The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yodawg321
Start revision now?? The exam is months away!

LOOL, obviously not right now. I just mean start early, because remember you won't be going over the syllabus in class
Reply 4621
Got 87 raw marks in this exam and 259 overall UMS! Over half way into the A boundary :smile:
Reply 4622
My teacher messed me up big time !!. I got 76 ums in f321 and 107 in f322. She told me I got a high A in the cw but on results day I found out that I had a low C !!. Missed an A by about 10 raw marks. You can redo coursework right ? I'd be really ticked off if you can't
Reply 4623
Anyone getting their paper back or a remark? I'm really unsure about what to do because for once in my life I actually felt really confident about an exam and my result was actually much worse than expected. I knew the chemistry for that exam by heart because I worked the hardest for that exam. Maybe I had a strict marker or maybe I just wrote stuff that the markers didn't like, I don't know what to do. :frown:
For practicals i got 36/60 which was a C! I am utterly crap at practicals... :frown: how much is an A?

I was close to an A in F321 and was hoping to crack this F322 exam but ended up with 115/150 ums which means i missed like 7 marks minimum... :frown:

Congrats to the rest who scraped A's! :smile:
142/150 UMS :biggrin:

I was surprised that the boundary was 82 though, I thought the general consensus was that it was quite a hard paper.
Am so very annoyed, got high a A in unit 1 and then 37/40 in my practicals, and then a C (!) in unit two, which has dragged me to a B overall.....I got 103 UMS and 235 UMS overall...which is 3 raw marks off an A for the entire thing so I've sent unit 2 off for a remark because I really really thought it went really well...fingers crossed it comes back with what I feel I deserve....
Original post by Loiks94
7 UMS off an A, is that about 3 raw marks? Worth a remark as it's such a big paper?

Definately worth it....I'm 5UMS off an A overall, which I think is maximum 3 raw marks so I've sent mine off for a remark
Missed an A in Chemistry by 4 UMS. Advice?
I think i might send the F332 off for remark. I only need 3 raw marks.
What's the best option to take?
Original post by greenfeather
Definately worth it....I'm 5UMS off an A overall, which I think is maximum 3 raw marks so I've sent mine off for a remark

priority or non priority full clerical recheck? How much did it cost?
Reply 4630
Original post by Loiks94
priority or non priority full clerical recheck? How much did it cost?

Standard Remark cost £38.10 I believe for OCR :smile:
Original post by Smko
Standard Remark cost £38.10 I believe for OCR :smile:

Hello there,

I got 118/150 in this exam, and overall I got 239 UMS in chemistry AS, do you think its worth going for a remark?

Thank you in advance
Reply 4632
Is it possible to redo practicals? And how much would it cost?
I got 234 ums, how many raw marks is that off an A?
its either that or get f322 remarked, though I got 120 ums in that
thaaaanks
Original post by MBee
Is it possible to redo practicals? And how much would it cost?
I got 234 ums, how many raw marks is that off an A?
its either that or get f322 remarked, though I got 120 ums in that
thaaaanks

Should be about 3 raw marks assuming 1 raw mark is 2 ums marks, what did you get in F321 and the practicals?
Reply 4634
Original post by ChiefKeef
Should be about 3 raw marks assuming 1 raw mark is 2 ums marks, what did you get in F321 and the practicals?

Thanks! I got 72 ums in f321, but just 42 ums in practicals
Original post by MBee
Thanks! I got 72 ums in f321, but just 42 ums in practicals

Dont you just hate practicals!

Are you the paper back? Also does anyone know when the deadline is to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

The deadline for remarking is 20th September 2013
Reply 4638
If you were disappointed with your grade in this exam, don't worry too much. If you are continuing with A2 chemistry, you will need to resit this module as its easy UMS. F324 and F325 build on the ideas from AS, so once you have studied these modules, f321 and f322 (especially f322 because of f324) becomes very easy - only a few topics aren't covered in the A2 modules. (green chemistry, for example)
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent off for remark and for paper back when the remark is done

Latest

Trending

Trending