The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by mddub39
Am I the only who has university choices affected by location? I'm from Bournemouth and could just never imagine going somewhere as far as say, Newcastle.
I don't know, personally. I doubt I'd be going home at weekends or anything so it would matter how far I go. I'd be just as homesick regardless of distance anyway. :tongue:
Reply 261
Original post by mddub39
Am I the only who has university choices affected by location? I'm from Bournemouth and could just never imagine going somewhere as far as say, Newcastle.

Location but in a different sense - I want to get as far away from London as possible :lol: so I'm applying to places such as Cambridge, Warwick, Bristol, Durham and Bath (and maybe Nottingham)
Original post by Robbie242
You need 90% at A2 overall so yes 180/200 since 200 x 0.90 = 180

Thank you :h:
Original post by Paramore<3
200/200 on geography AS. :woo: Since it's 'my' subject, felt like I needed to do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait a minute! Weren't you worrying about that one the other day? :tongue:

You should be very proud of yourself, that's an AMAZING feat! :clap2:
Original post by mddub39

Well, sort of. I don't want to be close to home (because that's boring to me and I want to see something new!) but my mum doesn't want me to be far away. So we've had to compromise. Luckily, I live in the Midlands, so I've still got a decent range, whereas I can see why you'd be a bit limited!
Reply 265
Original post by mddub39

Yes. I'm from around you and I just can't imagine going somewhere so close as London, Southampton or Exeter etc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Original post by lilGem
;hi:

I didn't technically retake a year, I did a further year due to illness :colondollar:

If you're doing similar subjects you would have a grounding in it already, so it would mainly be about perfecting exam technique and having a greater understanding of the content. Work consistently but don't burn yourself out; if you don't understand something then ask rather than a few days before exams otherwise that will stress you out; start revising early so it won't be a last minute rush :smile:

Ah okay, that's the same as one of my sisters actually. Hope you're better now :smile:

Thanks, great advice and I'll take it on board! It was very last minute or me this year. Luckily 3/4 of my subjects are the same which will make it easier :smile:

You're off to uni this year? What/where are you studying? :smile:
Reply 267
Original post by ethery
Wait a minute! Weren't you worrying about that one the other day? :tongue:

You should be very proud of yourself, that's an AMAZING feat! :clap2:

Haha, yes, that was me! :smile: I'm obviously crap at evaluating my own performance. :redface:

Thank you so much! I didn't want to go around shouting about it, but it was a really nice surprise. Thanks for the bragging space. :colone:
Reply 268
Original post by SophF_rth
Ah okay, that's the same as one of my sisters actually. Hope you're better now :smile:

Thanks, great advice and I'll take it on board! It was very last minute or me this year. Luckily 3/4 of my subjects are the same which will make it easier :smile:

You're off to uni this year? What/where are you studying? :smile:

I am :h:

oh that's good! which subjects are you doing?

UEA to do biological sciences :biggrin:
Original post by purplemind
Tbh, I didn't spend to much time with year 11s. I preffered staying with people from my year or year 13. They seemed to loud and immature sometimes. :tongue:
But now, there will be 2 new year 12 Polish girls in my school so I am happy about that. :biggrin:

Original post by SyedaK
I have a feeling there'll be a bit of rivalry at first between year 12 and 13, since we'll all be big headed and think we rule the place or something.

No no I mean i'm excited about seeing the new people enter the school. :smile:
I keep on going on the year 12 thread thinking its ours :colondollar:
Original post by Pandora.
But...but.... :sad:

I think you belong to every year group :lol:

:woo: this thread is a favourite!
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I keep on going on the year 12 thread thinking its ours :colondollar:

:rofl: Its so sad to think we are nearly adults now!! :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
University choices! :afraid:

If you're thinking about applying to university and want your choices in the list below, quote this post and I'll add them in for you! :biggrin:

Information you may wish to add:

What course you're going to apply for.

Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).

Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).

What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).

Q. What course you're going to apply for.
A. Maths

Q. Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).
A. Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics, Computing, ICT, French, EPQ (AS equivalent)

Q. Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).
A. Actual A2/EPQ grades: Maths (A*), Further Maths (A*), ICT (A), EPQ (A*)
Predicted A2 grades: Physics (A*), Computing (A*), French (A*), Additional Further Maths (A*)

Q. What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).
A. Cambridge, Princeton, Warwick.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by WillManson
Q. What course you're going to apply for.
A. Maths

Q. Your AS subjects (and grades if you like).
A. Maths, Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics, Computing, ICT, French, EPQ (AS equivalent)

Q. Your A2 subjects (and predicted/actual grades if you want to).
A. Actual A2/EPQ grades: Maths (A*), Further Maths (A*), ICT (A), EPQ (A*)
Predicted A2 grades: Physics (A*), Computing (A*), French (A*), Additional Further Maths (A*)

Q. What universities you're thinking of applying to and their decisions (when it comes to that).
A. Cambridge, Princeton, Warwick.

Spoiler

Impressive bro, those are a lot of subjects! Did you sit Maths and FM this year by any chance?
Boo. Anybody going to Cambridge STEM summer school thing tomorrow? Please say yes somebody. I feel lonely already.

Please.
Original post by Felix Felicis

Spoiler

Impressive bro, those are a lot of subjects! Did you sit Maths and FM this year by any chance?

I self-taught A2 Maths, which I finished by Year 11. I finished A2 Further Maths this year (at my sixth-form college) and now I'm self-teaching A2 Additional Further Maths. :smile:

Your results are incredibly impressive! I noticed your stupendously high UMS on the stalking page. Seriously, 99.4%?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Boo. Anybody going to Cambridge STEM summer school thing tomorrow? Please say yes somebody. I feel lonely already.

Please.

Nope, but I am going to the Sutton Trust one at Cambridge tomorrow? :redface:
Original post by Blueray2
:rofl: Its so sad to think we are nearly adults now!! :biggrin:

Really don't want that day to come :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Really don't want that day to come :tongue:

#fewmonths till 18 :gah:

Latest