The Student Room Group

Track: Who is still waiting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva

Not quite whether you mean you want your insurance place after all, if they're willing to give it to you. If that is so, you need to tell them very quickly indeed, and hope that they didn't process the rejection last thing this afternoon.

I think I would like my insurance but they are literally still deciding. When I heard this I decided to just go with my clearing as it's at a university just as good. But they haven't rejected me yet at my insurance so I'm tempted to just ring up, tell them to forget releasing me into clearing IF they have decided to keep me. It's abit all over the place at the moment. I'll ring my insurance tomorrow if they're open
Reply 341
I'm still waiting for mine to update! Word is it might not until Monday! :'(
Reply 342
Eurgh, Waiting is annoying, Especially as i want En Suite accomm, I don't really want to share the bathroom :frown:
Reply 343
Am still waiting for mine to update yet i have received an email to confirm my place and the uni know am going to them in September, they said it would be Monday when it updated no as it won't go through on the weekend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
Original post by Saucy Carrot
I think I would like my insurance but they are literally still deciding. When I heard this I decided to just go with my clearing as it's at a university just as good. But they haven't rejected me yet at my insurance so I'm tempted to just ring up, tell them to forget releasing me into clearing IF they have decided to keep me. It's abit all over the place at the moment. I'll ring my insurance tomorrow if they're open
If nothing has happened by Monday, then you can ring them and ask what's happening. If they are still considering you, you will need to say whether you want that or you definitely want to be released. You need also to bear in mind how long the Clearing offer will be kept open for you.
Reply 345
Rang my insurance and contacted the department I wish to study at on Friday . I talked to a senior staff got a verbal and soon an email confirmation that I will get a place. But still no updates on UCAS yesterday, might as well called them again on Monday.
I know I have place at my insurance but I did not realize my firm choice was still processing my application I don't know what the hold up is, I didn't meet the entry requirements are they just waiting to find someone better than me in clearing ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Minerva
If nothing has happened by Monday, then you can ring them and ask what's happening. If they are still considering you, you will need to say whether you want that or you definitely want to be released. You need also to bear in mind how long the Clearing offer will be kept open for you.

Thanks for your advice. As for the clearing offer I asked them twice if there is a limit on the offer from Newcastle University and they said there isn't a limit but I should expect a phone call if I don't act soon
Reply 348
My track for my firm university has STILL not changed yet. I kmow I have meet the conditions so why is it still taking this long. I cannot even sort out my accommodation until the university gets back to me! What do I do??? HELP!!
Reply 349
First of all let me clarify that I am not in clearing but still waiting for my insurance, after talking to course director and the head of department on Friday first thing in the morning I got an email soon after says they can confirm my place. However there is still no updates on UCAS... At this stage I think that my place is secured (sort of) since it comes from a senior staff. But I still want to ask is there any possibility that they break they promise. I really want to go to that Uni hence I didn't ask them to release me, and they already kept my hanging for so long which means I can't really get any good clearing choices now.

Sorry if you see similar post of mine somewhere else saying the same thing because I am in purgatory waiting.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 350
Original post by Saucy Carrot
Thanks for your advice. As for the clearing offer I asked them twice if there is a limit on the offer from Newcastle University and they said there isn't a limit but I should expect a phone call if I don't act soon
Well then you are in a good position. You don't need to tell your insurance that you haven't a deadline, but you can tell them you have an offer, and hope that this concentrates their minds :smile:
Reply 351
Original post by SLadher
My track for my firm university has STILL not changed yet. I kmow I have meet the conditions so why is it still taking this long. I cannot even sort out my accommodation until the university gets back to me! What do I do??? HELP!!
But do they? You need to ring the uni in the morning first thing and find out if some results have gone astray. Don't leave it.
Reply 352
Still no update on track -.-
Reply 353
Original post by Squishyy
First of all let me clarify that I am not in clearing but still waiting for my insurance, after talking to course director and the head of department on Friday first thing in the morning I got an email soon after says they can confirm my place. However there is still no updates on UCAS... At this stage I think that my place is secured (sort of) since it comes from a senior staff. But I still want to ask is there any possibility that they break they promise. I really want to go to that Uni hence I didn't ask them to release me, and they already kept my hanging for so long which means I can't really get any good clearing choices now.

Sorry if you see similar post of mine somewhere else saying the same thing because I am in purgatory waiting.
They shouldn't do. If nothing's happened by tomorrow morning give them a ring and fiind out what's going on. Emphasise that you haven't been looking in Clearing because you really want to go to their uni and you had an email from XXXX promising you a place.

It will get sorted out in the end, but this waiting is hideous, I know.
It says last updated 16th August.

I've recieved verbal and email confirmation and added my choice but still nothing... the other offers given to me have a deadline of sunday and monday. The one I've applied to would be my preference but is it normal for them to take this long? The other problem is that I can't ring the Uni today to find out...
Can someone give me some advice please?

I'm going to have to negotiate with my firm in a few days about my maths GCSE grade (they want an A, I have a B) I got the AAA requirement they wanted, but I need some good points about why my GCSE grade doesn't matter, but without looking like I'm undermining the requirement. I get really caught up and nervous on the phone so that's why I'm asking if anyone can lay out some good points for me to say about it. (The degree is computer information systems)

Thanks so much in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 356
Original post by Helpfulstudent
It says last updated 16th August.

I've recieved verbal and email confirmation and added my choice but still nothing... the other offers given to me have a deadline of sunday and monday. The one I've applied to would be my preference but is it normal for them to take this long? The other problem is that I can't ring the Uni today to find out...
You should be fine. Yes it can take a while, which I know is hard. Ring them in the morning if nothing's changed by, say, 11 am.

Original post by CoolCat94
Can someone give me some advice please?

I'm going to have to negotiate with my firm in a few days about my maths GCSE grade (they want an A, I have a B) I got the AAA requirement they wanted, but I need some good points about why my GCSE grade doesn't matter, but without looking like I'm undermining the requirement. I get really caught up and nervous on the phone so that's why I'm asking if anyone can lay out some good points for me to say about it. (The degree is computer information systems)

Thanks so much in advance
How come you already have your result? If you do, you need to talk to them tomorrow.

If your A levels include Maths, I can't see why they would insist on an A at GCSE as well, but only they can say. With AAA, you are outside the quota so they should be able to take you if they want to.

In talking to them, I'd suggest you emphasise your A level grades. If you were supposed to have done a resit to improve your GCSE grade but didn't, you'll need to have some explanation as to why you didn't. Had you said on your original application that you were going to do this but then decided not to?
Original post by Minerva
You should be fine. Yes it can take a while, which I know is hard. Ring them in the morning if nothing's changed by, say, 11 am.

How come you already have your result? If you do, you need to talk to them tomorrow.

If your A levels include Maths, I can't see why they would insist on an A at GCSE as well, but only they can say. With AAA, you are outside the quota so they should be able to take you if they want to.

In talking to them, I'd suggest you emphasise your A level grades. If you were supposed to have done a resit to improve your GCSE grade but didn't, you'll need to have some explanation as to why you didn't. Had you said on your original application that you were going to do this but then decided not to?

I took the exam in March and achieved a B grade and my school didn't allow me to retake (because I was in sixth form and they only enter students who haven't got a pass grade)

I phoned them up when I got my result of a B and told them the situation, they told me even though I need the A, they will see what can be done on results day providing I get the AAA requirement

My course didn't require A level maths that's why I applied, but my course is an alternative to computer science for those without a "mathematical background" (quoted from the prospectus)

Thank you

Edit: I did retake to improve (I didn't have a B grade before) I just didn't manage the A, in my defence, the Edexcel GCSE maths boundaries rose by 11 marks, I got 133/200 which usually amounts to a mid A, but it rose to 136/200 for an A (I know it sounds like I'm being trivial here, but it really is the truth)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 358
Original post by CoolCat94
I took the exam in March and achieved a B grade and my school didn't allow me to retake (because I was in sixth form and they only enter students who haven't got a pass grade)

I phoned them up when I got my result of a B and told them the situation, they told me even though I need the A, they will see what can be done on results day providing I get the AAA requirement

My course didn't require A level maths that's why I applied, but my course is an alternative to computer science for those without a "mathematical background" (quoted from the prospectus)

Thank you
OK, you need to get on to them tomorrow and find out where they've got to in their thinking. I assume your Track is still showing 'conditional'? They may be sticky about the GCSE grade if you've no maths background otherwise, but on the other hand those A level grades are impressive. Make sure they have your UMS if they are well above the A boundaries!
Original post by Minerva
OK, you need to get on to them tomorrow and find out where they've got to in their thinking. I assume your Track is still showing 'conditional'? They may be sticky about the GCSE grade if you've no maths background otherwise, but on the other hand those A level grades are impressive. Make sure they have your UMS if they are well above the A boundaries!

Yeah, my track still shows conditional. I hope they're okay with it, thank you for saying my grades are impressive. One of my A grades is 343/400 UMS so maybe I should tell them that. Thank you for the help, I worked as hard as I could so I hope I don't lose my place over a GCSE grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply