The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes he probably is smarter than you by realising maths could be difficult if you where to do economics and hes a good friend so surely he should tell you his honest opinion without offending you and why on earth should he not be celebrating his aab? How snobby are you??? And you don't even miss him as a friend you just want someone to pass your time by with, quite frankly your a terrible friend
Original post by im so academic
Autistic? What makes you think that?

He's just being incredibly patronising and arrogant.

I'm not autistic myself, but that can come across as offensive to people who are autistic - unless you've got some basis for your reasoning.

Complete lack of understanding of social situations. Autisic people often come across as arrogant and patronising.
He's a troll guys :tongue:

Cardiff is not the dullest, greyest, wettest (:sexface:) area!:mad:
Original post by bestofyou
lol

I got A* A* A in my results the other day and am going to LSE to do BA Geography (I didn't have maths otherwise I'd def have gotten into do Economics or something that would lead to investment banking)

My friend got ABB and is going to Cardiff or somewhere (I know its in Scotland somehwere) to do Geology.

The other day he said to me when we were talking about jobs and I mentioned the investment banking thing and the Economics degree at LSE (I am trying to see if there is a way I can internally transfer to the Economics course).

I can't believe what he said, he said "you did very well with your A-levels, but if they ask for maths A-level you might not be able to cope with the mathematical content since you didn't do it"

I was like, "lol, mate, you got ABB, who are you to say that I can't cope, I have two graes higher than you in two subjects".

Should have saw his reaction lol

Then he said "sorry, I didn't mean it like that, I just meant you may need a grounding in maths before you do the course".

I was like "yeah sure, you're just jealous that I'm off to LSE and will get a way better job than you will cause LSE is ranked way higher than any silly university in Scotland,lol"

He seemed confused at this, (ABB after all, why was I supprised? lol) and said "I'm going to Cardiff, what the hell are you talking about"

And I was like "lol yeah my point exactly, not only are you going to the most boring, dark, grey, wettest region of the which is so far north it is freezing even in summer, you are going to study bloody rocks, what sort of job will you even get from that lol?

He was supper pissed by this stage and stormed off shaking his head and said "you are a dick".

I know it was his fault in the first place, trying to crush my dreams of getting into investment banking (jealous likely). But he is my only friend and even though he isn't as smart as me, I've been quite bored since we fell out. He's been going out celebrating his ABB (not sure why) and I've been stuck inside cause he was my only gateway into parties etc cause no one else ever bothers with me really.

Should I apologise to him even though it was his fault?

4/10 on the Trollometer, needs more Oxbridge/A*'s to increase further.
1/10 unless you're that stupid, do geography and still can't read a map.
Reply 25
There are so many things wrong with this post.
You're not going to get into Economics mate.
Reply 27
I think you're mate has a fair point, if you don't have any sort of grounding in maths then you're going to struggle.
Original post by Dragonfly07
Complete lack of understanding of social situations. Autisic people often come across as arrogant and patronising.

No, I would say what the OP is, but I don't want warning points. I'd say he's just arrogant and patronising.

You can't give him a diagnosis from just one post.
Original post by Dr. Django
4/10 on the Trollometer, needs more Oxbridge/A*'s to increase further.

Lol this, chatting **** about he's so smart that he got into LSE Geography. If he were so smart he would've got into LSE Economics from the start or even Oxbridge.

He's hardly God's gift to the academic world.

I'm betting he got rejected from Oxbridge Geography.
Reply 30
lol yet in 8 months you'll be posting threads about which engineering course to do or where to go travelling
Reply 31
Lol this, chatting **** about he's so smart that he got into LSE Geography. If he were so smart he would've got into LSE Economics from the start or even Oxbridge.

Do you fap to pictures of Oxford & Cambridge ? It certainly seems like that with all this bumlove your giving the two institutions
Reply 32
Oh gosh, the OP is trolling. Too obvious. Jeez, don't people have better things to do with their time.
This is clearly satirical and I think it's actually quite well written. Interesting read, you threw in a lot of nice touches. I especially liked the one about doing geography/not knowing cardiff is in wales.

7/10 good read
Obviously a troll.

I finally feel like a true TSRist after being quoted by you, the most notorious TSR user out there :L

In my opinion it's simply a troll post, I would't read much more into it than that
Original post by keromedic
Isn't Cardiff in Wales? And surely a friend suggesting that you have a better foundation in maths isn't him suggesting that he's smarter than you.
Am I missing something?

As of today Glasgow and Cardiff have switched places. Didn't you see the news?
Reply 37

I never applied actually, I'm from a working class background and did not wish to surround myself with snobs and rich kid tories.

Off topic, but did you end up getting accepted at Oxbridge?
Whilst being relatively unconvincing, the Scotland part was a good twist. 6/10.

Latest