The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snikutsmullac
I don't think it's gonna be hardcore science like chemistry, biology and physics... if it was an extremely science based subject, you'd need a good grade in science GCSEs to do it at A-Level, and I've only ever heard of you needing English Language to study it.

In the college I'm looking it I don't need English to study(could be because I'm welsh) I may look into it then, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basket case
In the college I'm looking it I don't need English to study(could be because I'm welsh) I may look into it then, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't just take my word for it, i'm just guessing
Reply 4822
Original post by NinjaPandaa
ah cool, I'm thinking economics at the moment maybe

I'm thinking of that too, are you taking Further Maths at A level? :smile:
Results day keeps lurking, it's ruining such a good summer lool I just want my results now
Original post by suuupppp
Hey guys,

Just wondering, When sixth forms ask for a grade B in "English" Do they mean English language or Literature? Or combined?

Regards

English Language. That's the case for my school atleast.
Reply 4825
Original post by sneakbo2
Results day keeps lurking, it's ruining such a good summer lool I just want my results now

are you gonna go to school to get them?
Did anyone do the Edexcel triple science exams or the AQA Geography exams? If so, how did everyone find them?
Original post by Benathletics
Did anyone do the Edexcel triple science exams or the AQA Geography exams? If so, how did everyone find them?

Edexcel Triple Science - Walk in the park
Original post by Aneesah_May
I dont do geography but im feeling the same for history im aiming for A* as I got this in the first exam and it excited me but then I got an A in the second exam and coursework so I was told I need almost full marks. However the worst exam I did I was expecting a dif topic to come anxiety set in as soon as I opened the paper then on question 4 I did this stupid thing where I folded the paper so its easier to write on flipped it over wrote another full page. 10 mins left and I think im done however flick through and I accidentally wrote a full page for question 3 so had to cross it out rewrite it and I only wrote a paragraph for it

Your situation sounds similar to mine-I got full UMS(A*) in the first unit then only 73 UMS(B) for Unit 2 and resitting didn't improve it but I got good coursework around 94 UMS(A*) so I need 93 UMS(A*) for an A* and the exam went terribly.

I too did something really stupid in the Geography exam but it wasn't half as bad as writing a full page of A4 and having to cross it out-I got my directions missed up and wrote a paragraph on the wrong area on a map and had to cross it out and it made my actual answer look squashed and hard to read.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I need to get my mind out of the gutter it's unreal.

Lawwll innuendos make everything seem better.
Is there a set time that everyone goes in to get their results or does it vary with different schools?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muhammed1702
Is there a set time that everyone goes in to get their results or does it vary with different schools?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It varies. My school, for some silly reason, opens for results at 10am whilst most schools open at 9am.
Original post by Martello736
Can anyone tell me, I did my Linear Maths in March, and got an A overall. I retook in June in the hope of getting an A* but it was abysmal and I gave up half way through and I think I probably ended up with a C/D. Will it still say on my results sheet that I got an A alongside my grade Ds or whatever?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure it won't be on your results sheet-only courses/modules which you completed
this summer will be on the sheet and I have more bad news for you on your UCAS application form, which you complete and send off to universities at the start of Year 13, you will have to declare all full GCSE results including resits so that means the C/D and the A.I have kept all my results sheets bar the January 2011 one which I managed to lose somehow so that I can hand them into my college because the GCSEs I completed in Y9/Y10 will not be on there but luckily I didn't complete any GCSEs in January 2011 and back then I didn't have to good results an A,C and a D and the A was in coursework.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4833

I did aqa geography! Thought the papers were ok but didn't really like some of the case study questions :/ how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys, is there any subject easier than physics at AS Level? Please advice like really something easier than that because for medicine Biology and Chemistry are the main subjects so i need one more and i am not too sure about physics
Original post by Liv_97
I did aqa geography! Thought the papers were ok but didn't really like some of the case study questions :/ how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the physical geography paper a lot easier than the human geography paper! One question in the human paper was silly... it went something like 'List 2 external factors that will affect tourism' what did you do for that? (if you remember.) If my memory serves me well I put weather and advertisements. Also, the case study about a country whose development has been hindered by a natural hazard was a stupid question! :angry:
Original post by snikutsmullac
Edexcel Triple Science - Walk in the park

I agree with you on B3! However... C3 and P3 were extremely challenging, I'm glad I'm only going on to study human biology and psychology!
I agree with you on B3! However... C3 and P3 were extremely challenging, I'm glad I'm only going on to study human biology and psychology!

I found P3 the hardest out of them all, but Chemistry and Biology are my two best subjects so I found them great. Good luck to you on thursday!
Original post by parasagarwal01
guys, is there any subject easier than physics at AS Level? Please advice like really something easier than that because for medicine Biology and Chemistry are the main subjects so i need one more and i am not too sure about physics

Physics is great though, I'm hopefully going to take it for AS and A2, you could look at what Universities are asking for, and which of them subjects fit in with the option blocks you have to work around :smile:
Reply 4839
Original post by goldenshades
Haha yea! :tongue: There was one point where I was considering physics instead of psychology (Maths isn't my strongest subject) but then decided against it as I've realised that neither maths nor physics are really compulsory and it depends on the uni. Do you like maths?

Nope, I like maths, when I can do it, which is never. I had tutoring through GCSE, so A level was kinda out of the question tbh.
Ive spoken to some junior doctors and loads of them didn't have maths, so I am reassured.
What unis are you thinking for dentistry?

Latest