The Student Room Group

Greenhead college students?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PoisonSky
Truth is, I wasn't too sure about the fourth subject at the time of applying, but I had to write something down! I'm completely sure I want to take German now. I think I might not have done as well in GCSE economics anyway

Did you take German at GCSE? Ooh are you planning on going on that Alton Towers trip? :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by jadeey97
Did you take German at GCSE? Ooh are you planning on going on that Alton Towers trip? :smile:

Yeah, the German coursework and exams went smoothly for me, I should hopefully get an A* in that. And I am going to the Alton Towers trip, yes, looking forward to that a lot :smile:
Reply 22
Yeah, the German coursework and exams went smoothly for me, I should hopefully get an A* in that. And I am going to the Alton Towers trip, yes, looking forward to that a lot :smile:

ahh good good but still good luck! Ah cool, you'll see me there! :smile:
Reply 23
By the way, what's the dress code at Greenhead? I don't actually know. Can you wear jeans?
Reply 24
By the way, what's the dress code at Greenhead? I don't actually know. Can you wear jeans?

There's no dress code.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Namige
There's no dress code.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great :smile: I don't have to buy loads of smart clothes then. I think in the first week I'll still go smart casual though, to give a reasonable first impression to the teachers. And another question, do you think the lockers are big enough to fit a tennis racket in?
Reply 26
Great :smile: I don't have to buy loads of smart clothes then. I think in the first week I'll still go smart casual though, to give a reasonable first impression to the teachers. And another question, do you think the lockers are big enough to fit a tennis racket in?
No, I dont think you can as the lockers are pretty small. But I could be wrong, as I don't know the exact size of either the tennis racket or locker.
Reply 27
Hey guys! What are the chances of me getting a place if i re apply on results day? I applied but i didnt get a place and only a few others did. I absolutely HATE my school atm and dont want to stay there for sixth form. do you think there will be any spare places on results day?
Reply 28
Original post by DrCrayCray
Hey guys! What are the chances of me getting a place if i re apply on results day? I applied but i didnt get a place and only a few others did. I absolutely HATE my school atm and dont want to stay there for sixth form. do you think there will be any spare places on results day?

I'd contact them, you might as well try I guess. It can't hurt to register your interest, as they'll probably have a few people they accepted but who don't actually claim their place for whatever reason.
Reply 29
yeah thats what i thought. although to get there everyday id have to take a train/bus and a loooongg walk. is it worth it or should i just go to a local sixth form
Reply 30
Original post by DrCrayCray
yeah thats what i thought. although to get there everyday id have to take a train/bus and a loooongg walk. is it worth it or should i just go to a local sixth form

Well there's no harm in applying but have a back up that's local just in case.
Reply 31
I forgot to ask but is your enrollment day on Tuesday? And how did ya results go? :smile:
Reply 32
I've been told to go in at 2.15pm on Tuesday. I've got a total of 9.5A*, 2A at GCSE and and A in FSMQ Additional Maths, even got full UMS for EngLit, well chuffed :smile:
Reply 33
Hey do you think I will be able to get into Greenhead College with mock results of 3A* and 7A's?
Reply 34
Original post by Datta10
Hey do you think I will be able to get into Greenhead College with mock results of 3A* and 7A's?

Are you from a feeder school? If so then definitely as you only need 5A*-C. If you're not then ask your teachers.
Reply 35
Original post by Datta10

If your predictions are around the same standard as your mocks and you don't say anything horrific in your interview, I'd say you're almost 100% likely to get in. You're above the kind of standard for non-feeder offers from last year. Out of interest, which subjects are you planning to study?

If you're from a feeder school, of course, then you're 100% going to get an offer anyway.
Reply 36
My predictions are 2A* 2A & 3B plus I have already achieved 2A and 2B in year 10. I am from a non feeder school and unsure whether my grades are good enough to get in. Does anyone know if these May get me a place as I'm not sure how high the standard is for non feeder schools!
Reply 37
If your predictions are around the same standard as your mocks and you don't say anything horrific in your interview, I'd say you're almost 100% likely to get in. You're above the kind of standard for non-feeder offers from last year. Out of interest, which subjects are you planning to study?

If you're from a feeder school, of course, then you're 100% going to get an offer anyway.

I'm wanting to study science subjects and computing?
Reply 38
Original post by Datta10
I'm wanting to study science subjects and computing?

If you mean biology chemistry physics and computing, that won't be allowed... you have to take at least single maths with physics. And if the thought of taking A-level maths fills you with despair, I'd really suggest that physics A-level wouldn't suit you either. But anyway, like I said with predictions like yours you really should be getting an offer
Reply 39
Original post by Jenko16
My predictions are 2A* 2A & 3B plus I have already achieved 2A and 2B in year 10. I am from a non feeder school and unsure whether my grades are good enough to get in. Does anyone know if these may get me a place as I'm not sure how high the standard is for non feeder schools!

The standard varies depending on the subjects you choose. Generally, subjects like chemistry are more commonly oversubscribed than subjects like German.

I came from a non-feeder school too, last year people from my school with predictions roughly similar to yours did get offers, but predictions worse than that (ie. more Bs than As) generally didn't. Greenhead I think place much more emphasis on mock exam results, so if you haven't already done them yet, revise well! If you've already done your mocks and they went great, expect an offer around April; if you've done your mocks and got results worse than your predictions, you can use the interview to explain them.

If you could tell me your mock results, which subjects you're planning to study and your predictions and mock results for those particular subjects (if applicable) I could be more specific

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending