The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
Not to worry they can't hold their lead :smug:

This is true, they only got through two threads last year!
Won't your collage allow you to retake it alongside your course if the worst was to happen ? :dontknow:

I'm not sure, I came to ask but they kept telling me to come back on the enrolment day. I hope that they would if things went bad though.
They are not GCSE grades so maybe I can persuade them. My other science subjects are fine and my other previous years are fine too. Besides, unofficially, the Maths program I did last year was the equivalence to AS (possibly A2) Maths.
Reply 382
Done :h: and I like your name are you called Grace?

and Critical thinking doesn't count :lol: :colone:

Haha I thought not but ohh well I guess I can (kind of) say I do 5 subjects at AS..? :P hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
It means question I think :biggrin: .. and yes it would I nearly wrote it in my CA but I looked it up to check :colondollar:

Ugh, I hated CA's! The worst ones were the speaking ones where I had to fill time but didn't have anything to say so I memorised loads of pointless things to say like "Gute Frage" Which means "good question" :bigsmile:
yeah like preguntas ... no it doesn't mean pregnant :frown: :lol:

AND EMBARESADA DOES NOT MEAN EMBARRASSED - THAT MEANS PREGNANT :lol:

actualmente = currently
realmente = actually
verdaderamente = really

I suppose native hispanics say the same about English though :redface:
Original post by Gretel_
I didn't do history for that reason :tongue:

Which subjects did you do at GCSE? :smile:
Original post by Gretel_
I missed the whole year 10 from illness and I still managed to do okay in the basics so I'm sure you'll be fine. I think you only need about 50% on higher papers to get a C in maths so I wouldn't worry too much. Besides colleges in particular seem to be quite sympathetic. Mine lets you resit GCSE exams whilst doing AS. :smile:

Ah this makes me feel so much better. Thank you. Haha I got 58% :biggrin:
Reply 387
Done :h:

Thank you! :-) Sorry though - I should have been more specific - I'm doing AQA-A Physics. My bad!
Reply 388
Original post by Molly_xox
Which subjects did you do at GCSE? :smile:

At GCSE I did Triple Science + Stats, German, Art (which I changed to history then dropped :tongue:) German and full course R.S as well as the core Maths and English . What did you take?
Reply 389
Maths: Edexcel
English (lang and lit combined course): AQA
History: AQA
Business Studies: AQA
the battle begins
Reply 391
Original post by IntoTheWater
Ah this makes me feel so much better. Thank you. Haha I got 58% :biggrin:

Glad to help! Fingers crossed!:crossedf:
Reply 392
Original post by gracey11

Haha I thought not but ohh well I guess I can (kind of) say I do 5 subjects at AS..? :P hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha sure :wink:

Original post by MattFletcher
This is true, they only got through two threads last year!

I know :eek: see if they can beat that this year .. no way will they beat our 8 :cool:

haha this is my battle station :lol

Original post by Gretel_
Ugh, I hated CA's! The worst ones were the speaking ones where I had to fill time but didn't have anything to say so I memorised loads of pointless things to say like "Gute Frage" Which means "good question" :bigsmile:

haha I got a high B in my speaking I memorised a lot to say just my pronunciation wasn't the best :biggrin:

Original post by Molly_xox
AND EMBARESADA DOES NOT MEAN EMBARRASSED - THAT MEANS PREGNANT :lol:

actualmente = currently
realmente = actually
verdaderamente = really

I suppose native hispanics say the same about English though :redface:

Yeah how stupid is that :unimpressed:

Original post by Cynical.
Thank you! :-) Sorry though - I should have been more specific - I'm doing AQA-A Physics. My bad!

I'll change it :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by Gretel_
I'm not doing maths! :biggrin:

Ah finally some other people who aren't doing it! In the year 11 thread I was the only one not doing it, but not anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gretel_
At GCSE I did Triple Science + Stats, German, Art (which I changed to history then dropped :tongue:) German and full course R.S as well as the core Maths and English . What did you take?

I did Triple Science, French, Spanish, RS and History...as well as Maths and English :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by Ambulare

You're doing aqa history too? What units are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Original post by Ambulare

Done :h:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Ah finally some other people who aren't doing it! In the year 11 thread I was the only one not doing it, but not anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I can't imagine taking Maths!
Reply 398
Original post by Mr.Nor
You're doing aqa history too? What units are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes... says our sixth form website, but I'm unsure of what units. What units are you doing?
Reply 399
We've just overtaken the Year 11's :colone:

Latest