The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
Original post by LikeNarnia
'I don't want to tell anyone' is what I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you say being that straightforward sounds polite enough not o annoy people? I suppose "I'd rather not say" or something like that could work...

I just don't want to sound impolite or anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Guys, I need your help and have a question which might benefit others.

What is a polite way to tell
1) friends
2) other people
3) teachers
that you don't want to tell them your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could open them in private (e.g. in a corner or in the toilets of your school) and then when people ask what you've got, just say "I haven't opened them yet, I wanna wait till I get home" or something along the lines of that? Or as you've posted below, a simple "I'd rather not say" is more than polite :smile:
Original post by mascot of NI
I thought that generally it was quite straightforward but the last question about whether an elderly person could be an effective consumer was really vague. How did you find it?

I felt the same way there was a few marks on the first page about vitamin A that I know I lost quite silly marks really.. Hope the grade boundaries are quite low, do you have any ideas on the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4863
good luck with the GSCE results,hope everyone gets what the deserve.Very nervous.:frown::frown::confused:
New to this thread but have been nervously waiting for the last week. Looking forward to opening the envelope and just seeing what i have got!

I am waiting for:

AQA: English Language and English Literature
Physics, Chemistry, Biology
R.E
Geography

OCR: French and German
Maths, Methods of Maths and Applications of Maths

Edexcel: History

:tongue:
Reply 4865
its okay,just relax people,everyone will get what they deserve,sorry if this message is offensive to someone.:smile:
Original post by CD223
Guys, I need your help and have a question which might benefit others.

What is a polite way to tell
1) friends
2) other people
3) teachers
that you don't want to tell them your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"I don't want to tell you my results."
Good luck everyone with your results. Remember being in this position last year, really hope everything goes well for you guys!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
If you guys do really well, just remember this:

A-Levels are so much harder, so you can't just ride them out like some (but not all; I appreciate a lot of people worked incredibly hard for their GCSEs) people do for GCSEs; consistent effort and concentration is key for getting all As/A*s at AS/A-Level. Just warning you!
Reply 4869
Should I do A level Sociology or A Level Geography both AQA Exam Boards please give pros and cons of both for studying for medicine and also pros and cons of how hard they are and work load much appreciated thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Btw I have picked Biology, Chemistry and Psychology
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by laylarose
You could open them in private (e.g. in a corner or in the toilets of your school) and then when people ask what you've got, just say "I haven't opened them yet, I wanna wait till I get home" or something along the lines of that? Or as you've posted below, a simple "I'd rather not say" is more than polite :smile:

Do not say this-if someone said that to me I would interpret it as them saying "I failed them all".It sounds as if you are too embarrassed to say your results.Just say "I would like to keep my results confidential please":colondollar:
Original post by TauMuon
If you guys do really well, just remember this:

A-Levels are so much harder, so you can't just ride them out like some (but not all; I appreciate a lot of people worked incredibly hard for their GCSEs) people do for GCSEs; consistent effort and concentration is key for getting all As/A*s at AS/A-Level. Just warning you!

Yes, but A-Levels are so much more awesome and fun :biggrin:
Original post by EXAMZ!!!
Should I do A level Sociology or A Level Geography both AQA Exam Boards please give pros and cons of both for studying for medicine and also pros and cons of how hard they are and work load much appreciated thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Study Geography it is far much more respected and although the workload is a lot higher, Medicine Schools will not want Sociology.If you fail any one of your other 3 subjects you could well find yourself in a position where you will be taking Sociology for A2.
Original post by Dalek1099
Do not say this-if someone said that to me I would interpret it as them saying "I failed them all".It sounds as if you are too embarrassed to say your results.Just say "I would like to keep my results confidential please":colondollar:

That still makes it sound like you want to disclose them because you have done badly.
What have people got in their science modules so far??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EvasiveRose
My dad thinks A-Levels are a walk in the park (born in the era of O-Levels.:tongue:)
I've got them to agree with me doing Chem, English Lit, Maths (E+ M=influenced by them, but Im fairly good at them)
They want me to do Biology and possibly Physics
But I want to do History as I enjoy it- they do not see it as an A-Level worth having as in their opinion it is not respected enough

Your parents seem to be obsessed with how respected your subjects are, they would go top of the list ahead of anyone I've seen on TSR.If you pick Biology you'll be studying the Top 4 respected A-Level subjects.History is very respected and is a facilitating subject and that is the top rank given to any A-Level subject and just because it is a fraction less respected than the other subjects doesn't mean you shouldn't take it.My A-Levels will probably be Maths,Physics,Further Maths and Computing, with only 2 of them in the Top 5 respected subjects-I would be probably thrown out of your house for taking these, I'm only exaggerating though:colondollar:
Reply 4876
does anyone know if there's a certain time you can collect your results (my hasn't given me any info)???
Reply 4877
does anyone know if there's a certain time you can collect your results (my hasn't given me any info)???
Reply 4878
Original post by NinjaPandaa
yep, are you too? what other subjects are you taking?

I'm not sure yet, i don't think i will take it because i'm not exceptional at maths but economics sounds interesting so i'm stuck:confused:
At the moment i'm taking biology, chemistry, maths and economics:smile: What about yourself?
Sadly I can't really keep my results that private... Results Day is also my Enrolment Day, which is convenient as I don't have to go into school, but it also means that I have to open them in my Sixth Form with many other people around me. :frown: I don't plan on telling anyone my results unless they ask me first though, that's going to be my rule.

Latest