The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by alindp
Every school! But we don't have mid-term though; from September-December without stopping :frown: however, we always start our summer holidays end of June :P That, and the weather, are basically the only things I like about Spain hahahaha Wish I was British :colondollar:

I had a spanish family live in my house for a while. The children had really nice tan. I'd love to go spain. Hahah Britain has funny weather. It'll be sunny in the morning and then suddenly rain. Messes up your day.:frown:
Reply 241
Original post by usycool1

Sure, any specific courses you have in mind? :smile:

Sorry! International Relations :biggrin:
Original post by S4LM4N

Spoiler

:smile:

Done! :biggrin:

Original post by TheBigGeek
For NatSci/Chemistry:

AS Subjects: Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), History (A), French(A), General Studies (A).
A2 Subjects: Maths, FM, Biology, Chemistry (and maybe History - haven't decided!)
Uni choices: Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Warwick/Bristol/Durham (2 of these).

Added! :smile:

Original post by mddub39
Sorry! International Relations :biggrin:

No worries, done! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Finished updating the uni list (for now :colone:)...phew! :tongue:

If you see any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them! :biggrin: If you still want to be added, feel free to quote me! :h:
Reply 244
Can we agree that this thread won't vanish halfway through the year like last year's year 13 thread? I couldn't survive without my online home. :lol:
Reply 245
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

University courses

If you'd like to make any changes, just quote me. :h:

Psychology

Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Music.

Biology, Mathematics and Music.

University of Glasgow, Queen's University and University of Ulster.

Also applying for Mathematics :P.

Original post by toreilly102

Psychology

Also applying for Mathematics :P.

Original post by Pandora.
Can we agree that this thread won't vanish halfway through the year like last year's year 13 thread? I couldn't survive without my online home. :lol:

Definitely not! :eek3: The year 13 threads from the past two years died very quickly...we're not gonna do the same :noway:
Reply 248

Thank you! :biggrin: :P
Reply 249
Definitely not! :eek3: The year 13 threads from the past two years died very quickly...we're not gonna do the same :noway:
:five: Glad to hear it! :biggrin: I'll be posting every day anyway, even if no one else does. :tongue:
:five: Glad to hear it! :biggrin: I'll be posting every day anyway, even if no one else does. :tongue:

I may not be on as frequently next year, I imagine myself being much busier. :ashamed2:

I'll always be present :h: but I'm not year 13 :cry:
Reply 252
Original post by Felix Felicis
I may not be on as frequently next year, I imagine myself being much busier. :ashamed2:
But...but.... :sad:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'll always be present :h: but I'm not year 13 :cry:
I think you belong to every year group :lol:
Original post by mynameisntbobk

Thank you :smile: I really liked it as well, especially the 12 marker
Yeah same in my sixth form, a LOT of people doing worse than expected. One of my friends got 100 in unit 1 in Jan wks got a D in this one

You're welcome! Yeah that wasn't too bad at all. Well, in that case maybe it wasn't entirely down to the teacher!
With an A at AS, to get an A* next year, do I need 180/200 at A2? Sorry, I'm a pain when it comes to understanding the A* :tongue:
Reply 255
Original post by mynameisntbobk

Thank you so much :biggrin: hopefully it all goes well. So how many weeks now?

5 weeks :eek:
Reply 256
Original post by keromedic
Are you not going to consider doing FM AS?

I was talking to my teachers about it.
Reply 257
Original post by Lucy96
With an A at AS, to get an A* next year, do I need 180/200 at A2? Sorry, I'm a pain when it comes to understanding the A* :tongue:

You need 90% at A2 overall so yes 180/200 since 200 x 0.90 = 180
Reply 258
Original post by SophF_rth
Hello! I hear you either retook a year or a subject? Any advice for me, I'm planning on retaking year 12 :tongue:

;hi:

I didn't technically retake a year, I did a further year due to illness :colondollar:

If you're doing similar subjects you would have a grounding in it already, so it would mainly be about perfecting exam technique and having a greater understanding of the content. Work consistently but don't burn yourself out; if you don't understand something then ask rather than a few days before exams otherwise that will stress you out; start revising early so it won't be a last minute rush :smile:
Reply 259
Am I the only who has university choices affected by location? I'm from Bournemouth and could just never imagine going somewhere as far as say, Newcastle.

Latest