The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by usycool1
Mistake? :holmes:
Seems to be more of a bad taste joke.. :s-smilie:
Original post by Pandora.

I found it quite amusing:facepalm: although he did initially make an actual mistake.

I was meant to say something before I read this:colonhash:
Reply 322
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I found it quite amusing:facepalm: although he did initially make an actual mistake.

I was meant to say something before I read this:colonhash:
What was the first mistake? :tongue:

I hate it when that happens!
Reply 323
Wow, shiny new thread :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mistake? :holmes:

meh ..below

Yes that's it :biggrin: my bad taste in jokes :lol:
Original post by loua96
Wow, shiny new thread :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:dance:
Original post by Blueray2
I wonder if the guy i'm quoting stills remembers me :colondollar:

Surely you're joking my good fellow?! How could I ever forget?! :smile:

Evening :hat2:

How's life been treating you? :biggrin:

Not bad I suppose.. How're you?

It's lovely to see you, I hope you're doing well. :smile:

It's lovely to see you too :') I'm happy to see you're still here! I'm not doing too bad.. Hope you're well :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Charlie! You're back!! :biggrin:

For now :wink: :')
Original post by CharlieBoardman
x

:wavey: I hope results day treated you well!:ahee:

You back for long?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Surely you're joking my good fellow?! How could I ever forget?! :smile:

Not bad I suppose.. How're you?

It's lovely to see you too :') I'm happy to see you're still here! I'm not doing too bad.. Hope you're well :smile:

Indeed i am, where have you been :biggrin: What unis you applying to?
Reply 330
Did anyone do edexcel AS history?? My two exams were Russia and India. I got 82UMS for the first unit and 72 for the second which im really confused and disappointed about! Ive heard edexcel has come under fire for "severe marking"... How did everyone else do for this subject?
Original post by rew96
Did anyone do edexcel AS history?? My two exams were Russia and India. I got 82UMS for the first unit and 72 for the second which im really confused and disappointed about! Ive heard edexcel has come under fire for "severe marking"... How did everyone else do for this subject?

I did! I literally scraped the A with 162/200. I expected that though as the exams didn't go as well as I wanted them to, I'm very lucky! I got 80 ums on the first and 82 on the second! Not sure about the marking as I think mine was fair, however that may not be the case for everyone :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 332
Original post by rew96
92 for the first, 80 for the second. Seems fair, and reflective of how the exams went. Everyone else in my class seems to have fair result too.

Perhaps you could request a photocopy of your script back?
Reply 333
getting bombarded with negs for saying I don't feel a step up from C2 to C3 (the keyword is i :teehee: )
Original post by Lucy96
Ahh maths, I really hated it at GCSE, I would have definitely failed it if I took it at AS! English Literature and History (I do one science, Biology) You? :smile:

I take RS, Psychology and Biology:smile: I love the first two, and I'm just taking bio cos I wanna do Psycho in uni, and it would be useful. What do you wanna study in uni?
Original post by WannaGetAnA
I take RS, Psychology and Biology:smile: I love the first two, and I'm just taking bio cos I wanna do Psycho in uni, and it would be useful. What do you wanna study in uni?

Very nice :smile: and yeah that's fair enough! I really wish I'd done Psychology instead of Chemistry as I'd originally planned :frown: Thinking of Evolutionary Anthropology, it's got elements of history and biology which are my favourite subjects, and then hopefully I'll do a masters in Paleoanthropology afterwards :smile:
Reply 336
Original post by Robbie242
getting bombarded with negs for saying I don't feel a step up from C2 to C3 (the keyword is i :teehee: )
I've found the C3/4 modules I've covered easier than C2 so far.

Neg that. :sexface:

Yay! We'll get an A* out of you yet:biggrin:
Reply 338

Interesting, I found everything very similar - also no fidly topics such as optimisation (applying differentiation to 3D shapes etc) and radians in C3 which can make it more nice :colone:

It's not easier per se, it's just that you have a stronger skill-set of maths now than you did at the start of the year :smile:

Latest