :smile:

Lovely video OP. beautiful act, i wish we saw more of this all around.

Thanks guys, will rep when I get some.
Reply 11
Original post by Steevee

Those other religious communities are not under constant attack by people on this site. Even if Muslims do acts of good they are accused of lying and deception (see post number 2)
Reply 12
Original post by EnzoC
wat u r doing now i think, being negligent.

Brilliant response.
Reply 13
Original post by GPODT
Those other religious communities are not under constant attack by people on this site. Even if Muslims do acts of good they are accused of lying and deception (see post number 2)

'constant attack'. people can believe islam isn't a religion of peace if they want to. it's a belief. the US government is attacked on this site a lot by people like you but thats ok? so is UKIP.. :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Roger1

why would that be in the papers. the fact you think it maybe should tells me alot.
As long as they aren't doing this for ulterior motives (namely trying to convert people), then I think it is a good thing.
Reply 16
Original post by Roger1

You think they care? What they did is commendable not because they were Muslim but because its a good deed. Even if it went unnoticed by the media what they did was noticed by those it matters to (the people affected).

Plus you'll find the same attention from the media when such things happen because for some reason we'd rather concentrate on the doom and gloom. Nonetheless bbc London during Ramadan showed a report on how Muslims were using the time to help the hungry and volunteer at shelters.

So please stop with this Islam vs the world thing! (And daily fail doesn't count they hate everyone) :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by EnzoC
why would that be in the papers. the fact you think it maybe should tells me alot.

Because the media are always trying to show the Muslims and Islam in a bad light. They are biased against Islam. They write about the bad things, but good things such as this go unnoticed.
Original post by Roger1
Because the media are always trying to show the Muslims and Islam in a bad light. They are biased against Islam. They write about the bad things, but good things such as this go unnoticed.

Good acts shouldn't be news worthy
Reply 19
Original post by Joeman560
Good acts shouldn't be news worthy

Why not? A baby is born and the whole country knows. People feed the homeless and it's not in a single paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending