The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Red Fox
GCSEs are boring as **** though, can't wait to start AS.

Agreed. I also can't wait to drop so many subjects!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by Vionar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't wait to drop English, the subject i hate the most
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Haha :awesome:

I think AS was harsh this year :erm:

Well that and that fact I did no work :colondollar: but I've learnt...

Did you recieve any A level grades last week? :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by zerock
Can't wait to drop English, the subject i hate the most

I can't wait to drop English lang, I hate that subject! Lit is ok-ish though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
Original post by Vionar

That's one of the best things, if not the best, about Sixth Form in my eyes. :smile: I didn't necessarily find most of my GCSEs too hard (although I struggled about with sciences despite loving science), I generally just found that having twelve subjects meant I didn't know where to focus my efforts, what with so many teachers asking so many different things of me. I lost out on a lot of science revision, Music coursework and App. Business coursework time because I was trying to finish my Systems and Product Design coursework. In the end I think I probably could have spent a bit less time on Systems and Product Design - my teachers gave me 100% in both pieces of coursework however I know some people who were also graded 100% who wrote far less in their evaluations etc.

Ah well. C'est la vie.
Original post by SophF_rth
Well that and that fact I did no work :colondollar: but I've learnt...

Did you recieve any A level grades last week? :smile:

Aah :redface:

Yeah :frown: too many narrow misses for my liking
Reply 126
Original post by Vionar
I can't wait to drop English lang, I hate that subject! Lit is ok-ish though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, i love how in Lit you can let your mind drift off and come up with all these crazy theories about what the author is trying to say :biggrin:
Aah :redface:

Yeah :frown: too many narrow misses for my liking

Ah shame to hear about that :frown: will ya be resitting any? :/

What are you taking this coming year?
Reply 128
Original post by tsjmcgrath
That's one of the best things, if not the best, about Sixth Form in my eyes. :smile: I didn't necessarily find most of my GCSEs too hard (although I struggled about with sciences despite loving science), I generally just found that having twelve subjects meant I didn't know where to focus my efforts, what with so many teachers asking so many different things of me. I lost out on a lot of science revision, Music coursework and App. Business coursework time because I was trying to finish my Systems and Product Design coursework. In the end I think I probably could have spent a bit less time on Systems and Product Design - my teachers gave me 100% in both pieces of coursework however I know some people who were also graded 100% who wrote far less in their evaluations etc.

Ah well. C'est la vie.

I think being able to start afresh (if you got to a new place) will be the best for me!
I agree, I have no idea how I'm going to manage revision for so many subjects!
Wow, well done on 100% though! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophF_rth
Ah shame to hear about that :frown: will ya be resitting any? :/

What are you taking this coming year?

C3! And a remark for History:smile:

F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French and Geography :yep: (welsh bacc too)
Reply 130
Original post by zerock
yep, i love how in Lit you can let your mind drift off and come up with all these crazy theories about what the author is trying to say :biggrin:

It's amazing, there are so many different things that he or she could e saying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 131
Original post by Vionar
I think being able to start afresh (if you got to a new place) will be the best for me!
I agree, I have no idea how I'm going to manage revision for so many subjects!
Wow, well done on 100% though! :biggrin:

I'm staying at my current school, I couldn't even imagine leaving it before Sixth Form! I already know most of the teachers so that gives me a bit of a head start - I don't know my Economics teacher too well but I got to know him a bit in the induction lesson and he seems really good. :smile: But I'm starting afresh with new stationery :biggrin:

GCSEs were awful, trying to juggle so many! I'm glad that I can just focus on four now, it makes it less intense. It'll probably still be stressful at times, but I'll work harder this year than I did in GCSE to make it a bit easier for myself. :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Hopefully my marks in coursework won't have changed - my Product Design teacher sometimes examines work himself so he knows what he's doing, but I guess there's always a small chance of it happening.
Reply 132
Original post by Vionar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh, no more English, Biology, Spanish, R.E, Geography or P.E. Freedom feels good:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 133
Original post by tsjmcgrath
I'm staying at my current school, I couldn't even imagine leaving it before Sixth Form! I already know most of the teachers so that gives me a bit of a head start - I don't know my Economics teacher too well but I got to know him a bit in the induction lesson and he seems really good. :smile: But I'm starting afresh with new stationery :biggrin:

GCSEs were awful, trying to juggle so many! I'm glad that I can just focus on four now, it makes it less intense. It'll probably still be stressful at times, but I'll work harder this year than I did in GCSE to make it a bit easier for myself. :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: Hopefully my marks in coursework won't have changed - my Product Design teacher sometimes examines work himself so he knows what he's doing, but I guess there's always a small chance of it happening.

I could! And I can't wait! Only one more year to go! :biggrin:
So which subjects (other than economics) are you doing?
New stationary is amazing! :ahee:

It'll definitely be stressful! You can be sure of that! :tongue:

Yeah, I should hope that the teachers know what they're doing! :tongue: I'm sure you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 134
Original post by Red Fox
Ahhh, no more English, Biology, Spanish, R.E, Geography or P.E. Freedom feel good:biggrin:

I like biology! Sometimes geography, I'd like Spanish if I did it and RE can be interesting, emphasis on the can! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by Vionar
I like biology! Sometimes geography, I'd like Spanish if I did it and RE can be interesting, emphasis on the can! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but 5 years of them is enough for me:lol:
C3! And a remark for History:smile:

F.Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French and Geography :yep: (welsh bacc too)

Hope all goes to plan! That must be A2 History as I'm sure you were doing it last year too!

Nice! You're going to have so many A level at the end of this! :eek:
Reply 137
Original post by Vionar
:five: We can take revenge on all the now-year twelves who had conversations on our thread! :tongue:

:five: Awesome!

Original post by techno836
allowing the most immature y11 on :lol:

I said youngest, I'm not necessarily the more immature :tongue:
Although technically I'm meant to be a Year 10 next year :wink:

Original post by Red Fox
Pesky Year 11s. Go back to your small and irrelevant GCSEs:fatcontroller:

Some of us are doing AS' next year though :wink:
Reply 138
Original post by Vionar
I could! And I can't wait! Only one more year to go! :biggrin:
So which subjects (other than economics) are you doing?
New stationary is amazing! :ahee:

It'll definitely be stressful! You can be sure of that! :tongue:

Yeah, I should hope that the teachers know what they're doing! :tongue: I'm sure you'll be fine!

Well obviously I want to leave when it comes to uni, but I wouldn't want to go to another Sixth Form. My local Grammar (LRGS if you're really interested) flickered through my mind as they get extremely good results generally speaking, but I figured I'd probably prefer the atmosphere at my current school. :smile:

Maths, History and Product Design. I'll probably try and take Critical Thinking too, even though it's not accepted by many unis, and probably the EPQ. Not sure on a subject yet but I'll figure it out! :biggrin:

It is :biggrin: I bought a folder and some rubbers off Amazon because I was also buying some books from there - my brother mocked me for it but I didn't really care. :wink:

Fun times :P

Guys we're the first year with no January exams, aren't we? :cry2: