The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
They really need a "who quoted me" section on the app. I always accidentally ignore people :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

View TSR from ur phone browser every hour or so to see whether you've missed anything :smile:
Original post by SophF_rth
Ah same as me, how did you do?
I'm not sure if the exam was harder or our new teachers were rubbish because a lot of people got considerably lower than expected.

Yeah I bet! :eek:

I got an A :smile: I thought the exam itself was pretty comparable to others, but there were more and harder essays than usual, and I have a feeling that papers were marked more harshly this time around
Original post by Felix Felicis
Sorry, fell asleep. :lol: That backhand last night as well, especially when I thought he was going to break back on the last game, flipped dat ****. :coma: It's a shame, he had his chances, just had a drop in concentration on his first game of the third set and gave Nadal a break. :dontknow:

Spoiler

Done! :biggrin:

Maths...nice :wink:
Original post by usycool1
Done! :biggrin:

Maths...nice :wink:

Cheers bro, much appreciated. :wink:
It's actually amazing how many people do all science subjects/maths. You lot are missing out on some beautiful essay subjects :wink: Though I guess you could say I'm missing out on the sciences a lot. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
View TSR from ur phone browser every hour or so to see whether you've missed anything :smile:

Yeah that's a good idea actually :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Spoiler

:smile:
I can't make up mi mind about which Camb college to choose. :frown:
King's looks amazing but I was told that they don't like people from independent schools. Pembroke is nice too and I heard they have the best food. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucy96
It's actually amazing how many people do all science subjects/maths. You lot are missing out on some beautiful essay subjects :wink: Though I guess you could say I'm missing out on the sciences a lot. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm dropping maths, I hated it this year :smile: what essay subjects are you doing?
Original post by WannaGetAnA
I'm dropping maths, I hated it this year :smile: what essay subjects are you doing?

Ahh maths, I really hated it at GCSE, I would have definitely failed it if I took it at AS! English Literature and History (I do one science, Biology) You? :smile:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I got an A :smile: I thought the exam itself was pretty comparable to others, but there were more and harder essays than usual, and I have a feeling that papers were marked more harshly this time around

Well done! Personally, i quite liked it and thiught if i had done more revision i would have been fine. Two of my friends got an A and a D so it was confusing.
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

For NatSci/Chemistry:

AS Subjects: Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), History (A), French(A), General Studies (A).
A2 Subjects: Maths, FM, Biology, Chemistry (and maybe History - haven't decided!)
Uni choices: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick/Bristol/Durham (2 of these).
Original post by adi19956
Applying for physics :smile:
AS subjects: maths, physics, economics, chemistry
A2 subjects: maths, physics, economics
Thinking of applying to Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield and Liverpool.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Done! :smile:
Original post by purplemind
I can't make up mi mind about which Camb college to choose. :frown:
King's looks amazing but I was told that they don't like people from independent schools. Pembroke is nice too and I heard they have the best food. :tongue:

Never lose sight.

Pembroke > King's > ... > Oxford > St John's.

:colone:
Original post by keromedic
Is anyone else also gapping?

Thanks usy :smile:
Am I supposed to be reading your username in a special way to get it?
I only realised in the past few months that justineawe was meant to be read "just in awe" and Felix Felicitis was a HP reference.
Wait...is it meant to be "You see cool one"?

Ha, no, but I love that! :rofl:

It's just a random username I made :dontknow: Well actually, my friend made it for me years and year ago and I've used it since. :tongue:
Never lose sight.

But you know, on the open days, there were 2 rooms to visit. I liked the one in a new building but I didn't like the second one. :s-smilie: And I was told you can't change rooms and I would like a nice view from the window. :colone:
If everyone had problems like me... xD
Original post by chigyy
Not quite sure what I'm applying for at the moment, but have Maths in mind.
J
AS: Chemistry, Maths, Business, Accounting.
A2: Chemistry, Maths, Business.
Uni choices: Sheffield, Queen Mary, Surrey,.....That's it for now.

Probably best if you quite usy, I've quoted him for you :smile:
x

QFA

Original post by SophF_rth
Well done! Personally, i quite liked it and thiught if i had done more revision i would have been fine. Two of my friends got an A and a D so it was confusing.

Thank you :smile: I really liked it as well, especially the 12 marker
Yeah same in my sixth form, a LOT of people doing worse than expected. One of my friends got 100 in unit 1 in Jan wks got a D in this one
Reply 237
Never lose sight.

100% this
Reply 238
Original post by SyedaK
I envy your location!!. Is it just your school or very other school

Every school! But we don't have mid-term though; from September-December without stopping :frown: however, we always start our summer holidays end of June :P That, and the weather, are basically the only things I like about Spain hahahaha Wish I was British :colondollar:
Original post by Endless Blue
Sorry to burden you with yet more details...

Course: Law

AS Levels: Maths, Chemistry, History and Government & Politics - AAAA

A2: Maths, History and Government & Politics - Predictions TBC

Universities (considering): Oxford/Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Durham, Bristol, Manchester, Warwick, Liverpool.

I will update it when I know more :h:

No need to apologise, done! :biggrin:

Original post by chigyy
Not quite sure what I'm applying for at the moment, but have Maths in mind.

AS: Chemistry, Maths, Business, Accounting.
A2: Chemistry, Maths, Business.
Uni choices: Sheffield, Queen Mary, Surrey,.....That's it for now.

I've put you under maths for now :yep: If there are any changes, let me know! :smile:

Original post by Lucy96
Thank you very much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem at all! :biggrin:

Latest