Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Uni: Official Students 13/14!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Orthrus

Well it's great you got your favourite college! Funnily enough Grizedale was my second choice as well, but i'm still waiting for my email :rolleyes: And hopefully so, it's either that or i leave lancaster in better shape than i come in - which i'm pretty sure isn't meant to happen :lol:

Tbh unless you're in Alexandra Park there isnt really anywhere I would say is a long way once you know the quickest way around everywhere :')
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by yasind95
Anybody know how to apply for bursarys?

If you are eligible they will be given to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Course: Biomedical Science (IBMS)
Offer (BTEC): DDD
Results: D*D*D*
College: Furness
Reply 143
Course: Computer Science BSc Hons (3 years)
Offer: ABB (A-Levels)
Results: A*, A*, A, A (A-Levels)
College: Grizedale or Pendle (Haven't had accommodation offer yet)

Looking to do either History or Economics in my Minors in the first year if thats possible. Currently living in Leeds and looking forward to starting University in Lancaster
Reply 144
Original post by v0ltoz

Looking to do either History or Economics in my Minors in the first year if thats possible. Currently living in Leeds and looking forward to starting University in Lancaster

Wow well done on your a-levels! What did you take?
Another computer science person :biggrin:
Reply 145
Course: Earth and Environmental Science with a year abroad
Offer: DDD (BTEC)
Results: D*D*D* :biggrin:
College: Pendle Superior-Ensuite
Reply 146
Original post by Astonix
I've seen a few driver updates for Tomb Raider recently so it might of been an nvidia problem.

I just bought the humble bundle so I'm playing through Mirror's Edge at the moment. Should check it out if you haven't already. You can get 6 top games for just $1.

Oh, and I'm playing Dark Souls because I heard it was one of the hardest games ever and I just can't refuse that challenge ^-^

Yeah, I got half of it from my boyfriend, because he already owned some in the bundle. Though my internet is rubbish, so I've managed to download one and a half games in the past week :tongue:

I played Demon's Souls and got far too stressed, so I didn't go anywhere near Dark Souls, is it any good? :smile:
Reply 147
Original post by HannahS95
Tbh unless you're in Alexandra Park there isnt really anywhere I would say is a long way once you know the quickest way around everywhere :')

I never had much of a look around the Uni, i'll probably get lost trying to get my bearings of the place - is it weird that i'm even kinda excited about? :')
Reply 148
Original post by tomj2013
Anyone doing chemical engineering?? :biggrin:

I am :smile:
Reply 149
Original post by Orthrus
I never had much of a look around the Uni, i'll probably get lost trying to get my bearings of the place - is it weird that i'm even kinda excited about? :')

I know my way around fairly well, having visited so much due to my boyfriend, which im so glad about since im the kind of person who hates not knowing their way around :') I'm sure we'll all know our way around quickly though! Tbh if you stick to the spine when navigating from one side of campus to the other you'd probably be okay :') Or if all else fails, you could always just walk around the road which goes around campus! :')
Reply 150
Original post by zazzles94
Wow well done on your a-levels! What did you take?
Another computer science person :biggrin:

Thanks alot :smile: I took Economics, History, ICT as well as Business. Did you do A-Levels, if so what subjects did you do?

Yep another Computer Science person, looking forward to it?
Reply 151
I was so excited when I got my email saying I was accepted into Lancaster :biggrin:

Course: English Literature
Offer: AAA (but they wrote to me to say they'd accept AAB providing I got an A in lit)
Results: AAB and an A in my extended project
College: First choice Furness superior ensuite, second Grizedale superior ensuite.
Reply 152
Original post by v0ltoz

You're doing the same course as me, as well as the same two colleges! (But I've had my accommodation offer and payed my £200 deposit on the Pendle Superior En-Suite! :biggrin:
Reply 153
Original post by Blackavar
You're doing the same course as me, as well as the same two colleges! (But I've had my accommodation offer and payed my £200 deposit on the Pendle Superior En-Suite! :biggrin:

That’s extremely good to hear, definitely not going to be alone for the year :smile: Did you put Grizedale or Pendle as your first choice as I put Grizedale and haven’t heard back yet. My accommodation that I applied for in Pendle is En-Suite also.
Reply 154
Original post by v0ltoz
Thanks alot :smile: I took Economics, History, ICT as well as Business. Did you do A-Levels, if so what subjects did you do?

Yep another Computer Science person, looking forward to it?

I did ICT, Maths and English Language alevels :smile: I am looking forward to it! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
Original post by Blackavar

Hey everybody!!!! :biggrin:

Course: Computer Science (3 years, but have been offered to do my masters after the 3rd year)

Offer: DDM (BTEC)
Results: D*DD
College: Pendle Superior-Ensuite [deposit is payed] (Grizedale Superior-Ensuite was my first choice, but didn't get it)

Console - I'll be bringing my Xbox 360 xD

Yay for computer science! Also well done on your grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Original post by HannahS95
I know my way around fairly well, having visited so much due to my boyfriend, which im so glad about since im the kind of person who hates not knowing their way around :') I'm sure we'll all know our way around quickly though! Tbh if you stick to the spine when navigating from one side of campus to the other you'd probably be okay :') Or if all else fails, you could always just walk around the road which goes around campus! :')

That's a lucky, plus it must be nice to have your boyfriend at the uni as well! Is he in county as well, 'cause that would make it all too perfect :lol: Oh god, i walked the perimeter with my mam, i'll just stick the gps on my phone if i really do get lost in a months time!
Reply 157
Original post by eimmas
Awesome - maths and applying for the same accommodation! Are you looking forward to starting? I feel like I've forgotten so much maths already...

I am quite looking forward to it now it's getting closer. I've been trying to do some extra work now and again just to remind myself but I've not done loads so just hoping it will all come back when we get there :smile:

Have you heard anything yet about accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Original post by ItsSian
Yeah, I got half of it from my boyfriend, because he already owned some in the bundle. Though my internet is rubbish, so I've managed to download one and a half games in the past week :tongue:

I played Demon's Souls and got far too stressed, so I didn't go anywhere near Dark Souls, is it any good? :smile:

Ouch, that must be really slow >.< At least we'll all soon have university's high speeds :biggrin:

Dark Souls is a good rpg game but it's just so hard. I went the wrong way once and ended up running into some mobs beyond my level. It took me a quite a few deaths to realise there was another route.
Reply 159
Original post by sw95
I am quite looking forward to it now it's getting closer. I've been trying to do some extra work now and again just to remind myself but I've not done loads so just hoping it will all come back when we get there :smile:

Have you heard anything yet about accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact same frame of mind - I've read a little bit to try and job my memory but I'm just being incredibly hopeful that everything starts to return to me when we begin the course!

I haven't heard anything back about accommodation yet either... Hopefully it'll be soon because I have to book the boat to get across for moving in, so I need to know which day I move in. Some people seem to have already heard back...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending