The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A friend of mine is going, I had my interview on 27th March, still waiting. When was yrs & when did you find out? X
Reply 2
Mine was on the 27th of March as well but I only got the message on ucas this morning :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Hi guys!

i have my interview on thurs 18th...just wondering if you need to take proof pf your qualifications/degree certificate with you?

also any tips would be greatly appreciated! Eeeek im nervous lol

Thanks
katie :smile: x
Reply 4
I wasn't told too, all I had to take was a photocopy of my passport and the two signed declaration forms, but it could always be different so check your letter :-)

I think the format will be the same, group activity, watch a short clip then one on one interview. Make sure you pay attention to the clip as you will be asked questions on it. Make sure you know about what's going on in the media with the NHS e.g the Staffordshire incident, the 6 c's of nursing, Liverpool care pathway. Also read up on things like the equality act, human rights act (it's good to know if they ask you of any issues that could arise from certain scenarios).

Are you going for Adult, child or mental health nursing? Xx

Reply 5
Hi!

Thats great, thank you for the advice! :smile: its adult nursing i've applied for...both PG Dip & degree x
Reply 6
I've been offered a place for next March for Adult & it's asking for level 3 credits at Distinction, other people I know have only been asked for 15, just wondered if anyone else who's done the Access & what they've been asked for :smile: thx
Reply 7
Original post by Pippa75
I've been offered a place for next March for Adult & it's asking for level 3 credits at Distinction, other people I know have only been asked for 15, just wondered if anyone else who's done the Access & what they've been asked for :smile: thx

Should say 30 credits!!
Reply 8
I've only been asked for 15 at distinction. It might be a mistake, I'd call or email to find out. :-)

Reply 9
Original post by Annabear
I've only been asked for 15 at distinction. It might be a mistake, I'd call or email to find out. :-)

Thx, yes I spoke to them & it was the wrong offer code. PHEW!!!
Reply 10
That's good news, are you accepting the offer?

Reply 11
That's good news, are you accepting the offer?

yes I will firm Hallam, it's just so much easier for placements as I have a young family & can stay local to home!! Three of my friends have accepted places too so we can car share aswell when possible. :smile:
Hi, I have a conditional offer from SHU for adult nursing, march 2014 intake. I just wondered if you had applied for accommodation and where you had applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have just received an offer or March 14, child branch! I am on cloud 9!!!
Reply 14
Hiya, just wanted to see who else would be on the course in the March intake? :-)

Hiya am goin to shehfield hallam uni in march 2014..i am sooconfused as why is ih startin in march

thnx
Reply 15
Original post by Meganrose17
Hi, I have a conditional offer from SHU for adult nursing, march 2014 intake. I just wondered if you had applied for accommodation and where you had applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am new to student room and I also have a place at SHU for march 2014:biggrin: am so excited!!!!!!!!!
Reply 16
Hi, I applied for the sep intake but got given march, does anyone know how march works, like do we still have the same summer holidays in aug/ get a freshers week/ accommodation in halls?

thank you :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Chowden
Hi, I applied for the sep intake but got given march, does anyone know how march works, like do we still have the same summer holidays in aug/ get a freshers week/ accommodation in halls?

Are you ok with March 2014 intake?
Reply 18
Original post by Chowden

Hiya, I'm actually starting in September now but this link will show you your schedule for when you start. https://www3.shu.ac.uk/hwb/placements/nursing/documents/4th%20revised%20March%202014%20Plan%2070%2030.xls
Yellow blocks are time spent in uni, blue is holiday, white is placement and green in flexi time (when you are not in uni but could be called in so you can't take holidays).
Hope this helps :-)

Reply 19
For some reason I don't think that link works, https://www3.shu.ac.uk/hwb/placements/nursing/Placements.html if you click this link then go to the march 2014 intake bit it will give you your schedule :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending