The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
Thanks for joining us tonight :smile:. Will you have completed all 18 maths modules next year?

:biggrin: Just randomly browsing through stuff..

No, I'll most likely leave out S4/ D1/ D2 and only take AFM to AS.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I have 12/13! Work work work.

Ahaha I hope so!

Ooooh very close! I'm sure you'll nail it next time :smile:
My maths UMS were as thus:
C2: 98
FP1: 100
S1: 92
D2: 82 - I thought I'd got a lot higher than that!

Thanks, I shall try!:biggrin:

That D2 does look odd! Well done though, I'm bemused... I counted 3-5 marks dropped in C2/3 so I was very confused on results day:lol:

Original post by Pandora.
:woo:

I'll note that, thanks. :redface: Sorry to hear that, was it something you'd learnt and forgotten or was it completely new? :redface:

Good :biggrin:

It's not even on the specification so I had no idea what it was... I got the perpendicular bit in the question (it was 7 marks) but.no idea for the rest of it.

It's annoying, it said:
Verify that L is a perpendicular foot upon AB.(7 marks)

So I was like... :lolwut: if they said verify its perpendicular and then find points of intersection I'd have had it.
Reply 482
Original post by Felix Felicis

Pretty much the same as me but I'll be forced to do D1 and hence I'll have to give up M5 or S3 :cry:
(edited 10 years ago)

Ah yea, I forgot you'll be doing mathematics with physics.
I guess it's more beneficial to work on pure mathematics and mechanics topics than it is to do Decision and Stats :biggrin:.
So whilst I'll have only 4 A2 exams and 1 resit next summer, you lot have in the teens?! There ARE benefits to not doing maths and more sciences :tongue:

I should resit AS chemistry, but I'd rather eat my own eyeballs or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:zomg:

Guys I'm staying here, this is my home thread... :lol: the other ones are too impure (I know that's ironic as I'm posting here but :tongue: :teehee: I'm a hypocrite)

I'm not a mathmo :sexface: I'm a linguistic chemist :smug:

A linguistic chemist, a lovely title.

I guess my title would be...The wannabe historian polyglot. :cool:
Original post by Robbie242
and I will most likely have 14! Work work work + 1

Nice ums btw, dat fp1 score :coma: I got 100 in C2 but 79 in S1 lool, my only real bad exam was S1 though

I thought I had got 100 in C2 for definite - apparently not! :') I expected that S1 score. And I expected about 92 for D2 too, so I was shocked aha. Thanks though :smile: funnily enough, I thought I'd done worst in FP1.. Expected 70-80 UMS because I was so unconfident about my performance aha! well done for your 100! Stats sucks anyway :wink:
:teehee:

Bold: Welcome to my world... :sad:

Its a good thing in a way, in the sense that English would be your territory :smile:.
Nah we were actually thinking ''Look at this guy taking time out of his day to understand mathematics in more depth and do well in his exams'' :wink:

Ah, if that's the case, then I guess it was worth it, I don't think I can ever get to your standards though
Poppycock, we mathmos don't bite...:tongue:

Spoiler

I've always wanted to be bitten by a mathmo! :ahee:
Reply 488
Good :biggrin:

It's not even on the specification so I had no idea what it was... I got the perpendicular bit in the question (it was 7 marks) but.no idea for the rest of it.

It's annoying, it said:
Verify that L is a perpendicular foot upon AB.(7 marks)

So I was like... :lolwut: if they said verify its perpendicular and then find points of intersection I'd have had it.
That's really nasty of them. Looking at that question now, I think I would probably be able to guess what it meant if you hadn't said, but in an exam situation I'd just go into panic mode. Really unfair to word it like that. :frown:

What, you don't want to sample the exotic flavours of D1? :teehee:
Original post by Fool In The Rain
A linguistic chemist, a lovely title.

I guess my title would be...The wannabe historian polyglot. :cool:

I love history!:drool:

Are you on my:
"Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK I" ?:biggrin:

What languages do you speak/are learning to speak?
Pretty much the same as me but I'll be forced to do D1 and hence I'll have to give up M5 or S3 :cry:

:eek:

Does that mean you're getting the D brah? :teehee:
Original post by keromedic
Ah yea, I forgot you'll be doing mathematics with physics.
I guess it's more beneficial to work on pure mathematics and mechanics topics than it is to do Decision and Stats :biggrin:.

Haha yeah, I don't plan on touching the Ds anytime soon. :sexface:

I'm avoiding the Ds at all cost. :sexface: Looks like you already got the D(1) this year, though. :teehee:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
Aha, doesn't matter! I loved it, but I want to study it at uni so I'm biased :tongue: I got a B in the end but I was ill for the second exam, the only one I actually have an excuse for! I know a lot of people that struggled, but really if you have maths and keep up as you go along you should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thanks :smile: and good luck :biggrin:
I counted 3-5 marks dropped in C2/3 so I was very confused on results day:lol:

But how could you know how many marks you dropped though? There's no unofficial markscheme for WJEC
Reply 493
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Its a good thing in a way, in the sense that English would be your territory :smile:.
True :beard:

(although when I went to summer school, I felt like everyone liked English more than I did / was better at it than me. Which they probably were. but it wasn't nice :tongue:)
Reply 494

Unfortunately my teachers have continuously tried to force the D down my throat so I just let it happen (no homo)

My college is forcing me to do D1, unfortunately. It looks quite scary tbh. In theory, I'd prefer to do S2 but I already have enough on my plate, with trying to get an A*A*A* minimum next year and all!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
But how could you know how many marks you dropped though? There's no unofficial markscheme for WJEC

We did muster up one... :tongue:

And my answers seemed to agree with others... Places where I could have lost marks because I can't remember my exact numbers:

Trig (doubt it)
Differentiation for not showing working (this would piss me off... Eg tan^-1(5x) I just wrote the answer for 3 marks... No chain rule working for all the questions)
Functions
One mark for missing out an interval in modulus
Reply 497
I'm avoiding the Ds at all cost. :sexface: Looks like you already got the D(1) this year, though. :teehee:
:rofl:

Yeah, no more D for me. I could always try some more D if I felt like it. :sexface:
Unfortunately my teachers have continuously tried to force the D down my throat so I just let it happen (no homo)

Hahaha :rofl:, the way that sounded!
That's really nasty of them. Looking at that question now, I think I would probably be able to guess what it meant if you hadn't said, but in an exam situation I'd just go into panic mode. Really unfair to word it like that. :frown:

I was already panicking from the other questions (I had a negative integral due to arithmetic :colonhash: my working was all fine) and thinfs like that...

So I panicked like **** on the last question

Latest