The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by techno836
Pipe down then ..mature remember :wink: lol:

But since I'm not an actual Year 12 I don't need to be as mature as you guys :wink: And I'm the youngest Year 11! :tongue:
Reply 81
Original post by EmyJ14
But since I'm not an actual Year 12 I don't need to be as mature as you guys :wink: And I'm the youngest Year 11! :tongue:

:facepalm: what have I done?
Reply 82
Original post by EmyJ14

I know, but are you doing any AS' next year??

No, but I'll be here!

apparently so :smug:

:lol: I win!
Original post by Choppie
Good luck to all of you in your GCSE results! :biggrin:

One word of advice for Year 12/Lower Sixth - Do not waste it, thinking you'll be able to do everything in Year 13/Upper Sixth. Always meet deadlines, and become friendly with your teachers - then if something out of your control does go wrong, it is much easier to rectify, even if it does mean you have to redo something in Year 13/Upper Sixth.

And don't forget to enjoy yourselves! College is a great part of life, even with the stress you will come across. Remember that grades aren't everything - being a nice person and being organised is much more important.

Also, for those wondering what sort of stationary you need for Lower Sixth - pens, pencils, and rulers go without saying. Even in an essay subject, you may want to do some rough work with pencils, or draw something which helps you remember when it comes to revision. If you're taking physics or maths, you will be needing a scientific calculator (for maths, graphical ones can help - especially on the MEI exam board. They are expensive, however (£50ish), so try and get one second-hand).

In general for all subjects, you will want a lever-arch folder for each subject to keep at home. Have some plastic wallets to separate modules instead of paper file dividers - the holes in the paper ones will become destroyed after some use (eg. For maths, I have a plastic wallet with C1 on the front, then behind that plastic wallet, I have more for each topic in C1. A single plastic wallet should be able to hold all work on a single topic within a module). Next, you will want a ring-binder or other sort of (small) folder just to carry around with you at college - especially if you are working on the same piece of paper for several days at a time.

Lastly - and perhaps the most important with the exception of pens, pencils and a ruler - paper. You will not be given paper in college unless a friend is able to lend you some. Try not to go for the paper pads which have glued spines, but rather those that are ring-binded (pukka pads or Oxford paper is very good indeed). As for the quality of paper - you will probably want 70gsm or more for it to not decintergrate within 10 minutes of use (obviously, the higher the quality, the more costly it is). Make sure you keep stocked on paper - you will get through much more than you think.

I just wanted to highlight this point, you will end up using A LOT of paper, so don't just get 150 paged notebooks, because chances are, you'll run out before November. I used like 3 notebooks for psychology, chemistry and biology, and at least 4 for maths. You'll use a LOT of paper guys, so have enough!
Reply 84
Original post by Vionar
No, but I'll be here!

:lol: I win!

haha go back to your own thread :P
Reply 85
:facepalm: what have I done?

What have you done what?

Original post by Vionar
No, but I'll be here!

:five: So we can converse on two threads!!
Reply 86
haha go back to your own thread :P

No! I have two threads to invade now! :ahee:
Reply 87
Original post by EmyJ14

:five: We can take revenge on all the now-year twelves who had conversations on our thread! :tongue:
X

Hello everyone!
I'm restarting Year 12 so now going to be in your year :tongue: Good luck for results day y'all.

I'll be doing:
Maths (OCR)
Business Studies (AQA)
Psychology (OCR)
Gov and politics (Edexcel)
Reply 89
Original post by EmyJ14
What have you done what?

allowing the most immature y11 on :lol:

Original post by Vionar

nobody likes an invader :P
Reply 90
Pesky Year 11s. Go back to your small and irrelevant GCSEs:fatcontroller:
Reply 91

nobody likes an invader :P

I'm not here to be liked! :tongue:
Reply 92
Original post by Red Fox
Pesky Year 11s. Go back to your small and irrelevant GCSEs:fatcontroller:

Will your GCSE results be small and irrelevant? :holmes:
Original post by Vionar

Go away.

You don't do A Levels:smug:
Original post by SophF_rth
x

:console: hey! Remember me? I swear I have you on fb, right?
Reply 94
Original post by Vionar
Will your GCSE results be small and irrelevant? :holmes:
I'm A-Level now. I don't have to concern myself with them:pierre:
Reply 95
So I guess we've moved on then now huh?
Reply 96
Original post by SophF_rth
Hello everyone!
I'm restarting Year 12 so now going to be in your year :tongue: Good luck for results day y'all.

I'll be doing:
Maths (OCR)
Business Studies (AQA)
Psychology (OCR)
Gov and politics (Edexcel)

our first re-taker I believe :smile: and done, made me add 2 new ones though :-)
Reply 97
Original post by Vionar
I'm not here to be liked! :tongue:

you're not here*

Original post by Mr.Nor
So I guess we've moved on then now huh?

is that a trick question ;D
Reply 98
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Go away.

You don't do A Levels:smug:

I don't have to, I'm here for good. And nothing will change that! :tongue:

Original post by Red Fox
I'm A-Level now. I don't have to concern myself with them:pierre:

So you will not care what you get? :holmes: So that means you won't be happy or sad about them? :holmes:
Reply 99
you're not here*

You saying that just reinforces my status as being here! :tongue:

Latest