The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6140
I'm new here and I don't really know how to post here/ if there are any rules in this thread but I was wondering if anyone who has experienced CAMHS felt as though it wasn't suited to them or that they were let down by them? I ended my treatment there a year ago but things have gotten so so hard recently and I don't know if there is any other help I can have apart from CAMHS.. I suffer from depression and severe anger problems as well as psychosis if I'm really bad.. I don't know if this even makes sense but yeah. Are there any other forms of help I can get? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aweful day. Was menna go to an ice cream making place but there was a bike accident so mum had to do first aid and i had to stay calm and do traffic control :/ freaking out internally was so bloody fun! Jokes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Aweful day. Was menna go to an ice cream making place but there was a bike accident so mum had to do first aid and i had to stay calm and do traffic control :/ freaking out internally was so bloody fun! Jokes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds awful! :eek: You're so brave to have been able to deal with that- I would have melted. :colondollar: Will you have a chance to do the ice cream place another day? :hugs:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
x

Hello you. :tongue: :hugs: :wavey:
Original post by tasha96
That sounds awful! :eek: You're so brave to have been able to deal with that- I would have melted. :colondollar: Will you have a chance to do the ice cream place another day? :hugs:

I didnt go near the crash at first i went the opposite way to do traffic but was still scary and i went see it afterwards and the man was screaming and stuff :/

But yeah were gonna go on a weekday when there wont be as many bikers on the road so hopefully wont come across a crash.
When we first saw it i just hid in the pasenger seat and put my head down so i couldnt see anything!

Mum treat us to kfc after cos she was shaking so much. Then she bought me a new plant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, well done! Sounds right scary :frown: Was there blood?
Original post by s-ayuri
I'm new here and I don't really know how to post here/ if there are any rules in this thread but I was wondering if anyone who has experienced CAMHS felt as though it wasn't suited to them or that they were let down by them? I ended my treatment there a year ago but things have gotten so so hard recently and I don't know if there is any other help I can have apart from CAMHS.. I suffer from depression and severe anger problems as well as psychosis if I'm really bad.. I don't know if this even makes sense but yeah. Are there any other forms of help I can get? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know anything about that, but welcome to the thread!
Original post by danny111
Oh wow, well done! Sounds right scary :frown: Was there blood?

No i dont think so. He was struggling breathing apparently and had a sore chest but he was talking to my mum. She was like the first first aider there. Im technically a first aider but i ran the other way because it was scary. We didnt even know if he was alive when we got there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96

Holla! Many thanks for the welcome :godancing:

Original post by s-ayuri

Welcome to the thread m'dear :hugs: Everyone here seems as sweet as punch and your post is just fine so hopefully you'll get something out of the group <3 All the rules are on the first page if you want a quick look.

I've never used CAMHS myself but a friend did and afterwards they used a charity called 'Young Minds': http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_children_young_people/unhappy_with_treatment

They have some resources for young people based on the different conditions as well as point you in the direction of different organisations and services which can help. But they also have a helpline for parents only which my mate's guardians used and they went through with them all the CAMHS alternatives available so if you don't mind asking your guardians to give them a call it's certainly an option. Charities such as Mind should also be able to help if you call or email them.

All the best! :top2:
(edited 10 years ago)
No i dont think so. He was struggling breathing apparently and had a sore chest but he was talking to my mum. She was like the first first aider there. Im technically a first aider but i ran the other way because it was scary. We didnt even know if he was alive when we got there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well aren't all drivers supposed to know first aid? I wouldn't have a clue what to do. Did the ambulance take him away in the end?
Original post by Anonymous
Well aren't all drivers supposed to know first aid? I wouldn't have a clue what to do. Did the ambulance take him away in the end?

Alot were in shock i think. My mums trained and im technically trained but cant physically deal with accidents especially if it could have been fatal.
Dunno air ambulance came after ambulance but we left before any ambulance left.
Was horrible. Seeing him on the floor screaming in pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
sigh, I hate my sister being here, all she does is wind me up and try and get my mum annoyed at me over stuff.

be very very glad when she goes back to Uni in September, hopefully by the time she next visits me and my girlfriend will have found our own place.

really don't feel able to deal with all the crap I have going on and my sister being a little bitch at the same time.
I didnt go near the crash at first i went the opposite way to do traffic but was still scary and i went see it afterwards and the man was screaming and stuff :/

But yeah were gonna go on a weekday when there wont be as many bikers on the road so hopefully wont come across a crash.
When we first saw it i just hid in the pasenger seat and put my head down so i couldnt see anything!

Mum treat us to kfc after cos she was shaking so much. Then she bought me a new plant :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You we're still really brave- it just have been so scary! :hugs: And that's nice!:smile: Do you have lots of plants? I have a few in my room and they really brighten the place up. :woo:
Original post by tasha96
You we're still really brave- it just have been so scary! :hugs: And that's nice!:smile: Do you have lots of plants? I have a few in my room and they really brighten the place up. :woo:

I cant upload pictures from my phone but i have a plant called getrude (got given her from my year 13 form tutors at school as a leaving present, they got everyone one and i think im the only one that still has mine :biggrin: )
My new one is a sly cactus thats covered in fluff so looks so cute :smile: when i get my own place im gonna have loads around the place :smile:

Was very scary especially seeing it all at first! Gahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alot were in shock i think. My mums trained and im technically trained but cant physically deal with accidents especially if it could have been fatal.
Dunno air ambulance came after ambulance but we left before any ambulance left.
Was horrible. Seeing him on the floor screaming in pain

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:

Don't get nightmares!
Original post by danny111
:frown:

Don't get nightmares!

Should be ok. Might try skype my boyfriend over night though so he can keep an eye on me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6155
Original post by james1211
Thanks very much, it'll get done it's just a case of working out how and when. It's worth it in the end because it's all for that new job I'm starting in September and half of it is just so I can become chartered a year earlier after I graduate from my degree. Trying not to think too hard because it's all very confusing to someone of my simple mind :tongue:

Oh and if you think you need a year before going to uni to work things out don't hesitate too much, I wish I'd done a year out before going so I could have some time to breathe and focus on my thoughts rather than rush into one thing after the other. That being said as worried as I was about uni and not knowing if I could commit or build a future out of it, well it's gone well and after a few weeks I really got into it and got hooked so your options really are just as good either way. Hope you work things out :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, you haven't got a simple mind at all!! :console: That's exciting stuff though, I hope everything works out okay :h:
Thanks for your advice :smile: It's good to know a year out may not be such a bad thing after all. I'm still quite unsure, I need someone else to make a decision for me I think :erm:

you can get help and support hun. if it wasnt for my personal tutor i wouldnt have even made it past 1st year! and look at me now, im resitting 3rd year and not giving up because of her!
i know i certainly wasnt excited after i found out i got my place at uni, in actual fact deep down i was hoping i WOULDNT get a place, and prove to everyone i was a failure. so i completely understand not being excited hun.
but you do have so many options. try talk to someone at school on monday about your options. :smile:

and im not wonderful, infact im just the opposite :smile:
iv had a day filled with self hatred and tears so its been fun :smile:
:hugs:

Thanks hun. So sorry to hear about what happened today. You and your Mum did a great thing. I couldn't deal with that, I'd just panic and melt. Things like that freak me out and I feel really powerless. But you should be very proud :jumphug:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Turns out watching your football team get thrashed and then finding out all of your friends are moving out for Uni isn't a good way to spend the day :/ Thank goodness for books :biggrin: (That sounded more pathetic than I intended it to)

Many kind thanks for the welcome :penguinhug:

It may be worth looking into but you know how most unis will have a peer support system? Well a friend of mine has MH issues and they paired them up with someone who also had similar experiences so it's worth looking into what systems they have in place to help or emailing them about it.

Ah okay, I've never heard of anything like that, thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it, for sure :hugs:

Original post by james1211
:console: Remember, it gets better.

Thank you :smile: Things just deteriorated pretty quickly but I'm feeling a bit better now :hugs:

Original post by octoberbaby
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Am still around for tonight if you want to PM me. :jumphug::penguinhug:

Thanks hun :jumphug: Sorry I never replied. Hope you have a great few days :h:
Should be ok. Might try skype my boyfriend over night though so he can keep an eye on me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good!
I cant upload pictures from my phone but i have a plant called getrude (got given her from my year 13 form tutors at school as a leaving present, they got everyone one and i think im the only one that still has mine :biggrin: )
My new one is a sly cactus thats covered in fluff so looks so cute :smile: when i get my own place im gonna have loads around the place :smile:

Was very scary especially seeing it all at first! Gahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's so cool.:biggrin: Getrude is an awesome name for a plant! :woo: I've never thought of giving my plants names. :holmes: I have two lemon scented geraniums on my window sill but want to look at getting some cacti to sit beside them. Your one sounds dead cute if it's fluffy! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

by "might" you mean that you will be Skyping with me later so I can :smile:

:hugs:
Reply 6159
I've applied to UEL :biggrin: :crossedf:

Apart from that I'm quite bored these days, there has been some work taking place at home so there is a lot of mess and I got get any time to myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest