The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 May 21st 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumbakrak
Got 50UMS... What does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

means that you got 35/50 raw marks, and got an A.

grade boundary was 34 raw marks, 48 UMS
Reply 461
Original post by clareramos
means that you got 35/50 raw marks, and got an A.

grade boundary was 34 raw marks, 48 UMS

Damn. Overall, I got an A (85%) which is fairly strong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 462
How do we work out percentage? Like 85% etc. i wanna see how I did..

In Unit 1: I got 50 UMS
In Unit 2: I got 130 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
go the the UMS converter and you can get raw mark, then work out percentage.
Anyone think the exam was marked really harshly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahhannah95
Anyone think the exam was marked really harshly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

having done remarks. no in the most part. a few that I thought where harshly marked, but that was difference of opinion more than anything to do with mark scheme.
I'm not too sure how I feel about my grade. Coming out of the exam I thought it went fairly well. However, at my school we had problems with the exams for a number of reasons and don't feel we spent enough time on it which could have been a part of the problem..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 467
Original post by hannahhannah95
I'm not too sure how I feel about my grade. Coming out of the exam I thought it went fairly well. However, at my school we had problems with the exams for a number of reasons and don't feel we spent enough time on it which could have been a part of the problem..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a C last year, A this year. This exam seems easy but unless you see the past mark schemes you won't score well, you have to be really careful of what the question asks and how to enter level 2, you will understand after doing all the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh right thanks! I really didn't have time to revise and our data had been mixed up. In a way I'm not surprised I got a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
Got a C last year, A this year. This exam seems easy but unless you see the past mark schemes you won't score well, you have to be really careful of what the question asks and how to enter level 2, you will understand after doing all the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

For fieldwork and skills in general. You have to vague or precise, and that's how the exams are written. The problem often comes with teachers not using AQA questions and them trying a middle ground, that doesn't work due to nature of subject area, and this then causes problems in the exams. You can tell just by the way someone writes. mark schemes are key to see what they want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending