The Student Room Group

A2 predictions based on AS grades? what would i be predicted?

Hi! :smile:

So, for A2 (which is starting in September ahhh!) I am continuing with English Literature (A), Sociology (A), and philosophy (C).

Considering I achieved the grades AAC for these subjects at AS, what are the likely predictions that I may well receive for A2? I am hoping for at least 1 A* prediction - in English - as I work extremely hard on this subject, and hope to study it at university!!

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Your teachers are the ones you should talk to!
Reply 2
i didnt do as well as i'd hoped for my AS. i got BBCC. If i aced every test in A2 over the next term before predictions are set, do you think id be able to persuade my teachers to give me an AAA prediction?
Reply 3
Original post by becky656
i didnt do as well as i'd hoped for my AS. i got BBCC. If i aced every test in A2 over the next term before predictions are set, do you think id be able to persuade my teachers to give me an AAA prediction?

I'd say that if you carried on with the subjects that you got BBC in, then you should be definitely predicted somewhere in the region of AAB - ABC, if not AAA! - this would just require A LOT of hard work, and a great deal of confidence in yourself and your capabilities to excel!
Reply 4
Original post by HollyOnIce
Hi! :smile:

So, for A2 (which is starting in September ahhh!) I am continuing with English Literature (A), Sociology (A), and philosophy (C).

Considering I achieved the grades AAC for these subjects at AS, what are the likely predictions that I may well receive for A2? I am hoping for at least 1 A* prediction - in English - as I work extremely hard on this subject, and hope to study it at university!!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

It also depends on UMS. You're more likely to get predicted A* if you were well into the A grade.
Original post by becky656

I think you'll struggle, but you'll just have to prove to them you can do it

Quick Reply