The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
I guess that's true, but yeah, you don't have to start from the beginning of the courses which is good

I did :smile: keeping it to A2 because I'm crazy. You should, especially if you like it, you get more practice time now

Great plan :smile: I'm thinking Bart's Leicester, Liverpool and Sheffield. Any places you may be thinking?

Btw, quoted lilGem below in case you haven't seen her :smile:

Yeah it's great really :wink: Bit of a head start.

That is crazy! I guess I'll see what happens really :smile: What else are you taking to A2?

Nice! I'm sure you'll get to wherever you want. I like UEA and Southampton but I'll see!

Thanks! I didn't actually :frown:
OMG....can't believe I'm going into the last year of school.. It feels like only yesterday I was starting year 7.... Mad....time flies so fast....
Reply 182
Original post by Felix Felicis
Maybe I'm over-thinking things and should take them one step at a time.

:colone: :colone:
PRSOM :ahee:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Hello everyone! :hi:

AS Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Art
A2 Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Art and picking up AS further maths
University choice: Manchester, Birmingham -the rest are undecided yet!

I'm applying for chemical engineering :h:

Hey :hat2:

Done :h:

Original post by purplemind
Course: Economics
AS: Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Polish
A2: Chemistry, Economics, Maths, Further Maths, Polish
University choices: Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL, St Andrews

Done! :biggrin:

Original post by keromedic
You remembered me, I'm really touched :h:.
Well I'm here, not applying this yr but whatevs :smile:

Of course :h:

Added you too! You get extra points for putting your username in the same format as me :tongue:

Original post by Siena4996
Hi everyone!

I'm totally new to all of this since I just got back from a year at boarding school in Texas... and before that was in the Spanish schooling system. Now I'm going to do A-levels in one year (I know it sounds crazy) and try to get into uni next year. Nice to meet everyone, I love the TSR vibe :smile:

Course: Film + TV production
AS Subjects: English Lit, Spanish, French
A2 Subjects: English Lit, Spanish, French
University choices: UEA, York, Sussex, Newcastle

Done, and welcome! :h:

Original post by WannaGetAnA
Hey!

Course: Psychology
AS: RS, Biology, Psychology, Maths
A2: RS, Biology, Psychology
Universities: Manchester, Liverpool, Lancaster, Durham, Cambridge/Newcastle (I keep changing my mind about whether it's worth me applying to cambridge)

Hi!

Done! :smile:

Original post by Robbie242
Add these details Usy please :colone:

What course: Mathematics BSC or Mmath (in general maths)
AS subjects: Maths - A (96%) Further Maths - A (~88%) History - A (85%) Economics - A (81%)
A2 subjects: Maths - A* Further Maths - A*/A Economics - A (predicted)
University choices: Cambridge, Warwick, Bristol, Durham, Bath for now

Sure :colone:
Original post by Endless Blue
Very true indeed. Have a think about it. What do you think of Oxford + the maths course in general vs Cambridge?

See that's the thing, I honestly wouldn't mind being at Oxford instead, I'd love both courses. :dontknow: It's just, I've been set on Cambridge for so long, it's become somewhat of an aspiration, I don't want to give that up. :dontknow:
Original post by lilGem
Nice to see you guys have graduated to the year 13 thread :h: wishing you all the best of luck this year :smile:

Hello! I hear you either retook a year or a subject? Any advice for me, I'm planning on retaking year 12 :tongue:
Reply 186
Original post by usycool1

Done :h:

Of course :h:

Added you too! You get extra points for putting your username in the same format as me :tongue:

Done, and welcome! :h:

Hi!

Done! :smile:

Sure :colone:

well done for clearing it up lol, it just looked messy when I did it :tongue:
Original post by SyedaK

That's probably on the 4th or 5th. The first week back, I feel excited too and then after the second week, I can't even remember why I was excited. It always happens

It always goes that way, then by the end of the first week I'd wish it were summer again

Original post by SophF_rth
Yeah it's great really :wink: Bit of a head start.

That is crazy! I guess I'll see what happens really :smile: What else are you taking to A2?

Nice! I'm sure you'll get to wherever you want. I like UEA and Southampton but I'll see!

Thanks! I didn't actually :frown:

Ah fair enough. I'm keeping biology, chemistry and psychology

They're good unis, hopefully you'll be able to apply there next year :smile:
Original post by Paramore<3
*Cliche alert* IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN :eek:

Geography

AS subjects: Geography (A), English literature (A), psychology (A), Japanese (B)

A2 subjects: Geography, English literature, Japanese (and EPQ)

Universities + Decisions: Cambridge (hahahaha... :confused:), Exeter, Leeds... others still in the balance. :colondollar:

I am Keron's smart slave :P

Give Usy (still trying to figure out his real name) your subject info plz :smile:
Reply 190
Hmmm, that's true I guess. I mean (without sounding too arrogant) that with months of STEP prep, I could do the papers successfully at the comfort of my desk but **** gets serious when you're sitting there in the exam hall and exam pressure messes with your mind. I mean, I was doing better in past papers leading up to the exam and then on the day, the pressure that if I get anything below a 1 might harm my application got to me and (imo) I under-performed, I made some of the daftest mistakes on the paper. :doh: I can't even imagine how I'd feel with a uni place hanging on the line. :redface: That's true that I could screw up on the MAT as well I guess and if I did, course I'd be disappointed if I didn't get called for an interview but I'd get over it. For Cambridge, the thought of prepping for the interview (and if I get an offer) investing so much time and effort into STEP all to be left disappointed on results day, that would hurt a lot more. :redface: I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking things, maybe I should just take things one step (:colone:) at a time.

Yeah - that's pretty much me in a nutshell as well haha. I can definitely see your point, it's your choice at the end of the day. I personally think that if I applied to Oxford I'd stand a better chance now with my A-levels but I'd rather apply to Cambridge as I haven't even visited Oxford!

Nice pun, that was swarve :colone:
Is anyone else also gapping?
Original post by usycool1

Thanks usy :smile:
Am I supposed to be reading your username in a special way to get it?
I only realised in the past few months that justineawe was meant to be read "just in awe" and Felix Felicitis was a HP reference.
Wait...is it meant to be "You see cool one"?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pandora.
We have very different ideas of fun! :lol:

Nope, why did you think that? :smile:

:teehee:

I just thought you were... All the hate you spewed for it:tongue:
See that's the thing, I honestly wouldn't mind being at Oxford instead, I'd love both courses. :dontknow: It's just, I've been set on Cambridge for so long, it's become somewhat of an aspiration, I don't want to give that up. :dontknow:

Do that organ foundation scholarship thing... Apply to both :h:
Give Usy (still trying to figure out his real name) your subject info plz :smile:

Hahaha, dat quote edit xD I have :P Lol, I'm sure he's busy filling in other people's ones, too.
Original post by Robbie242
Yeah - that's pretty much me in a nutshell as well haha. I can definitely see your point, it's your choice at the end of the day. I personally think that if I applied to Oxford I'd stand a better chance now with my A-levels but I'd rather apply to Cambridge as I haven't even visited Oxford!

Nice pun, that was swarve :colone:

Fair enough I guess, I've only done a MAT paper once but I'll start looking into them again as I'll need them for Imperial anyway.

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mynameisntbobk

Ah fair enough. I'm keeping biology, chemistry and psychology

They're good unis, hopefully you'll be able to apply there next year :smile:

Good to hear. What exam board are you on for Psych?

Yeah, I hope so. will see how it goes, is it weird to think this time next year you'll be getting ready to go to uni?
Hahaha, dat quote edit xD I have :P Maybe I didn't ask nicely, if you're reading this usy, please could you edit me in :puppyeyes:

Fair enough I guess, I've only done a MAT paper once but I'll start looking into them again as I'll need them for Imperial anyway.

Isn't MAT pretty easy, like AEA?
Original post by Choppie
Computer Science
AS: Physics, Maths, Computing, Early Modern History.
A2: Physics, Maths, Computing
Wanted Uni: University of Exeter

Done :smile:
Is anyone else intrigued by courses like "Dance and movement studies with business"? I'm considering "maths with music" as my 5th non med course!!
Reply 198
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:teehee:

I just thought you were... All the hate you spewed for it:tongue:
:lol: Yeah, that makes sense actually. Prepare for another onslaught of Maths hate this year. :tongue: I love it really.

Oh - I've just found my summer homework list. On it, I've written "practice chain rule/p.r./q.r."
Anyone know what I could be on about? :s-smilie:
Reply 199
Is anyone else intrigued by courses like "Dance and movement studies with business"? I'm considering "maths with music" as my 5th non med course!!

They don't sound serious enough for me but they are quite funny to hear about xD I couldn't stand going up to any employer saying I did maths with dance or something lolol

Latest