The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basket case
Is anyone else having money off they're parents for passing GCSES?
I get £10 for a C
And £20 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your sooo lucky all my parents are going to do is say well done and forget about it in a week. :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 4941
Original post by MdTahmid
Damn.. I am now seriously worried about AQA Geography.

Pleaseee let the grade boundaries be low!! :frown:

me too, i did wjec and the exam was quite easy but i'm still worried that the boundaries will be so high that i'd get a bad grade. regret picking geography tbh
Original post by sr-96
I think it will be because core science ISA's were marked with these boundaries :biggrin:However do you think AQA will be strict in marking the papers this year? :eek:

Hmmm I think they'll be more strict on the exams (especially re-sits) that the CA's :smile: so if you re-did for triple any of the 1's or 2's I expect them to have harsher marking this time (or slightly higher boundaries) - Due to there being more past papers available and better teaching structure now :smile:
Reply 4943
Original post by ChronicBoredom
What have people got in their science modules so far??

Posted from TSR Mobile

A*A*A*AAAABB, retook both B's this summer, really scared tbh
Original post by sr-96
I'm not sure yet, i don't think i will take it because i'm not exceptional at maths but economics sounds interesting so i'm stuck:confused:
At the moment i'm taking biology, chemistry, maths and economics:smile: What about yourself?

thing is you don't need further maths to do it at most of the universities I don't think :s-smilie: erm I'm doing maths, further maths, mandarin, economics and English literature
Reply 4945
Original post by Dalek1099
As the results day gets closer its still feeling as if its so far away because time is passing that slowly-I had been thinking to myself about how close it would feel when we get to this point and the grade boundaries are just over 2 days away and it still feels absolutely ages away but on the plus side, today has felt like a very quick day unlike every other day in the past 2 weeks ,its probably only because I woke up at 3pm though:colondollar:

I also have jsut realised this is my 6,000 post, after 2 years and 2 months bar 2 days on thestudentroom.

Lol, congrats! Let's just toast to it not taking any longer.
Reply 4946
Original post by NinjaPandaa
thing is you don't need further maths to do it at most of the universities I don't think :s-smilie: erm I'm doing maths, further maths, mandarin, economics and English literature

are you taking mandarin externally or will you be going to the lessons?
Original post by pathosL
are you taking mandarin externally or will you be going to the lessons?

having lessons (just to be clear I'm not Chinese aha), but I'm the only person doing it in my year :confused:
Original post by Basket case
Is anyone else having money off they're parents for passing GCSES?
I get £10 for a C
And £20 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish. Lol
Original post by aasvogel
I'm hoping the examiner is kind with my writings! I got full marks in the orals so I'm hoping for something similar.

My teacher wouldn't tell me what I got in my controlled assessments so your lucky to knoww roughy what you will be getting on Thursday.
(edited 10 years ago)
So far for aqa bio, chem and phys i have been getting (in Biology, chem and physics respectively): A, A, B, B, A, B. How has everyone else done?
Original post by MdTahmid
Same here! How did you find them? What do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like this year?

They were okay but the confusion about one of the questions in the population section of the human paper was strange! Which topics did you do for each paper? :smile: If I had to guess I think the grade boundaries will be low (they usually aren't that high anyway and our papers were more difficult than previous years.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mascot of NI
I'll try to remember and you can tell me how youts went. I think my teacher probably had a similar opinion of me haha. I know somebody starting chemical engineering at it and they are really looking forward to the course. And thanks, you too.

Yeah I will definitely :smile: It's so close now as well ahhh
Reply 4953
Original post by techno836
Hmmm I think they'll be more strict on the exams (especially re-sits) that the CA's :smile: so if you re-did for triple any of the 1's or 2's I expect them to have harsher marking this time (or slightly higher boundaries) - Due to there being more past papers available and better teaching structure now :smile:

What about the unit 3s?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anwar1
I wish. Lol

If you have asian parents you sir would know how difficult life acc is! :P Id probably get 50p for each A grade if im lucky that is!!
Original post by mascot of NI
My teacher wouldn't tell me what I got in my controlled assessments so your lucky to knoww roughy what you will be getting on Thursday.

Really? Aw that sucks! We pestered him until he gave us them!
This threads got nothing on the A level results thread. Nothing.
Original post by Einstein007
If you have asian parents you sir would know how difficult life acc is! :P Id probably get 50p for each A grade if im lucky that is!!

Haha I know exactly what u r talking about because i'm asian. Not a guy though. Sorry. I know whatever I get it wont be good enough. Fact.
Original post by sr-96
What about the unit 3s?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

first time they've been sat so I wouldn't expect them to be too harsh :smile:
Original post by anwar1
Haha I know exactly what u r talking about because i'm asian. Not a guy though. Sorry. I know whatever I get it wont be good enough. Fact.

Lol my family think that if i dont become either; a doc, dentist, pharmacist or engineer, i am below average in terms of my qualifications. My life is sadly based too much around educqtion alone atm lol

Latest