Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

University of Westminster- Freshers 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ted_
Whad up folks!

I'll be studying Film and TV Production and I'll be staying in the Harrow halls of residence :smile:

Now Im a bit new to this whole freshers thing... erm does the uni organise anything or is it up to us to find parties to go to etc. ?

I'm Melissa and I'm doing the same course and staying at harrow halls too so I'm sure we'll see each other around :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 481
Original post by FabiusMaximus
You'll save lots of money not having to worry about accommodation! :smile:

London's almost like my second home haha. I moved up North from London when I was a little kid so I still have family etc down there :smile: I visit a few times a year and I always return to the North feeling depressed :/ I've always wanted to move back and finally I am doing :smile:

Doing a dual honours degree sounds a bit more exciting than just a single. Does that mean that you'll literally be splitting your time 50/50 between English and History? :smile:

Yes I'm from south east London so not too far! That's great that you already love London :smile: yes doing a joint honours I only really changed my mind after results! The modules look really interesting in history so I thought why not go for it? :biggrin: and in an English lover at heart so the best combination! & studying in central London really tops it off! (sorry nerdy self taking over)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yasmin54
Yes I'm from south east London so not too far! That's great that you already love London :smile: yes doing a joint honours I only really changed my mind after results! The modules look really interesting in history so I thought why not go for it? :biggrin: and in an English lover at heart so the best combination! & studying in central London really tops it off! (sorry nerdy self taking over)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm jealous that you already live in London :colondollar:

The history course at Westminster looks great. I think it's the best I've seen or at least the one that suited me best :smile: I'm hoping to take Italian as some sort of extra module that I can get credits for too :cool:

What sort of stuff do you do on your English course?

My college is in a grim part of a grim town....and in four weeks I'll be in Oxford Circus everyday on the tube...I still can't believe it :eek: I've already planned my journey in :colone: Having lived in London is a bit like an extra qualification where I'm from hahaha
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 483
I'm jealous that you already live in London :colondollar:

The history course at Westminster looks great. I think it's the best I've seen or at least the one that suited me best :smile: I'm hoping to take Italian as some sort of extra module that I can get credits for too :cool:

What sort of stuff do you do on your English course?

My college is in a grim part of a grim town....and in four weeks I'll be in Oxford Circus everyday on the tube...I still can't believe it :eek: I've already planned my journey in :colone: Having lived in London is a bit like an extra qualification where I'm from hahaha

Well you'll be here for the next 3 years at least! :smile: the history course looks really interesting! And English is just as awesome! There's a variety of modules such as theatre studies which is something new and different I guess! Also Shakespeare, tragedy, romanticism etc... And Oxford circus is soo busy! But it's soo beautiful in the winter! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Im Bella :smile: Going to be studying Criminal Justice, sadly living at home so... yeah cant wait for early mornings on the tube! Hoping to find others on the course too or anyone in general? Would be nice to know someone before actually starting :smile:
Reply 485
Hi guys :smile: i've just completed my first year at Westminster studying History and i'm just posting in this thread to say that i'm open to any questions you guys might have about the course/department. PM me if you have any questions :smile:
Well you'll be here for the next 3 years at least! :smile: the history course looks really interesting! And English is just as awesome! There's a variety of modules such as theatre studies which is something new and different I guess! Also Shakespeare, tragedy, romanticism etc... And Oxford circus is soo busy! But it's soo beautiful in the winter! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds cool! I wanted to do English at A Level, in fact I started it, but even after a week the course was too heavy for me so I dropped it. I guess you'll have loads of reading to do like. You might end up with a library in your bedroom :tongue:

I want to see Regents Park in the snow. :biggrin:
Reply 487
Sounds cool! I wanted to do English at A Level, in fact I started it, but even after a week the course was too heavy for me so I dropped it. I guess you'll have loads of reading to do like. You might end up with a library in your bedroom :tongue:

I want to see Regents Park in the snow. :biggrin:

A library in my room would be a dream! (and a miracle because it's the size of a box) but yes a lot of reading ahead! Really excited though! Yes winter/Christmas in London is really beautiful! All the light ls and pretty shiny things! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naz.xx
I'm commuting too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where from??
Reply 489
Original post by Hanabana
Hi Bethany, Dira! My name's Hana :smile: looking forward to seeing you guys in Film and TV production lectures. Where r u guys from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Hana!!! Great to have found more FTP students :biggrin: I'm technically from Indonesia/Singapore (it's complicated) lol. How about you? Anyway you can find a bunch of us on facebook's Freshers page :smile: Feel free to add me on Facebook:smile:
Reply 490
Original post by MelissaSearle
I'm Melissa and I'm doing the same course and staying at harrow halls too so I'm sure we'll see each other around :smile:

Hi Melissa! I'm Dira, I'll be doing Film and TV Production too!
A library in my room would be a dream! (and a miracle because it's the size of a box) but yes a lot of reading ahead! Really excited though! Yes winter/Christmas in London is really beautiful! All the light ls and pretty shiny things! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wonder if the Uni will give us reading lists before we start? I still need to enrol :tongue:

If it snows in London, doesn't everything shut down and everyone acts like a volcano has gone off? :colone:
Reply 492
Hello,

I'm Lisa and I will study Business Management at Marylebone Campus in a couple of weeks. I'm actually German but I'm living in London for over a year already.

Really looking forward to start studying and to meet new people!
Reply 493
I wonder if the Uni will give us reading lists before we start? I still need to enrol :tongue:

If it snows in London, doesn't everything shut down and everyone acts like a volcano has gone off? :colone:

Pretty much! :biggrin: And I've received a reading/watch list for my film and tv course :P
Reply 494
Original post by Quinky
... you can find a bunch of us on facebook's Freshers page :smile: Feel free to add me on Facebook:smile:

Yoo can you link the facebook page cuz there's a lot of them? :smile:
Reply 495
Original post by Tigrah99
Hello everyone, I'm Kayleigh, 20, from Essex :smile: I will be studying Psychology at Regent and hopefully staying in Wembley halls. I'm sooo excited, just want the summer to fly by so I can start!

heyyy im doing psychology and living in wembley halls too! im 18 from northamptonshire :smile: x
Reply 496
Hey,

I'm Angie (18), I'll be studying LLB Law at Regents Campus and staying at Wembley Court
Hey, can anyone link me the fb groups for Westminster freshers, there's like gazillion of them ahaha. Much appreciated:-))
Reply 498
when date do we move in? (harrow campus)
Reply 499

Yes snow in London is the equivalent of a zombie apocalypse it gets more amusing each year! And not too sure about a reading list to be honest??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending