The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlueSam3
Go for it. Somebody in my kitchen did, and started a year-long exchange of cakes that wound up with us having 3-4 cakes most weeks.

You don't have to go to that with them. It's a decent excuse to get rid of your parents and get on with meeting people.

Yes, you need pots and pans.

Canley, I presume?

near canley, yes :frown:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Callum17
Haha I don't really know :tongue: at the open day they say you can do loads of things from like teaching and writing to law or field archaeology, but I guess they would say that :rolleyes:

Haha. I wouldn't mind becoming an archaeologist but the pay apparently is not that high. - I just want to dig mummies and do something fascinating.
Reply 142
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Me too!!! I have applied to Bluebell, you? - I will cry if I will have to share a bathroom!

I've applied to sherbourne and heronbank! Oh my gosh fellow muslim hahah i really am so worried i just Wont fit in at all :O Don't know why?! :s-smilie:
Original post by AFC_123456789
am I the only one who will be staying at home and going to warwick uni :frown: There's just no point staying in halls when my house is 5 mins away :'( I just couldn't turn down WARWICK

???

I would sooo prefer to live near Warwick...it would take me about 5 hours on a train to get there...with 3 stops. ..plus I suffer from travel sickness.
Reply 144
Original post by curlyboff
Hey!

Another politics and sociology person!

Thank goodness for that, I can't ever find people on the sites doing that.
Was afraid I was going to be the only one.

Hello! Oh so glad to hear that! I cant wait to start really excited... i did apply for politics and international relations but they didnt give me an offer for that.. they said no and gave me sociology.. i didnt really want to at first but i had a look and actually looks really really cool!
Original post by Samzali1
I've applied to sherbourne and heronbank! Oh my gosh fellow muslim hahah i really am so worried i just Wont fit in at all :O Don't know why?! :s-smilie:

Hahah, I think sheronbank is my 2nd preference, lol. Atleast we can seek each other out eh? Do you live close to coventry?
I would sooo prefer to live near Warwick...it would take me about 5 hours on a train to get there...with 3 stops. ..plus I suffer from travel sickness.

haha i guess it has positives but just wondering whether it'll affect the social side of things. 5 hours isn't too bad :P I joke, i joke :wink:
I'm hoping for Jack Martin too, this could be awkward :colondollar: haha or I can be 'Callum' and you be 'the other Calum' :wink:

I think I prefer being called "calum", I'll tell you what,:hmmmm: how about if we both end up in Jack Martin, we'll agree that I can be "calum":happy2:, and you can be "Callum who misspells his name":rofl:. That's fair right? :mmm:
Original post by AFC_123456789
haha i guess it has positives but just wondering whether it'll affect the social side of things. 5 hours isn't too bad :P I joke, i joke :wink:

Hahah...lets just say trains and I do not go well...
Original post by Bexi_bex_10
Any psychology students?

I am so excited to have a new start :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I'm doing Psychology too :smile: What's your preferred accommodation?
Reply 150
How do I log into the start warwick app? How do i register?
Original post by emily_marie123
Hi! I'm doing Psychology too :smile: What's your preferred accommodation?

I put Rootes first, what about you?
What are the duvets like that are already provided? I am really lazy and would like to do as little shopping as possible :colone:
Reply 153
Original post by dmrich
Hey guys,

Brilliant thread, been really helpful in getting an idea of what to expect.

Anyone else studying film and literature, or something similar?

Feel free to find me on twitter: @daisyrichards (very excited and also nervous to start in September!)

I'm studying film and literature! I'm glad someone is actually doing the same course as me, I was beginning to worry haha. :smile:
Reply 154
Haha. I wouldn't mind becoming an archaeologist but the pay apparently is not that high. - I just want to dig mummies and do something fascinating.

I've never really done any archaeology before so I don't know if I'll enjoy it or not but it sounds fun :smile: I wouldn't mind doing teaching but I'm not sure I'm clever enough for that haha
I'm really sorry to like butt in halfway whilst everyone seems to be talking, but I thought I'd join in this thread myself. :P. My bad.

I'll be studying Law but I'm flying all the way out from the island of Gran Canaria in Spain, albeit both my parents are English and I took my A levels in an English school.

P.S. Based on watching the Jackie Chan animated series as a kid, I would have loved to be an archaeologist... :biggrin:
Reply 156
Original post by hello calum
I think I prefer being called "calum", I'll tell you what,:hmmmm: how about if we both end up in Jack Martin, we'll agree that I can be "calum":happy2:, and you can be "Callum who misspells his name":rofl:. That's fair right? :mmm:

Hmm I'm not sure that would work either :unimpressed: what subject are you studying? Maybe we can find a solution to this without resorting to a fight to the death :catfight:
I've never really done any archaeology before so I don't know if I'll enjoy it or not but it sounds fun :smile: I wouldn't mind doing teaching but I'm not sure I'm clever enough for that haha

Haha...I think I do not have the patience to be a teacher, lol.
Original post by Nirgilis

If you want to pay in cash, then you can sign up at the sports fair, or at sports centre reception at any time :h: . If you would like to pay by card (because before you can join a club you need Warwick Sport membership for £49, which is a lot of cash to carry round!), you can pay online on the Warwick Sport website when you have an ITS log in :h:

There are Chip+Pin readers at both the Fairs, so you'll be able to pay by card and join there and then if you want to!
Original post by Bexi_bex_10
I put Rootes first, what about you?

I put Heronbank as my top choice, but Rootes is my second.:smile: Are you arriving at the university on the Sunday or Saturday?

Quick Reply

Latest