The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IrishChick
I felt the same way there was a few marks on the first page about vitamin A that I know I lost quite silly marks really.. Hope the grade boundaries are quite low, do you have any ideas on the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really know, I can't really remember how everyone felt about the exam but I don't think they will be that high so you should be fine even of you lose marks on silly things.
Reply 4881
Original post by jadeb1
does anyone know if there's a certain time you can collect your results (my hasn't given me any info)???

check your school website as it deviates between schools, if there isn't information on the website then you're best bet is to ask people who go to the school
Original post by cammc445
New to this thread but have been nervously waiting for the last week. Looking forward to opening the envelope and just seeing what i have got!

I am waiting for:

AQA: English Language and English Literature
Physics, Chemistry, Biology
R.E
Geography

OCR: French and German
Maths, Methods of Maths and Applications of Maths

Edexcel: History

:tongue:

i did the application of maths how did you find the apps 2
Reply 4883
Original post by pathosL
check your school website as it deviates between schools, if there isn't information on the website then you're best bet is to ask people who go to the school

Reply 4884
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Sadly I can't really keep my results that private... Results Day is also my Enrolment Day, which is convenient as I don't have to go into school, but it also means that I have to open them in my Sixth Form with many other people around me. :frown: I don't plan on telling anyone my results unless they ask me first though, that's going to be my rule.

enrolment day is also my results day which means we'll have to stick around school for a while and be forced to converse about our results :frown:
[QUOTE="jadeb1;44050428"]does anyone know if there's a certain time you can collect your results (my hasn't given me any info)???[/QUOTE

I think it depends on your school, my school posted the times on the website :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
Your parents seem to be obsessed with how respected your subjects are, they would go top of the list ahead of anyone I've seen on TSR.If you pick Biology you'll be studying the Top 4 respected A-Level subjects.History is very respected and is a facilitating subject and that is the top rank given to any A-Level subject and just because it is a fraction less respected than the other subjects doesn't mean you shouldn't take it.My A-Levels will probably be Maths,Physics,Further Maths and Computing, with only 2 of them in the Top 5 respected subjects-I would be probably thrown out of your house for taking these, I'm only exaggerating though:colondollar:

You're only taking 2 respected A-Levels-I'll have to throw you out of the house myself :laugh:
My A-Level choices prior to my parents intervention consisted of: English Lit, History, Maths, Biology. Although, I may now change Biology to Chemistry as I don't want to be memorising large amounts of information and regurgitating it in the exam (I don't found this interesting)
Original post by Darnell LD97
Thanks for the advice :biggrin:

No problem bro! :smile:
Original post by pathosL
enrolment day is also my results day which means we'll have to stick around school for a while and be forced to converse about our results :frown:

It's really rather annoying. :frown: I quite like it because it means I don't have to venture into school again, wasting my pounds on bloomin' on yet more bus fares, however like you say it does force us to talk to one another about results, and I'm worrying with each passing day that I haven't done quite as well as I first thought I had. :s-smilie: We'll all be in the one room as well so it'll be easy for people to find and talk to one another.
From an A2 student I wish everyone success on thursday,but even if things don't go well,work your hardest next year,and if you're planning to take A levels,work your hardest or else you're in for a big shock :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
From an A2 student I wish everyone success on thursday,but even if things don't go well,work your hardest next year,and if you're planning to take A levels,work your hardest or else you're in for a big shock :smile:

Thanks you!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

I'm looking forward to next year, new challenges! :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry

Thanks for the advice to everyone on here, :'D
I'm not too worried about my GCSE results as I think the only ones I could've messed up don't matter for my sixth form anyway.

But everyone keeps warning us about how hard next year will be, I'm dreading it D: fgdhdghd
It's only 3 and a half days now ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Okkefac
Thanks for the advice to everyone on here, :'D
I'm not too worried about my GCSE results as I think the only ones I could've messed up don't matter for my sixth form anyway.

But everyone keeps warning us about how hard next year will be, I'm dreading it D: fgdhdghd

you'll see people on twitter and other social networking sites saying 'as levels are harder than gcse's' - yeah that's obvious but it does depend what a levels you pick.If you pick the traditional subjects e.g maths,chem,bio etc you'll have to raise your game a lot.I worked my arse off for 5 months last year and aimed for ABBB+ this year.Instead i got BCDD.I was gutted,but it can be turned around next year.If there is one simple piece of advice I'd give to all of you - whatever you get at GCSE,can be changed at AS and whatever you get at AS can be changed at A2! Good luck guys :smile:
emma-ice-cream.gif

This is how my results day will go.
Original post by Dalek1099
Your situation sounds similar to mine-I got full UMS(A*) in the first unit then only 73 UMS(B) for Unit 2 and resitting didn't improve it but I got good coursework around 94 UMS(A*) so I need 93 UMS(A*) for an A* and the exam went terribly.

I too did something really stupid in the Geography exam but it wasn't half as bad as writing a full page of A4 and having to cross it out-I got my directions missed up and wrote a paragraph on the wrong area on a map and had to cross it out and it made my actual answer look squashed and hard to read.

Lool. Hopefully we both get our A*
Reply 4897
Original post by tsjmcgrath
It's really rather annoying. :frown: I quite like it because it means I don't have to venture into school again, wasting my pounds on bloomin' on yet more bus fares, however like you say it does force us to talk to one another about results, and I'm worrying with each passing day that I haven't done quite as well as I first thought I had. :s-smilie: We'll all be in the one room as well so it'll be easy for people to find and talk to one another.

don't you have an oyster card? and also if i don't get the results i desired, no matter who asks, they won't be getting a response. some subjects i have to share with a few friends though due to weird circumstances which i dont have a problem with however anyone asking to look through the whole sheets of results, nah
Reply 4898

I didn't see anywhere saying boundaries would be higher?

Just saying science was tougher (they were pretty simple still though), maths candidates were put in early, and they're not expecting much for English :biggrin:
What actually happens on enrollment day? I won't be there at my sixth form... am I missing an awesome party or something? :tongue:

Latest