The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4960
Original post by NinjaPandaa
having lessons (just to be clear I'm not Chinese aha), but I'm the only person doing it in my year :confused:

that's quite the challenge, i'm not even considering doing my native language which i can speak & write because it's so hard. good luck
Original post by Einstein007
Lol my family think that if i dont become either; a doc, dentist, pharmacist or engineer, i am below average in terms of my qualifications. My life is sadly based too much around educqtion alone atm lol

Funny how the majority of asian parents that say that are NONE of those things. Makes me mad. My mum is actually giving me anxiety over these GCSE results. Same here, need a break.
Original post by aasvogel
Really? Aw that sucks! We pestered him until he gave us them!

We tried that but she just refused and said it would be against department policy even though every other language teacher have out their marks.
Reply 4963
Original post by techno836
first time they've been sat so I wouldn't expect them to be too harsh :smile:

I hope you're right:smile: Not long now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4964
Original post by anwar1
Funny how the majority of asian parents that say that are NONE of those things. Makes me mad. My mum is actually giving me anxiety over these GCSE results. Same here, need a break.

they didn't have the opportunity to, now that you have they want you to take the opportunity. take it as a bliss

Original post by anwar1

I am in the exact same situation as you! Soo i realllyyy feel for you, i really do, i know what ur going through. Best of luck on your results, inshaAllah you'll smash em all ;D
Let me know how u do! X
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mascot of NI
We tried that but she just refused and said it would be against department policy even though every other language teacher have out their marks.

We got our marks back for every controlled assessment!
Original post by sr-96
I hope you're right:smile: Not long now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So do I :biggrin: and I know :smile: good luck :smile:
Original post by pathosL
they didn't have the opportunity to, now that you have they want you to take the opportunity. take it as a bliss

Yeah, thats true. Makes me wish I tried a little harder now.
Reply 4969
Original post by anwar1
Yeah, thats true. Makes me wish I tried a little harder now.

me too :frown: hope i can compensate for it in my a levels

I am in the exact same situation as you! Soo i realllyyy feel for you, i really do, i know what ur going through. Best of luck on your results, inshaAllah you'll smash em all ;D
Let me know how u do! X

JazakAllah and I will definitely tell you how I get on. Hopefully its all good.
With just over 4 days I'd like to wish everyone good luck!

(I'll probably do this everyday until results but you know, every little helps and all that...)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mellowhigh
This threads got nothing on the A level results thread. Nothing.

What do you mean by this??:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pathosL
me too :frown: hope i can compensate for it in my a levels

You will be fine. Don't worry. Yeah I will probably be doing that as well.
Reply 4974

Let me know how u do! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol asian parents do put that pressure on us but sometimes im actually glad they do (i know im weird)
Original post by Molly_xox
With just over 4 days I'd like to wish everyone good luck!

(I'll probably do this everyday until results but you know, every little helps and all that...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too! And btw according to my records, there's only 3 days, 9 hours and 12 minutes left, just saying :wink: Lol.
Original post by Aimzii
Posted from TSR Mobile

lol asian parents do put that pressure on us but sometimes im actually glad they do (i know im weird)

Lol that is acc very weird! :smile: And hey im from bham as well, js
Reply 4977
Lol that is acc very weird! :smile: And hey im from bham as well, js

lol yhh my friends consider me to be worse than their parents sometimes and yayy bham is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to you too! And btw according to my records, there's only 3 days, 9 hours and 12 minutes left, just saying :wink: Lol.

With just over three days then* :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimzii
lol yhh my friends consider me to be worse than their parents sometimes and yayy bham is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol u must be extreme if they consider u to be worse than A parent, let alone asian parents lmao! And yeahh aha bham rules, which college u going to may i ask?

Latest