The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
That's true, I hate rejection though, but if I got the offer from Liverpool I probably wouldn't care :tongue: Thank you, really appreciate the advice :smile:

Everyone hates rejection I suppose. :tongue:
I'm just wondering what would happen if all 5 unis of my choice rejected me. :rolleyes:
Original post by SyedaK
When does everyone start year 13? Is anyone starting sept 5? sooo not fair. Last year 13 started on 7th or 8th

I'm starting on Sept 4th.
Original post by Felix Felicis
I've reached a dilemma brah, I'm starting to think Oxford. :redface: Help me brah, I don't think I'm gonna make it

Yes!:teeth: do it!:teeth: :coma:
Reply 142
Original post by purplemind
I'm just wondering what would happen if all 5 unis of my choice rejected me. :rolleyes:

well we have to go into school on that day too, to collect our timetable :frown:
Original post by priyanka44
Course: Medicine
AS subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths (maybe psychology too)
Universities: not sure yet :smile:

Added! :smile:
Original post by SyedaK
well we have to go into school on that day too, to collect our timetable :frown:

Probably that's just collecting timetable, I don't really know and care. :tongue: I have to be at school on Sept 3rd anyway as it is a boarding school.
Original post by Robbie242
Very interesting - I somewhat wish I continued biology but I heard the A-level becomes a pain, I did enjoy stuff such as mitosis and evolution though!. It definitely sounds like a perfect fit for you

Thank you :biggrin:. Very impressive targets you have there, I hope you meet them :smile:. Indeed it is :biggrin:

It can be a pain at times, mostly because there is a lot to learn, but I find it so interesting I really don't mind revising it :tongue: Yeah they're good! I really hope so :smile:

You're welcome! Thank you :smile: Are you aiming for all A*s or? :tongue:

Good point, it'd be a bit strange if people liked it :tongue:
That would be horrific! :eek:
Reply 146
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yes!:teeth: do it!:teeth: :coma:

Oxford bias

but then again I have Cambridge bias
When did you start getting feelings for the other place brah? :wink:

15th of August brah :redface:

Brah its ok, I personally think with your ''the ****'' ums you will blow Cambridge away and your extra maths will certainly impress them enough for a place, but its perfectly fine if you feel Oxford is a more suited maths course. I think your gonna make it wherever you go brah, think of the pokemon society though brah and other things Cambridge will offer.

Your gonna make it brah

It's not even that I may think Oxford's a more suited maths course, stupid as it may sound, I'm scared of STEP. Like, after seeing some of the people on the thread who worked so hard and still didn't make their offers...:redface: I mean, the thought of spending months of preparation for the interview and (if an offer comes) spending months for STEP prep, all that time and effort invested, the thought that all that could be decimated within a moment because of one bad day terrifies me. :redface: I dunno :dontknow: We'll see, I guess. That Pokémon society does sound tempting though. :teeth:

Original post by Pandora.
Oh I know :coma: It was a shame it fell apart like that, but it's definitely a more confident showing than at Wimbledon and the comps afterwards :yep:

If it's worth anything, Oxford would be my choice if the remark situation works out. :teeth:

Lol, thanks :lol: You'd say that though, wouldn't you you little English applicant :wink: Are you applying then?

Original post by Endless Blue
Why are you thinking Oxford now? :smile:

As above^
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 148
Original post by Lucy96
It can be a pain at times, mostly because there is a lot to learn, but I find it so interesting I really don't mind revising it :tongue: Yeah they're good! I really hope so :smile:

You're welcome! Thank you :smile: Are you aiming for all A*s or? :tongue:

Good point, it'd be a bit strange if people liked it :tongue:
That would be horrific! :eek:

Yeah that's the general vibe I heard from friends doing biology.

Haha not a chance in hell! I'm not like the crazy...crazy tsrians but I think I'll aim for A*A*A or A*AA at least, 3A* means getting an A* in economics, getting an A* in economics is wut. xD

Original post by SyedaK

Same, can't wait to meet the new lower sixth though :biggrin:
Oxford bias

but then again I have Cambridge bias

:lol:

Oxford :moon: I need to college hunting
Reply 151

Lol, thanks :lol: You'd say that though, wouldn't you you little English applicant :wink: Are you applying then?
Depends, I'll have to see what the situation is at enrolment/when we go back. Not looking like
It, but I won't give up hope. :redface:

What exactly is STEP? :holmes:
Original post by Blueray2
Same, can't wait to meet the new lower sixth though :biggrin:

I will miss my friends from last year 13. :frown:
Original post by SophF_rth
Yeah it is luckily you've only got 1 year left, I have 2 but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Did you take Maths for AS? I'm wanting to do it at least for AS which is EXACTLY the same course as I have been doing which is great :smile:

:yep: so that's the plan! I'll see how I enjoy and cope with Maths and Politics this coming year then make my decision. To-be doctor then! Sounds good, where are you wanting to apply?

I guess that's true, but yeah, you don't have to start from the beginning of the courses which is good

I did :smile: keeping it to A2 because I'm crazy. You should, especially if you like it, you get more practice time now

Great plan :smile: I'm thinking Bart's Leicester, Liverpool and Sheffield. Any places you may be thinking?

Btw, quoted lilGem below in case you haven't seen her :smile:

Original post by lilGem
Nice to see you guys have graduated to the year 13 thread :h: wishing you all the best of luck this year :smile:

Thank you so much :biggrin: hopefully it all goes well. So how many weeks now?
Original post by Lucy96
That's true, I hate rejection though, but if I got the offer from Liverpool I probably wouldn't care :tongue: Thank you, really appreciate the advice :smile:

Rejection is the worst, but its better than regretting not applying I guess (that's probably why I'm aiming high for my fifth option). Liverpool is a cool city, I'm applying there as well :smile: no problem! Happy to help
Reply 154
FOUND IT. Woo! :biggrin:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Dat MAT

:teeth:

The MATs more A level knowledge based than STEP right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will miss my friends from last year 13. :frown:

Yeah I only had a few from year 13, mainly 1 really good one :frown: But hey new people = new friends :biggrin:
Original post by Pandora.
Depends, I'll have to see what the situation is at enrolment/when we go back. Not looking like
It, but I won't give up hope. :redface:

What exactly is STEP? :holmes:

Sixth Term Entrance Paper

It is a maths paper that Cambridge (and other places) use for maths entrance... It's a killer tbf :tongue:

But Felix can handle it, so if that's the sole reason, stay at Cambridge:!

Although I've seen maths beasts defeated by it (Llewellyn) not defeated per se, missed offer.
15th of August brah :redface:

It's not even that I may think Oxford's a more suited maths course, stupid as it may sound, I'm scared of STEP. Like, after seeing some of the people on the thread who worked so hard and still didn't make their offers...:redface: I mean, the thought of spending months of preparation for the interview and (if an offer comes) spending months for STEP prep, all that time and effort invested, the thought that all that could be decimated within a moment because of one bad day terrifies me. :redface: I dunno :dontknow: We'll see, I guess. That Pokémon society does sound tempting though. :teeth:

As above^

I guess that's true. I've seen at least one user who missed their offer that I'm absolutely stunned about beyond belief. It seems like a very fair concern. However, you've already got a 1 in STEP I in year 12 so you've demonstrated already that with preparation you have the capacity to succeed at STEP. Plus, I know it's probably not nearly as difficult, but you could equally have a bad day and underperform on the MAT too? I'd go for the one you like most tbh, you've got great GCSEs and your UMS is crazy - would probably suit Cambridge more.
Reply 159
Original post by SyedaK
When does everyone start year 13? Is anyone starting sept 5? sooo not fair. Last year 13 started on 7th or 8th

In Spain we start sept 9th :biggrin:

Latest