The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
That's what I thought :tongue:.
I guess different people find different things intriguing.

Perhaps. Why is your username white by the way? :lol: It makes it rather difficult to read, unless that was your intention :ninja:

Plus, your avatar has the cutest kitten in the world.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Well M2 and S2 aren't too difficult tbh, probably comparable to C3/C4. As for FP2/3 I haven't got into any of them properly yet, but it would ultimately depend on how strong your Pure is. Do you have any current scores?

I got:

C1 - 95 (Poor)
C2 - 95 (Very surprised, missed a 6 marker)
S1 - 92 (Reasonable, found it hard)
D1 - 78 (Didn't work for it)
D2 - 88 (Meh)
FP1 - 100

I would say I am good at maths, but I need an A in Further Maths, and I hope it isn't too hard.
Original post by Pandora.
For God's sake North East, we're really letting the side down aren't we. :ashamed2:

Midlands is pretty poor as well. It does seem to get better the further south you go
Reply 403
The end is so near... it only feels like yesterday when I came to my high school as a year 7, only to talk into a lamp post while walking to my first high-school lesson.. wow, time flies!
For God's sake North East, we're really letting the side down aren't we. :ashamed2:

Sorry.
Original post by Endless Blue
Perhaps. Why is your username white by the way? :lol: It makes it rather difficult to read, unless that was your intention :ninja:

Plus, your avatar has the cutest kitten in the world.

It's not actually white. But invisibility was my intention. It was either that or turn my username purple and masquerade as a mod but I had a feeling that I'd get into trouble on here :frown:
The kitten is cute, isn't it :smile: but what's the connection?
Reply 406
It's not actually white. But invisibility was my intention. It was either that or turn my username purple and masquerade as a mod but I had a feeling that I'd get into trouble on here :frown:
You wouldn't get the same colour purple anyway, so it would be fine. :h:
Just realised I'm actually Yorks & Humber. That still doesn't beat North West though... :tongue:

Bottom of the page in bobk's link. :smile:

From ur pseudo location, would I be correct in guessing that you're a Jane Austin fan?
L'evilfish made it for me :smile:. My old username was just the amalgamation of my middle name and the first part of my hyphenated surname!

Oooh haha! :biggrin:
Just realised I'm actually Yorks & Humber. That still doesn't beat North West though... :tongue:

Oh I see! Well never mind, we'll both encourage our fellow students to up their game so we can be top next year :wink: and obviously we'll work hard too :tongue:
You wouldn't get the same colour purple anyway, so it would be fine. :h:

I betcha I could. The problem would be the thickness of the font!!
Reply 410
From ur pseudo location, would I be correct in guessing that you're a Jane Austin fan?
I am indeed! :smile:

Though I won't lie, Austen's work translates better to screen nowadays, I think she's very 'wordy' as an author.
Original post by CJG21
I got:

C1 - 95 (Poor)
C2 - 95 (Very surprised, missed a 6 marker)
S1 - 92 (Reasonable, found it hard)
D1 - 78 (Didn't work for it)
D2 - 88 (Meh)
FP1 - 100

I would say I am good at maths, but I need an A in Further Maths, and I hope it isn't too hard.

Those are still quite good results so well done :yy:. Everything's above 90 apart from the Ds :tongue:.

Pure appears to be your forte, I'm surprised you consider 95 a poor mark? xD. I think you should be fine with FP2/3.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lilGem
4 A2, 2 AS :smile:

I find out my accommodation, hopefully on the 27th, really want the ziggurats as it's so close to everything :biggrin:

Biology (Biological sciences, I might switch to a year in industry if I can) :biggrin:

No idea where I got 5 from :colondollar:

Yeah that looks good. Hopefully you will get it. :smile:

Yeah it would be really good if youre able to! :biggrin:
Original post by CJG21
Sorry.

What is it you've got against the North, again?
I am indeed! :smile:

Though I won't lie, Austen's work translates better to screen nowadays, I think she's very 'wordy' as an author.

Do you like any 21st century authors?

Nice sig btw, I love the AoA. That song is awesome :biggrin:
Nice sig btw, I love the AoA. That song is awesome :biggrin:

Thanks. I only discovered them today and my old sig felt stale :h:
Reply 417
Do you like any 21st century authors?
To be honest, most of the works by 21st century authors that I have read is kids/young adult stuff. J K Rowling for example. I'll probably be reading some Ian McEwan soon so I can let you know how I find him.

On the whole though, I haven't read much serious fiction by recent authors. :nah:
To be honest, most of the works by 21st century authors that I have read is kids/young adult stuff. J K Rowling for example. I'll probably be reading some Ian McEwan soon so I can let you know how I find him.

On the whole though, I haven't read much serious fiction by recent authors. :nah:

I see... Thanks :wink:
Do you prefer the new colour?
Nobody, besides myself. I remember I posted a couple of my ideas on here and I think that might be what you're thinking of.

So we know that your name isn't bobk, or is it? :tongue:

It probably is :tongue: haha you had a lot of good ideas if I recall

Nope, my name isn't Bob :tongue:
Original post by Lucy96
No! I totally agree :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:woo: happy I'm not alone there :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
Girls beat boys :frown:

Boys got more A*s though :yes:
What do you love about it? :confused: I quite like it, and it's well presented, but the content isn't that interesting, is it?

Haha I like the presentation and the fact chem exams have increased and it was amongst the most sat exams :yes: I'm very weird haha
I would marry that page if I could. :sexface:
(no sarcasm btw, I do think it's cool page)

Hahaha oh gosh, I would have to marry it after you guys get divorced :tongue:

Latest